This hotel is definitely full of kids and family friendly, but not for those seeking a quiet gettaway. The pool is rockin'.......music is above and under the pool...plus live bands at lunch time and other times.....pool is kid friendly with no deep end and although there's only one slide, it's a fun slide ! People here are laid back and chilled out.....food at the beach club by the pool is good and so is the breakfast at the kitchen....you can find almost anything you need for breakfast, you can eat indoors and out, and they actually replenish the used items at the buffet until it closes....not like a lot of other places we have stayed.
Staff are really laid back and friendly. The marketplace has breakfast to go, chips and ice cream/coffee etc Was a nice addition to the hotel. Universal is super handy with a boat, a walk or a rickshaw as any choice of transport. It is 3-4 mins from the hotel.....the hard rock cafe in universal itself, is also an experience......
The concierge organizes almost anything you need from their front desk, and whatever they can not organize, they seem to have a fairly good idea of where to direct you.....the shop on the main level has some cute clothes and souvenirs.....the hotel also supplied a bus service to Seaworld and the aquatica waterpark near Seaworld.....plus a number of other Orlando parks.......
The only complaint I had was no balcony and no windows that open....but this seemed to be typical of a number of hotels in the Orlando area....so maybe it's the norm down there.....
All in all one of the more relaxed and fun places to stay with kids.......you can go to Universal Citywalk every night for dinner and experience something new each time, NBA City , Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville , Nascar Sports Grille etc.....
We didn't even get a chance to experience the kid's club at the Hard Rock as there's so much to do at it and in Universal.....and Orlando in general.....everything seemed very central to the Hard Rock.....At the pool in hard rock , there's a stall to buy inflatables for the pool and a hair stall for feathers etc...
We also choose to do a Pirates's dinner on International Drive which was seriously cool action for the kids, but awful food !
I liked the Hard Rock for the fact that kids can chill and be kids....everyone is just there to have fun and relax.......and staff are super friendly...all in all a recommendation........one of the more enjoyable kids places we have been...!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel