Stayed here at the Hard Rock Orlando for a multi-day visit to Universal. Nice interior and exterior - the usual Hard Rock rock n' roll memorabilia. GREAT pool area with a slide, it's shallow so good for the kiddos. Could use some more hot tubs, but at least one of them is adult only which is nice.
One shortcoming: this place is badly in need of a more casual lobby bar. The place they have is nice, but too stuffy . . . I would think a pub-style place with casual food would do well here and also be a comfy place to have that one last cocktail.
Rooms were clean, decent bathrooms, hospitality suite was worth the extra $$ (great for breakfast if you are planning on hitting Universal . . . just grab some muffins and go!).
One complaint has little to do with Hard Rock and much to do with Universal: When they designed Universal and Islands of Adventure, they didn't put enough thought into "people moving" . . . i.e. how will people get from hotels to park? There is a boat from Hard Rock that leaves you on the OTHER SIDE of the lake from Universal, or you can catch a pedi-cab (tip the driver), or you can walk. These parks are HUGE, and stuff like Harry Potter and Jurassic Park are the farthest away, so if you are with kids I would strongly recommend pedi-cabs so that little legs don't get too tired. What Universal REALLY needs is a monorail like Disney!!
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.