We stayed at The Hard Rock Hotel at the Universal Resort Orlando in August 2012. First impressions were good. We had paid for 'Level 7' accommodation. This is supposed to be the better rooms in the hotel located on the top floor and accessed with your room card in the lift 'Club Level'. Our room seemed to be tucked away in the corner and was full of dust along the head board and table. Even after a few days the room never got dusted. Disgusting. We had an awful nights sleep when a fan in the ceiling somewhere was rattling and an engineer was called. They never turned up and I had to go down to reception to see what was going on. The information had not been passed over. Bad communication. Fan never got fixed and went down to reception in the morning after a horrendous nights sleep to complain about the poor service/rattling fan and dirty room. We were moved to another room which had obviously been cleaned properly this time. What was surprising was that we were moved to the same type of room but this one was 10 times better. I wish we had had the 2nd room originally. Especially as it was our honeymoon. We felt we had bee shoved in the worst room on 'Club Level' originally. I did manage to get a part refund for the trouble but the damage had been done.
The Club level lounge is not worth the extra for staying on club level. Poor snacks and awful buffet food. The room is small and if you don't get in there early you won't get a seat. It's more like a play room. The staff were very friendly though.
The food from the pool bar was also very disappointing.
This hotel is great for getting the the universal parks and the fast pass you get for staying at the hotel is fantastic. Unfortunately the hotel is let down with it's over rated Club Level rooms and poor house keeping. How hard is it to run a duster over the furniture!
We would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live like a rock 'n' roll superstar at the exciting Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando® You’ll feel like rock 'n' roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, a wealth of recreation and personal service and attention fit for an "A-List" celebrity. The Hard Rock Hotel is lively, yet laid back. Classy, yet totally casual, with a sand beach pool that immerses you in sound, not just water; authentic rock 'n' roll memorabilia; the legendary Palm Restaurant and more. You don't have to be a rock star to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. But after just a few hours, you’ll definitely get used to living the lifestyle.Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required) * Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time* And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Hotel Hard Rock
- Hard Rock Resort
- Hard Rock Orlando
- Hard Rock Cafe Hotel Orlando
- Universal Hard Rock Hotel