“Really great for the price...really great for a hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1801 West Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #129 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really great for the price...really great for a hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was our first trip to Disney, and we had a BLAST! The hotel was good...it was on-site, so we didn't have to worry about getting to and from the parks. The pool was great and heated, which was kinda important- towards the end of the week it got a bit cold.
Yes, the toilets were LOUD, but after a couple of nights, we really didn't notice it as much. You could kinda hear the people in the other rooms when you were in the bathroom, but you don't sleep in the bathroom:)
We had a little issue with towels, but once I let the front desk know about it, it was fixed.
For the price & location this hotel is just fine. I mean, how much time are you really planning to be in your hotel room? If you answered A LOT... then I would recommend paying a bit more for one of the other resorts. If you answered "to sleep" this hotel is just fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Guilford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've stayed her twice- both times in a family suite as a family of 3. One time I was in Jazz- which was peaceful and overlooking a nice courtyard. When staying in Calypso, I was towards the back of the hotel, which I liked for the quiet. I felt that my ground floor room in Calypso was much brighter than my 2nd floor room in Jazz. The hotel is clean, service is friendly and efficient and the food court has a good selection. The major drawback to this hotel is the long bus ride to other Disney properties. If you only has a short time to visit- I would either spend the money to stay closer or stay off of property such as Buena Vista Suites. If you have more than 4 days- then the extra time on the bus doesn't become such an issue. I've stayed at deluxe, moderate, and value suites and think they all are decent for the prices charged.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
sugar land, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at All Star Music one of the Disney Value resorts for Spring Break week 2013. We received the warmest welcome ever when our Magical Express bus arrived. The girl at their front desk was super friendly and helpful as well. I was half asleep and still made to feel welcome!! I have stayed at All Star Movies and Pop Century. I have also stayed at a moderate hotel,Port Orleans Riverside. We chose Riverside one year because we had an extra person in the room. I actually really enjoy the value resorts. Maybe because I have a child with me, I think the decor is just more Disney. The grounds are always well kept and pretty. Always fun themes. After being at Pop Century, it seemed like the food court was smaller at All Star Music? Maybe just my impression. The food was fine though. I have learned that they give you plenty, so I ordered child's plates for my 11 year old and sometimes for myself. The bus service from All Star Music was excellent. We were closest to Animal Kingdom, so for our last morning when time was limited that was where we went. It worked out great. I never tire of Disney's fine customer service and I have been many times. I accidently left my rooms cards in the room on this visit and they produced new ones for me very quickly. Don't forget you can have purchases sent to your resort, which comes in really handy if you don't want to keep track of bags while visiting the parks! I hesitated about booking All Star Music, but turns out it is just as nice as the other value resorts. You cannot beat being picked up at the airport by Magical Express and taken to your resort, then hopping on the Disney buses to get to the parks. It makes it all stress free!!!!!!!!! Plus saves the price of car rental and the stress of getting to the park. Enjoy!!!!!!! Another quick Disney tip..we were there at the height of spring break...if you plan well, you do not need to stand in a long line. Use fastpass or go to get your autographs later in the evening. There is truly no need to sweat the long lines.

Room Tip: You might want to request preferred room location. These rooms are near the bus area and the food co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The All-Star Music Resort is one of the least expensive Disney Hotels, and is great value for money. The rooms are comfortable, with facilities which include bath/shower, large flat screen TV, fridge, wall safe, free wi-fi, iron and ironing board, etc.

The resort has two large themed pools, which were never very busy when we were there during the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January. There are children’s activities every day by the main pool, and showings of Disney movies on a large screen at night.

The large food court in the main “Melody Hall” building offers a wide range of fast, tasty and affordable meal options, and we ate there many times (more often than we usually eat in the restaurants of the higher end Disney hotels when we stay there). The refillable souvenir drinks cups are great value too if you’re staying for more than a few days – buy one at the start of the holiday and then fill it from the food court drinks fountain as often as you like for the whole stay.

As others have mentioned it is a BIG resort, but then so are most of the others on Disney property. If you’re not keen on walking try to get in the Calypso which is nearest the main hall. Next nearest is Jazz Inn, followed by the Rock Inn and Broadway Hotel. The furthest away is Country Fair, but this is also the quietest – so if you’re a light sleeper (or need to go to bed early because you’re getting up at 3am next morning ready for a Disney Marathon) and don’t mind a 5 minute walk to the main hall, this is ideal.

The two other All-Star Resorts (Movies and Sports) are just a short walk away – in fact if you’re staying in Country Fair, then all three main halls and food courts are about the same distance away.

Initially, we were a little concerned about the free Disney Magical Express service from the Airport because our holiday information had told us that our luggage would be taken to the resort separately and that we might not get it until several hours after checking in. After travelling for over 10 hours from our home in the UK we would have preferred our luggage with us so we could unpack, get changed and relax straight away. However as it turned out we had nothing to worry about – not only did our luggage come with us on the same coach, but the trip only took about 40 minutes, which was less time than we’d expected.

All in all we were very happy with the All-Star Music Resort and will almost certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights during Spring Break. I requested a quieter room and got the top floor in Country Fair. We had a car but also used Disney transport where it felt more convenient (Magic Kingdom buses take you right to the door). We're a couple in our late 20s and the size of the resort didn't bother us at all, we did a lot more walking in the parks!

The resort was very busy and there were a lot of large school groups. I'm a light sleeper and only had problems one night when a group walked past our window talking loudly at 11pm. I could occasionally hear toilets flushing but suspect this is because the flush is very loud rather than the walls being thin.

The room wasn't huge but there was enough space for 2 adults. The bathroom felt a lot smaller because the door was very close to the toilet when half open. The bed was comfortable but quite noisy - my boyfriend kept stuff on the floor since there was only one bedside table and the springs made a lot of noise when he leaned over. We took 2 pillows each and found that pretty much perfect. The room was clean and housekeeping kept us well stocked with facecloths, soap and shampoo (at one point I think I counted 10 facecloths!).

We probably won't return but only because we prefer a higher standard of accommodation and will go for a moderate or deluxe next time. The rooms are nice enough to sit around eating or watching tv. The staff we encountered were all very helpful and friendly. We're definitely converted to staying on site after this trip! The All Star resorts are perfect for anyone who wants to stay on site at a lower price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

If your just looking for a place to sleep this is fine. A no thrills room. It was clean, pool looked nice but we did not have time to use it. Breakfast was a mad house, you need to wait in line at different stations to get what you want. Took me 25 min just to get thru line. To get coffee you need to buy a re-usable mug $18. I only used it twice as we were only there 1 day. Would of been nice if they had a sit down restaurant. This is a place were schools and sports teams stay so it was very crowded. Bus service to Disney Parks was a great plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My stay was decent, the kids enjoyed it but most likely would choose different resort next time. The rooms are small for a family of 4 to move around in but we worked it out. The pool was nice, until I realized that lifeguards do not guard your children. My 7 year old and 11 year old wanted to swim but I was tired so I offered to take them down and sit while they swam. They jumped in and I started connecting my ipad to wi-fi when I looked up and saw my sons arms flailing in the air and trying to scream. I looked around and yelled for someone to help my kid.....then the mom in me ran and jumped in, clothes and all, and scooped up my 7 year and took him to the side. The lifeguard comes over with a smile on his face and asks if everything is ok....in which I tell him it is now when I am in the pool looking like a drowned rat! I took them swimming after this and always went in with them and always had them in my site! Trust was lost. The rest of the stay was fair and never had to worry about getting lost because of the bus transportation provided. The staff for the most part, pool not included, was very helpful. Choose wisely.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!