We stayed at the Hard Rock for 4 nights starting Christmas Day while we visited Universal. This location really cannot be beat--a few minutes walk to the parks or a convenient water taxi (complimentary) to take you there. The best benefit of staying here is getting the included Express Passes for everyone in your party. We realized what a benefit this was when visiting during the holiday season as most rides had over 2 hour waits in the standby lines, while we went in the Express line and usually only waited 5-10 minutes! We would not have been able to ride as much as we did, had we not had the Express passes because we would not have splurged ($89 pp, I think) to purchase them on top of the ticket prices.
Our room was nicely appointed with 2 beds and a rollaway ($25/nt) for our family of 5. The Keurig coffee maker was enjoyed--we have one at home--and the bath area was large enough with a sink outside the shower area. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was very quiet and we only heard noise from a shower next door in the morning. We used the laundry room ($3 ea for washer/dryer)--very convenient. The pick-up and go breakfast/snack/Starbucks area was great for a fast meal on the way to the parks in the morning.
All the staff, except for 1 server in the Kitchen, were really great and helpful and welcoming. It was a little chilly during our visit and most of our time was spent at the parks or City Walk, so we did not actually use the beautiful pool. The short amount of time our sons had available to use it, they chose to take a nap--highly unusual for them- ages 20, 16, and 12. We wore them out evidently!! My husband and I went to the lobby for free wifi and then to the pool bar while they napped, so we saw how great the pool was. Quite a few people were using it (it is heated) even though it was chilly outside.
Check out was easy and when we asked the bellman to call a taxi to take us to the airport, they took us in the limo for the same price as a taxi. That was a big hit with our sons!
We would definitely stay here again when going to Universal because of the value of the included Express passes and the positive experience with the staff and quality of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel