“Great place to stay on a budget” 4 of 5 stars

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1801 West Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #131 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Amory
“Great place to stay on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me say first that anywhere you stay on Disney grounds will be good.Free shuttle service. Food court -good. Great pools. I was really pleased with our room-clean, great maid service, fridge in room(all Disney rooms come with a fridge now) . The room was well kept and wasn't run down looking. The negatives about our room-we were in the back part of the grounds ,so it required ALOT of walking to the main desk and to the shuttle buses. At check out time,I asked for a cart for our luggage. I was told I would have to walk all the way up to the front desk,leave my driver's licence,walk all the way back to our room with the cart. The problem with that was that our parking lot was also at the back of the grounds . So I would have had to go around the world to get the cart and take it back. I decided to just make 3 trips to my car with all our stuff. As I finally made it back the last time, someone from the front desk was there loading my next door neighbors stuff up on a cart to take it to her car! I asked her how she managed to get that service,she said you had to specifically ask them. I really feel Disney should do this for any guest staying in the back rooms, not just for the ones who know to ask.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited this resort in August 2012 it was an amazing resort, staff were friendly, grub was good, the rooms were spotless and got cleaned every day, buses were right outside the hotel which ran to parks every 10 mins, swimming pools were cool. Would definitely go back AMAZING holiday!!

Stayed August 2012
Manahawkin, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I know this is a value resort, I get that, but the bathroom and room was bigger at the Holiday Inn Express that we stayed at on our drive back to NJ. We had a standard room and I don't know if the bathrooms are bigger in other rooms but ours was so small that you had to step to the side in order to close the door...and I am very skinny....it almost hit the toilet! The towels were very thin, the room had an odor and I think it just needs to be updated. The wi-fi connection was VERY slow. It took my husband forever to do his online schoolwork. We didn't hear anything in our room except for the toilets flushing but they are high power so I guess you can't really clog them. The pools were nice, the food at the food court was very good. I enjoyed the chocolate chip pancakes every morning. Many options. The prices weren't too bad either. It's nice that they show a movie every night by the pool. We were in one of the Jazz buildings overlooking trees and plants which was nice and peaceful. The staff was very nice and helpful. There were busloads of teenagers coming in on field trips probably because it is so affordable. It wasn't that bad but I've stayed at nicer chain hotels before. Next time I will definitely go to a moderate resort though.

Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean, the housekeepers were fantastic, the restaurant was identical to other resort quick service dining, but it felt like a motel 6. I've just become spoiled I guess. We had to get two rooms this time, so we went a little cheaper but I wished I wouldn't have. The other really big negative is when you stay at the cheapest property Disney has, you get all the annoying school groups with sponsors only..droves and droves of them! That had a really bad affect on my stay. Hyper, rude, and annoying teenagers everywhere, stomping on your feet, cutting in lines, etc. So, my advice is to go to a moderate resort if you can swing it! It will be full of respectable families.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was our first trip to Disney, and we had a BLAST! The hotel was good...it was on-site, so we didn't have to worry about getting to and from the parks. The pool was great and heated, which was kinda important- towards the end of the week it got a bit cold.
Yes, the toilets were LOUD, but after a couple of nights, we really didn't notice it as much. You could kinda hear the people in the other rooms when you were in the bathroom, but you don't sleep in the bathroom:)
We had a little issue with towels, but once I let the front desk know about it, it was fixed.
For the price & location this hotel is just fine. I mean, how much time are you really planning to be in your hotel room? If you answered A LOT... then I would recommend paying a bit more for one of the other resorts. If you answered "to sleep" this hotel is just fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Guilford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've stayed her twice- both times in a family suite as a family of 3. One time I was in Jazz- which was peaceful and overlooking a nice courtyard. When staying in Calypso, I was towards the back of the hotel, which I liked for the quiet. I felt that my ground floor room in Calypso was much brighter than my 2nd floor room in Jazz. The hotel is clean, service is friendly and efficient and the food court has a good selection. The major drawback to this hotel is the long bus ride to other Disney properties. If you only has a short time to visit- I would either spend the money to stay closer or stay off of property such as Buena Vista Suites. If you have more than 4 days- then the extra time on the bus doesn't become such an issue. I've stayed at deluxe, moderate, and value suites and think they all are decent for the prices charged.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
sugar land, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at All Star Music one of the Disney Value resorts for Spring Break week 2013. We received the warmest welcome ever when our Magical Express bus arrived. The girl at their front desk was super friendly and helpful as well. I was half asleep and still made to feel welcome!! I have stayed at All Star Movies and Pop Century. I have also stayed at a moderate hotel,Port Orleans Riverside. We chose Riverside one year because we had an extra person in the room. I actually really enjoy the value resorts. Maybe because I have a child with me, I think the decor is just more Disney. The grounds are always well kept and pretty. Always fun themes. After being at Pop Century, it seemed like the food court was smaller at All Star Music? Maybe just my impression. The food was fine though. I have learned that they give you plenty, so I ordered child's plates for my 11 year old and sometimes for myself. The bus service from All Star Music was excellent. We were closest to Animal Kingdom, so for our last morning when time was limited that was where we went. It worked out great. I never tire of Disney's fine customer service and I have been many times. I accidently left my rooms cards in the room on this visit and they produced new ones for me very quickly. Don't forget you can have purchases sent to your resort, which comes in really handy if you don't want to keep track of bags while visiting the parks! I hesitated about booking All Star Music, but turns out it is just as nice as the other value resorts. You cannot beat being picked up at the airport by Magical Express and taken to your resort, then hopping on the Disney buses to get to the parks. It makes it all stress free!!!!!!!!! Plus saves the price of car rental and the stress of getting to the park. Enjoy!!!!!!! Another quick Disney tip..we were there at the height of spring break...if you plan well, you do not need to stand in a long line. Use fastpass or go to get your autographs later in the evening. There is truly no need to sweat the long lines.

Room Tip: You might want to request preferred room location. These rooms are near the bus area and the food co...