You added Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando to your Saves list
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, NC
“Good Access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed there for Spring Break Easter Weekend. My Kids thought they need the NBA cable package somewhere in the lobby or in the Room. They Could not watch the Magic play. The Room was small for a king and the Bathroom needed some attention with left over hair from the previous guest. The food was good but high priced. The Parking was high priced but you are paying for the convenience. The Fast Pass is worth the whole stay at the hotel! The staff goes out of their way to be nice to you, which I think is a plus. They should have WiFi and bottle water in the room for free at this price. (The Hiton Garden Inn even has that.) Overall, I would stay there again and bring a case of water for your family. (FL is Hot). More Pedi Cabs to the Park entrance would be a nice touch.

Room Tip: A joining Rooms would be a good touch. The price is going to be higher. Sound is very good in the ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Aloha Gary S!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. The condition of your bathroom is extremely disappointing and this issue will be addressed immediately with our management teams. Thank you for the many insightful suggestions on how the guest experience can be further enhanced, as relevant feedback is essential in continuing our positive guest services. It is thrilling to see what a great experience your family had using our on-site theme park benefits, and we hope to welcome you back to the resort very soon!

Mahalo!
Larry Beiderman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had the honor to take my wife to Harry Potter World in the Universal Studios park. She is a massive fan and so am I, so we were both very excited about the experience.

After a normal flight from Las Vegas to Orlando we were trilled about reaching our hotel choice of Loews Royal Pacific and checking in to start our adventure. A driver had been included within our package of hotel stay and park visits. Note: I normally never get package deals for any of my trips but I decided due to the extreme ease and savings I would allow Universal and Loews a chance. This choice turned out to be a good one.

The driver was on time at the air port and gave us a pleasant ride to the hotel. We then proceeded to check in. It seemed a convention was in town, which surprised me, as we had chosen to stay during the 28th of October and leave the 1st of November. We were told our room choice was not available at this time (it was early in the morning about 9:00 am). We choose to check our bags which was easy and simple.

Fast forward to 2:00pm we were notified our room was ready. Note: I had called and talked with many representatives of the Loews and requested a room with any view of any water as it was my wives and I wedding Anniversary ( Married on Halloween ). I know this is only a request so I just hoped of the possibility of having a wonderful room for my wives and I Anniversary. I checked in to our room and was given the key. My wife and I were very exited.

A brief moment of bad!

We checked into our room and as we walked in found that we had a wonderful view of white dirty windows. It appeared that a window crew had spilled some sort of white substance that you could not see through. I attempted to clean the window but quickly found that the white substance was on the outside. I quickly called the front desk and was told an engineer would come up to see the challenge. Within 30 minutes an engineer did arrive and agreed with me that the substance was on the outside of the window and he had no solution but would tell the front desk.

Fast forward to 6:00 about. I called the front desk and they seemed to not know there was a problem still. I quickly walked down the front desk and was met by Peter. Peter was a very kind and nice young man who was manning the front desk. I explained our challenge and frustration that as it was our anniversary trip we were hoping for any view but I understood that may not be possible. I then stated that if it was not possible I would at least like a room that had windows we could see out of. Peter then calmly proceeded to find a solution by excusing himself and talking to someone behind the desk.

THE GOOD!

Peter then returned and had found a solution to the challenge. He had moved us from one room with no view due to a substance on the windows, to another room with viewable windows and a view of bamboo. Although this was still not a view, we were very happy to have a window that functioned. Peter also had upgraded us from our standard room to a much larger room which was beautiful! So I found this solution very generous and acceptable. Peter and who every enabled him to assist us were rock stars.

The entire stay at Loews was amazing. To anyone that wishes to use this hotel as their destination stay when attending the Universal Studios parks, I would say go for it. There is a boat that acts like a shuttle bus that quickly takes you from the hotel to the Universal Studios. This boat ride is a perfect way to start or end each days adventure and really makes you feel special.

The Universal City Walk is within walking or boats ride distance and makes your hotel stay again very pleasurable. With restaurants, bars and night life you will never be bored.

So I say thank you to Loews and Universal for a wonderful trip that had 1 bump that was quickly remedied.

Room Tip: TIP: To anyone that wishes to use this hotel as their destination stay when attending the Universa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family had stayed at the RPR two years ago. We knew what to expect. We booked this hotel for 3 nights for the sole purpose of going to Universal Orlando. We had 3 day park hopper tickets.
We arrived early(9:30) am on Wednesday March 20th and checked out on Saturday March 23rd. When we arrived, I was not expecting a room to be ready, but if I was willing to take a 3rd floor room in Tower 2, we could be accommodated. Because we were tired, and needed a change of clothes before heading out to the parks we agreed. The room was clean and ready. It overlooked the pet park. It didn't have a spectacular view, but it was quiet. We spent very little time in our room anyways, and it worked out fine. As a bonus, it was really convenient to the lobby, and to the walking path to Islands of Adventure (we walked it often rather than taking the water taxi). It wasn't that convenient to the pool, although we only used the pool once.
We did not eat in any of the hotel restaurants, so I cannot comment. Desk service was fine, and we used express checkout. We self parked our car. We had very little contact with any of the staff from the hotel. The valet parking and door staff always greeted us pleasantly.
I found the hotel nice, but in reality it is expensive for the accommodations. The only reason we stay on site is for the benefits of the Express pass and early entry into Harry Potter. It was convenient to walk to either park.
I agree with other posters that self parking and in room wifi should be included in the price of a room.
We did take the Water Taxi over to Portofino Bay for future stays, but our family preferred the lush surroundings and location of the Royal Pacific Resort.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

