What can I say that hasn't been said in previous reviews? The Hard Rock is extremely convenient if you are vising the Universal theme parks. The buildings are very nice, the rooms are a decent size and are a bit nicer than the Royal Pacific. The pool is massive and heated, there are two standard sized hot tubs of which one is reserved for adults only. There is also a water slide.
The biggest benefit is that you can walk to the parks (or take the water taxi) and that your room key give you unlimited express access to most rides. This is amazing! One thing that I found to be frustrating is that if you are walking back after 10pm, they close the walking path by pool and make you walk twice as far. Not fun after a long day at the parks or if it is raining.
Food and drink are a bit on the pricey side, but the quality is good and it is convenient. You have a ton of options at CityWalk as well.
Note, look into buying an annual pass to get the annual passholder rate. I saved about $80 per night. This can pay for itself in a few days!
I always stay at one of the onsite Loews hotels when visiting Universal, the benefits are definitely worth the extra expense.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.