“Don't Believe a Single Bad Review - Best Vacation Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   6300 Hollywood Way, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #97 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Don't Believe a Single Bad Review - Best Vacation Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

After being at a Downtown Disney hotel - which was a bit lacking - we transferred to the Royal Pacific for our Universal portion of our vacation. It was AMAZING! Everyone from the car vallet to the bellman and the front desk staff were fabulous! Our room had a view of the park and was awesome! The Air conditioner was quite and made the room wonderfully cool! We all loved the pool - the poolside food and drink service - my kids loved all areas of the pool especially the splash area.

We had dinner at the resort on my son's birthday and Mario our waiter was really great! Angela the front desk manager was wonderful to work with! My daughter loved the WOK option and the thai crab soup is really great!

As amazing as this place is - the best part is how close you are to Universal. To walk down to the water taxi and be at Universal within minutes was really awesome after waiting for busses and walking for blocks to get to the ticket gate at Disney! I can not say enough good things about the Universal Express Pass. It makes a huge difference in your day when you don't have to wait in lines in the heat. My kids were riding the rides and experiencing the park while other kids were standing in line. Also - don't forget to do the Universal Meal Plan - it is a truly great value.

They even have a guest laundry so you can wash your clothes. One evening we all went down to the pool and I did a couple of loads of laundry and was able to return home with a suitcase full of clean clothes rather than mountains of dirty clothes!

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at - and I am a Travel Agent and have stayed at quite a few hotels! Your hotel really makes a difference in your vacation experience - this will help your family have an amazing vacation. Best Hotel Ever!!! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Aloha and thank you for your great comments about our resort (and happy birthday to your son)! We are delighted that you chose to celebrate this special occasion with us and that your family had an incredible visit with us. From our entire team here at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, we look forward to welcoming you back to the islands in the future. Mahalo!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our two daughters (ages 3 and 8) in late September. We ended up getting the Florida rate which was much cheaper than the regular rate. This is a really, really great hotel, but it does come with a very high price, luckily, like I said my mother resides in Florida and came with us so we could get the Florida resident rate which made it much cheaper. If we hadn't been able to get that, not sure if we would have stayed here. The pool is very nice! The so-called childrens water play area is useless. The exercise room looked like one of the best I have ever seen at a hotel. There was even a children's playroom if you need to use a babysitter throughout your stay! The service is impeccable here! The rooms were very clean. We stayed in Tower 2 which I think is the furthest walk from the pool and water taxi, but it wasn't a problem at all. The water taxis take you right to citywalk, where you can get to Universal studios or Islands of Adventure, maybe a 5 minute boat ride. If you don't want to wait for the water taxi, you can walk along the path, which is a very nice 10 minute or so walk. The main reason for staying on site is for the early access to Islands of Adventure (you get to go to the park one hour before it opens). But this is not for Universal studios, as I learned after I already got there one hour early! You also get to use the EZ pass to almost all the rides, which is AWESOME! I can tell you we did not wait at all for any rides (this may also be because of the time of the year we went), but it was great! The infamous Harry Potter ride doesn't use this, but you can do that with the one hour early access, which we did and rode the ride three times in a row within 1/2 an hour!!

only giving 4 stars because of the regular price of the rooms!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This resort is AMAZING! Not only are the prices great (it's the cheapest of the three on-site resorts at Universal Orlando), but it's beautiful! The landscaping is just gorgeous and you really feel as if you are staying on some tropical island. There are even beaches on the resort (though the beach is part of the lake throughout the Universal property so you can't actually go swimming) and you're walking distance from the two theme parks and City Walk. There is also a boat that runs every 15 minutes that will take you to City Walk if you don't feel like taking the walk (which is nice as well, the Universal property has amazing landscaping). I would definately recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Lowes Royal Pacific "Resort", the location is great! The food at the hotel is a "must-stay-away". When we first arrived, we were greeted with the expected "Aloha", and the bellman was very informative and friendly, after that, it was all downhill. I attended a conference there, their food was tasteless, the bathrooms were not working the entire time we were there. I mean hundreds of people and no bathrooms, not a pretty sight. The bathroom in our hotel room was also not working, they came in to fix it, but that didn't improve things much. We took several trips on the water taxi, staff running the taxi were far from friendly. They would not say two words to you, they all seemed like they hated their jobs. If you are looking for good Italian food, go to Hotel Portofino, Bice - great Italian restaurant. Tiramisu is to die for, just like they said. CityWalk, not a whole lot happening on a weekday. We were not there on a weekend, so maybe things get better. We went to Margaritaville both nights, the band was great, the margarita was too. We left to Miami after visiting Orlando, much much better there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with somewhat of a view. We were told we were going to get a "water" view...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
LRPR, General Manager at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
At Loews Hotels, we understand that our unique location may be what gets you here, but it is the experience and service that defines a great vacation and keeps you returning. With that said, I regret that your visit did not meet the high standards of service that we strive for in every guest interaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for your challenges. We'd like to speak with you personally regarding this matter, and hope that you'll consider contacting a member of our management team at royalpacificcustomerservice@loewshotels.com. Thank you again for your candid feedback.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have been to America around 15 times and have stayed in lots off hotels so my judgement of a nice hotel should be pretty good.

After arriving at the hotel my first impressions were very nice which they should be for $190 a night including tax. Got to the room, looks nice(1 king bed) but very small and the build quality is shocking eg door handles on double doors not level. Now I,m not being funning I'm 5ft 9 and weigh 12st and the bath was just big enough for me!

Also went to use my laptop in room and discovered its $10 a day- Stayed at 4 other hotesl in Florida during 3 week holiday and all had free wifi in room.

Also the mini bar is a complete RIP off. $7 for a bottle of water! If you want it to be emptied so you can put your own stuff in there is a $34 service charge. Come on for someone to empty a fridge!

The next day I went into the gym and was shocked to find out its a $10 a day charge. Again loews are screwing you from every angle. And remember its $190 a night. I wonder why when I walked by the gym it was never busy

Don't get me wrong it is good for universal parks and using the quick passes.(they don't work at Harry Potter and RIP rocket). The water taxi is a nice feature but sometimes you are quicker walking. The service was good tho and I can't fault it.

The parking is also $15 a day which is the same at universal parks.

Another thing to point out is the pool area which is nice are the ducks which sometimes go into the pool and move around. Thought this was nice to see them going aroound the area but they were ecrementing in the pool and the lifeguards took no notice. Not good when kids are mainly in the pool.

One other thing we found is that the air conditioning system in the room is an energy saving unit designed to save Loews money and does not work when your out the room, so after a day at the parks you come back to a stuffy room. This also makes this very bad at night as the system works on motion sensors and when your in bed the system does not cut in. One night we woke up at 4am and the temp was 76f as the system had seen no motion in the room. The next day a I mentioned this to the reception and they said you they can turn it on all the time at your request(No one told us at check in!). My partner is asmatic and felt very uncomfortable due to this.

Overall would say this is a nice looking hotel with average rooms(ok the bed was comfy), but is designed to empty your wallet when your there. Wifi, gym and parking should be free in this day and age for this amount per night. Also I would point out the decor in the corridors is staring to show signs off age as we often seen painters working on them.

I would keep your money and stay at a reputable hotel near universal.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family stayed here two nights to get the early opening for Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The room was very comfortable, and the pool area is very nice. The staff were all quite helpful. It is very convenient to take the boat transportation to the theme parks. One night it rained, and the boats don't run then. The bus was a long wait, so we took the pedestrian walkway. There were bicycle rickshaws along this stretch if you didn't want to do the walk. I believe this resort is the closest to the parks of the three Loews resorts on property. All in all, very convenient. Since no meal service was included (no free breakfast), I felt that it really added up to being a pricey stay. Charge for internet in the room, but you can pick it up for free in lobby.

Room Tip: Tower 3 is most convenient for the pool and boat transportation.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed overnight at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Studios in Orlando for my husband's birthday. It was a very nice, clean hotel. Everyone was Super Sweet that worked there. I hightly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was very comfortable. There was a king sized bed and also a sofa with a table and chairs.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando? Share your experiences!