So this is the place to compete with Disney ? Really ? Over our 14 night stay 4 times in the first week my wife had to waste time at guest services in the evening because our room had not been cleaned.We then asked for the room to be cleaned before 12 each day (guest services suggestion) this was followed by a snippy rude message being left on our rooms answerphone from housekeeping-I'm sorry we were in the room for 30 minutes between 8-30 and 5pm but is it not your job to clean the room in that time every day ? Do Loews not realise one of the reasons people overpay to stay at a Disney/Universal hotel is to be nearby to go rest/freshen up/use the pool during the day and this may involve coming and going from your room ?Over the next 7 days the room was not once cleaned before 3pm .I think this was the cleaning ladys way of getting back at us as she then began ignoring us and did not leave us any bottles of soap or coffee so we had to go to guest services to get more every day-very professional.We asked guest services to ring Aquatica for us as a storm was due and we had pre-booked a cabana and wished to ask to change days-the lady behind the desk looked at us blankly and handed us a shuttle bus timetable.The same kind of problem happened everytime we tried to get them to help us with something.The pool had extended hours once spring break kicked in closing at 11 not 9 but mysteriously once this happened it was no longer open at the 8am stated opening and began opening at 10am instead.As for Mrs.WELCOME TO THE POOL EVERYONE someone take her microphone away and get her helping the understaffed housekeeping -all in all a change in how this place is run and how the staff treat the guests is in order

Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is our second time staying at the Royal Pacific. I was there with my two teenagers, ages 13 and 15. It is very expensive but worth it if you are planning to visit the onsite Universal amusement parks. Part of the deal is that you get a fast pass for every member in your room. This can save you a lot of time that would otherwise be wasted standing in long lines. I lived in Hawaii for many years and I love the island feel at this resort. On Friday and Saturday nights they have a torch lighting ceremony. I loved it and found it very entertaining. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. I really don't have any complaints other than the price.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay on this resort, the least expensive if the on site hotels at Universal, for a 4 day spring break trip to Universal Studios in Orlando. The hotel is lovely, convenient, and family friendly. What worked best for us and made the additional cost of staying on site worth it were 1) early access to Islands of Adventure to see the Harry Potter rise ( which is AMAZING), 2)!the included express pass which saved us hours on long lines and 3) the ease with which we could go back and forth between the parks, City Walk, and our hotel for mid day breaks from the craziness of the parks at the peek afternoon times.

• Stayed March 2013
Westtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This year we decided to step out of our usual historical tour spring break and make our way to Universal Orlando. The only history we were interested in was anything Harry Potter and my die hard Harry Potter fans of a family were ready for their quest. Stay at an on site hotel! This is excellent advice. It allows you early entry into the parks and gives you a express pass for all the rides (except for the Harry Potter Castle) Although who would want to rush their way through the castle anyway. There are surprises around every corner while you are waiting to get up to the ride. Which is 3D and whips you in a fury, so beware motion sickness people.
We chose the Loews Royal Pacific hotel and if you can swing it up grade to the concierge level. this level gives you a very nice continental breakfast every morning, soda, COFFEE ALL DAY :) tea & juices throughout the day, snack mid afternoon, lite horsdovres at around 4:30 and desserts at 8pm. The room is open till around 10pm, there are some big screen TVs with movies playing a kiddie sitting area, bathroom and a very friendly staff. Also a good place if you to hang if you have a late flight.
Walking into the entrance of the Loews Royal Pacific it definitely gives you the South Pacific feel of being far away. Decorated in a Hawaiian theme you are instantly welcomed with a Aloha and Mahalo :) smiley faces from every staff member I encountered. The staff was so friendly and accommodating even my 16 year old made comments of how nice everyone was. Which made me very happy to see him very happy. After all we are on vacation and everyone should be happy! The pool area is very nice, attentive staff, activities for kids if you decide to just lay out and vegetate. We did pool hop to the Hard Rock, and still Royal Pacific pool is way nicer. No need for a car because you can walk everywhere within 5 minutes or jump on the boat shuttle that will take you to Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios and City Walk.
I would also recommend that you try and book your trip through the Universal website.

Room Tip: Tower 3, 7th floor concierge. Suites looked really great for those who have more than 5 travelers...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando? Share your experiences!