We are a family of 5 with our kids all under the age of 10. Our youngest still falls under the 3 year old cut off for hotels/tickets however the options for families greater than 4 are limited on Disney property. We selected the All Star Music resort mainly for value as we wanted the in-park experience but didn't want to pay high prices. We were very surprised by our experience. We got to the hotel early (9:00am) and were extremely surprised to find that our room was ready for us! We were given keys and the all-important parking pass. We are Florida residents and with the stroler we find it easier to take our car versus the bus system with the exception of the Magic Kingdom. The parking pass alone equated to $42.00 in savings for the three days we hit the parks.
Our room was extremely clean and had two double beds and a pack and play for our youngest to sleep in. The room also had a refrigerator which was a nice to have. My one recommendation here, or with any Disney property is to pay for a preferred room. Unless you are in a deluxe hotel paying for a view in my opinion is not worth the cost as all value and moderate resorts have outdoor corridors and to leave your curtains open means that people can look in to your room while you are looking out. The preferred room does get you closer to the main building for drinks/food etc, and usually the pool area as well. We were in the Calypso building which is closest to the lobby.
The beds were extremely comfortable as were the pillows. The room was by no means large, but was open enough to have the pack and play open the entire time and not be in the way. There is a small table and two chairs as well.
We requested additional pillows from Housekeeping which they were happy to bring us and we came back to different towel-animals each day including a bunny rabbit toothbrush holder on the sink and one in our window. On the bed was mousears made out of three towels. This is a nice touch that the kids absolutely love.
The grounds are beautiful and the pools were spotless. At night they have a movie outside in the pool area that you can watch from a lounge chair or the pool itself if you wish. There are also scheduled kids activities throughout the day.
I am sure you can stay close to disney for a little less than the $120 a night we paid for this hotel, but adding in the extra hours you can visit the park because you are staying on property as well as the no-charge parking or transportation and not losing the Disney feeling... I truly believe this is the best value for a Disney vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort is a Disney Value Resort hotel featuring giant icons that pay homage to classic music genres—including Broadway show tunes, calypso, country, jazz and rock n' roll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's All-Star Music Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Star Music Hotel
- Disney Music Resort Star
- Disney Music Star
- Disney All Star Music Hotel
- Disney All Star Music Resort
- Disneys All Star Music Resort
- All Star Music Resort Orlando Fl