The first thing I'd say about this hotel is that the location is perfect for Universal Studios ,Universal Islands of Adventure and Universal Citywalk!Its only a 5 minute walk from the hotel or a 3 minute journey by water taxi which is an extra nice little journey and is free!Location is just a gift especially with the early starts!
The rooms themselves are spotless and we had a room overlooking the pool area which was nice!Its also a good size and you have coffee making facilities where you have take out cups instead of ceramic which is great especially for the early morning walk to the park!
The pool area is special as you have a beach area with sand ,a water slide for kids ,beach volleyball net for a group of friends and the Dive-In which is where they pull a big projector screen down over the pool bar and you can watch a movie in the evening ,it's a nice touch!
Here's the problem with the hotel ,it's a rip off!The price for two nights stay is expensive but evens out slightly as you get express passes for the parks which means you can access them 1 hour early in the morning (8.00am instead of 9.00am ) and you can also skip any queues for the rides as many times as you want at any time in the day which is far superior to Disneys fast pass method!But prices in the hotel are crazy!I mean $6 for a bottle of water is physically sickening and $25 for 2 strawberry daiquiris is outrageous!But the worst part....they add the 18% gratuity on at the bar and restaurant so you don't get a choice as to whether you tip or not!Now we would always tip especially if its good service but some families might not be able to go the recommended 18% so shouldn't they have a choice....it's very poor on the hotels part!
But if you can get over the cost of this place or scrape it like we did then its well worth it for a couple of nights for the location and express tickets alone!Universal Citywalk is ok but for good food and drink definitely go to the Hard Rock Cafe opposite Citywalk!Its the biggest in the world with great music ,great food (I would recommend the Texan burger ,it's a beast) and good value!All in all a great few days ,just bring your wallet ;-)!
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.