We stayed here to enjoy Universal Studios in early February. Check it was fast on a Saturday afternoon with the front desk being very friendly and attentive. I mentioned that it was my daughter's birthday coming up and that despicable me was one of her favorite movie in passing and that it was our first trip to Universal Studios. Within 20 minutes of checking in, a knock on the door presented a movie package with movie themed candy and a coupon for a free in room movie along with a hand drawn "minion" along with a note to our family and to my daughter.
We had club level access and Nan certainly made us feel special and may be one of the best hotel employees I have come across in all of my travels as a meeting planner. On Monday, my daughter's glasses fell out of my pocket during the rip ride rock it coaster. The park employees told us they do a sweep under the ride after closing at 7pm so to check back with lost and found the next morning. We continued the best we could for a couple hours and returned back to the club level around 4pm to get a snack and relax. We told Nan what had happened with the glasses and she said she would look into it since property hotels sometimes have better luck. I thanked her figuring it wouldn't mean much.
When we came back to the lounge at 5:30, Nan informed us she had made some calls and found my daughters glasses and was meeting a park employee at 7pm when they closed. I couldn't believe our luck and said I would go pick them up myself instead. She wouldn't hear that and insisted that I spend time with my family, that she would take care of everything. We went to the pool for the "dive in" movie and sure enough at 8:30 when we went up to get desserts, Nan was there with the glasses. Miraculously the glasses were not broken or scratched. We couldn't thank Nan enough helping us make the rest of our trip enjoyable since the daughter can't see without them and wouldn't be able to enjoy the rides.
In addition, the hotel rooms were updated, clean and the club level drinks/food are worth the upgrage. The fastpasses you get to use at the parks by staying here are great as well. We never waited longer than 20 minutes for any ride in either park all 3 days.
Thanks to the hotel staff for making our vacation one to remember!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel