This is a nice property, whose main raison d'etre is the early access to Islands of Adventure (not Studios) and its Unlimited Express Pass (for both parks) which are factored into the higher-than-normal rate. So, if for some reason you are considering staying at this property and don't plan to go to the parks, you would be wise to ask yourself why you would be doing this and paying for things you clearly won't need. It would be a bit like going on a cruise when on a diet and abstaining from alcohol.
Rooms are fine, all the same size and pleasant enough. Restaurants on property are "resort expensive." There are a lot of rooms in the seven floors and several wings of the hotel. Expect to do a lot of walking.
The walk to Islands of Adventure entrance/City Walk is 10 minutes or so, along the waterway which is serviced by the shuttle boats every 15 r 20 minutes, I think.. Unless you want to wait for the boat, the walk is a better option, imho. The path from the hotel leaves from the front of the hotel. The boat dock is at the back, past the pool. Termination point for the boat is in the middle of City Walk, and City Walk is between the two parks.
If you like a lot of water pressure in the shower, this is not the hotel for you.
Front desk staff were pleasant, but either had no authority or were not often asked to exercise it. I had some small nits to discuss with them, and was surprised by their lack of information and so-so problem-solving skills. Perhaps my sample was not sufficient, but I was not impressed.
It is a pleasant property which serves its purpose well. I have stayed at the Portofino, too, which is more expensive and also quite big -- I think the walking at Portofino can really be a downer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the allure of the South Seas at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando® Feel the excitement of a time when adventurous travelers first island-hopped the South Pacific, relaxing along their journey at magnificent resorts where they could just kick back and enjoy the beauty of the islands. You can dine on exceptional cuisine; delight in the impeccable service; and soak in the breathtaking splendor of lush tropical surroundings at a white sandy beach of the lagoon-style swimming pool; all while enjoying the latest in modern conveniences. Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including:* Early Park Admission† to Islands of Adventure, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day^ (valid theme park admission required)* Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time * And more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort At Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Loews Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Resort Orlando
- Universal Royal Pacific Hotel
- Royal Pacific Hotel Orlando
- Universals Royal Pacific Resort