Loved staying at the Hard Rock Hotel in Early June. Booked here based on recommendations from Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. From the moment we walked in the door everyone was very helpful. Busboys will help unload your luggage and take to your room (will not let guest use luggage cart) and check in was very fast and easy. Fast pass machines were right next to check in but expect a drivers license type photo instead of a small portrait. When picking up tickets for universal, check at the concierge for information about the park and area activities. (Gary was awesome!) Hotel staff and surroundings more than made up for a slightly above average room.
After an afternoon rain storm, we decided to enjoy the pool instead of going back to the park. Pool area was large and very family friendly. Kids (15, 17) said the water slide landing area was very shallow but very safe for younger children. Pool only went to 4 foot with a beach type entry so it was easy to find a depth and just sit in the water. Hot tub felt great on tired muscles. The movie was a good idea but the sound was bad so you could not hear the words very well. We ordered from the pool area waiters and had a little snack while swimming and charged it to room. (18% surcharge added for tip before we ever saw the bill so know price will be higher than shown on menu. Also the only time we saw our waiter was when he handed us our bill so not happy about giving him such a big tip.) Fortunately the pool waiter was the only bad employee we encountered during our entire stay.
At night our room was very warm and after 2 nights we asked the front desk about the air condition. They volunteered to move us to another room or call engineering to fix the problem. We decided to try and fix the air in our room since we had objects from the park being delivered the next day. The gentleman on the phone said that each room has a motion sensor and the cooling system turns off when movement stops. They were able to manually override the system so that the room stayed cool even when we slept. Had heard about this issue from a previous review but forgot until the second warm night. If you are a person who sleeps better in colder temperatures, ask early in your stay about turning off the room sensor.
The gift shop had a large selection of items but it was fun to just walk around and look at all the rock and roll memorabilia. Found the ice cream shop one afternoon and I can recommend the cookie dough/brownie ice cream. So many things to do around the Hotel, we almost felt we didn't get our money out of our stay since we spent so much time at the parks. Take time to explore the hotel, all the shops and restaurants, and beautiful tropical surrounding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel