“Cheap nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Music Resort

You added Disney's All-Star Music Resort to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1801 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Ranked #133 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
“Cheap nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Disney All star Music Resort is cheap hotel. You can enjoy Disney music and musical.

Stayed February 2007, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
MASS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

WDW is an amazing place, very clean, very organized, even though it was around the 4th july, which is a very busy time, still the wait at the parks was very reasonable, we only regret spending only 5 nights and 4 full days. we should have spend at least 6 days 7 nights. we hope to do it again ..

Edgewood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

They gave us a suite with 2 bathrooms and a kitchen; I guess because it was my son's B-day vacation and it was his 1st trip to Disney World. Though they gave us a room in the back by the parking lot; it was a very nice and fun resort. I wasn't very happy with the maintenance because they didn't fix a broken towel rack (no huge deal) and we had to sleep with the lights on for the first few nights because we found 3 palmetto bugs (1 in the bathroom, 2 in the entry). I asked them to spray and the next night I found 2 dead ones in the bedroom. After that 0! A little tip: the front desk said they like the dark and don't like lights so leave some lights on! Except for that; all in we really enjoyed our room and ultimately our stay!

Cardross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I've stayed at all 3 hotels over the years, Sports, Music & Movies. I love this place. Its the cheapest of all the Disney hotels however i would not say that is evident.

Rooms are basic either 2 double beds or 1 large King size ( i think). The Music them hotel also does a lot more larger size family rooms. You can also rent a refridgerator for your room, but that usualy costs around $10 a day and can be a little noisy when your trying to sleep.

Main pool areas can be quite busy during the day time, but I'd recommend trying out the smaller pools usually at the back of hotels, for example Piano pool at the Music or Ice Rink Mighty Ducks pool at the movies.

For transportation, I don't think I ever waited longer than 10minutes for a disney bus, and the mears transportation to Seaworld/ Universal etc is scheduled pick ups. My advice only on this, if your in a group of 5 or more get a mini bus cab, your likely to spend less compared to Mears shuttle bus costs. The only down side to Mears being that they usually pick up at the all stars first and peak season could spend 1.5hours on a coach going to Universal stopping at other hotels, where a cab takes 20mins, max.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but can honestly say I had no problems with this hotel. The rooms were we not huge but adequate for a family of four, we were placed in the furthest away block but given the amount of walking we did at the parks the stroll to the main building was a breeze. There was also parking at the rear of the buildings which meant we only had a short distance to the car. The last few rows of the parking near building 5 were blocked off (for staff I imagine) but we are only talking about being one row away so not a big issue and there always seemed to be plenty of spaces available.

The staff were great with our young children and we got the magic 'Disney' feeling you really want. There were a few large groups of children but at no point during our stay were we bothered by them and the frogs at night made more noise. The bus transportation to the parks was great. The only downside was the canteen area, we ate out a lot, the foodcourt had a decent selection but used paper plates/plastic cutlery not really what you would like for dinner.

There are bigger and better hotels in disney but for us the extra cost was not worth it when your not in your room most of the time.

glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

we stayed here in july 2010 and paid a lot of money, we were put in the furthest away building they could find and had the cheek to close the carpark at our block and make us park in block 2 when we stayed in block 5, this was not a great problem but when arriving back at night there was hardly a space left to park at all anywere, we were asked to move car parks to allow bus loads of brazilian teenagers access to there rooms, this being another problem if you want to stay in a hotel with teenagers running up and down the corridors all night and taking over the pools/resturante during the day with groups of 40 50 at a time........would consider going back but would do my homework a lot more before going to a disney hotel very expensive!!!!!!

phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

We arrived late one night and I wanted to stay at one of the least expensive place to save money. We arrived and they gave my daughter a balloon flower which she liked. I requested a room near the food court and store since my daughter is in a wheel chair and it would be easier for us but we did not get it. They did move us to building 3 instead of 7 but it was still a long walk and it was raining on and off.

The rooms were so so, nothing really terrible about them but they put us near a wooded area and it was dark, the noise was loud from the rooms next door (thin walls) and it just felt very depressing. I was not happy with the location for a mother and daughter on their own, the walkways were very dimly lit, I didn't see any security outside at all. The colors of the buildings made it feel very cheap to me.

There was alot of walking and it was raining on and off so this is not a good location as far as I am concerned.

The only means of getting around is the bus, no boats or monorail from this location.

The food was so so just a food court no restaurant at this location.

There were some large groups at this location and a lot of teenagers wandering around late at night.

If you want to stay at one of the least expensive locations and don't care about atmosphere or a restaurant and don't mind walking this will probably be ok for you.

The pool was large and looked ok.

We changed hotels to the Fort Wilderness Lodge, I forgot a night shirt at this location and when I called the next morning to see if they would send it over it was never found, strange because this is the only place it could be.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!