“Not disappointed-Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's All-Star Music Resort

You added Disney's All-Star Music Resort to your Saves list
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1801 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #130 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not disappointed-Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Do you want to do Disney on a budget? Feel comfortable staying at the All-Star Music resort. It is a value resort...a discount budget friendly property. I was very leery about staying here because we have high standards and there are not very good reviews. But I can tell you that All-Star Music was a fine place to stay. If you visit Disney like we do, the room is a place to sleep and that is it. We didn't need a huge room or luxury accommodations....just a comfortable bed and a shower. The rooms are small but comfortable and clean.

Minor glitches on check-in....they put us in building 9 (Jazz Inn). When we got to the room, our 8 year old son opened up the door only to discover that there was a sleeping couple in the room. Thank goodness they were only sleeping! We called the front desk from down the hall....one of the housekeepers was SUPER helpful, giving up her cleaning time to get us to a phone to call the desk. She was horrified to find out that we were checked into an occupied room. Oh well. Anyway, the front desk sent us to another room around the corner in the same building. Hauled all of our luggage to that room while my husband ran to get the new keys to the new room. While I stood there with our two kids and all of our luggage, we heard the guests in the room next door screaming at each other like WW3 just broke out. I called the desk from my cell to intercept my husband because we were NOT going to be in a room with crazy people next door....not the hotel's problem. We were just being picky. They got us another room but they didn't manage to get my husband so he came back with the keys to the room next to the crazy people. We went over to the next room in building 8, Broadway. We waited a half an hour for someone to bring the keys but then my husband decided to go get the new keys from the desk instead of continuing to wait. We were on the second floor of Broadway on the corner overlooking the parking lot. It was very quiet. Once we got settled in, the stay was great. We loved being in the back of the property because there wasn't a lot of foot traffic of noisy people. We drove in so we could park right by our room. I would think that if I were to use Disney busses to get to the parks by the end of the day I wouldn't want to walk all the way to the back of the resort to get to my room but if you drive, it was great!

Overall, we liked the property. It was fine. We would definitely stay there again if we needed to watch our budget...and really, who doesn't?

Room Tip: If you need to use Disney transportation, I would try to get in Calypso or Jazz Inn to be closer to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
huddersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked this via a travel agent as part of a multi stay stop, this was the latter part of our USA adventure so if we were privalaged at other hotels i dont know but the rooms were tiny, we had to store our stroller in the bathtub.
We were located in broadway #8 and upstairs even though we had a small child and a person with mobility problems, which were noted on the booking.
Although it was extremely quiet so that was a plus.
We really enjoyed our stay there and wished we had a longer trip as everywhere is so big, we didnt even get time to try out the pool.
I like the fact that you can get drinks out of the fountain with your cup but they need to be bigger as it was several trips a meal to the fountain as its gone in a few gulps.
We found the food gorgeous except the pizza wasnt as good as i had tried elsewhere.
Mickey waffels and Bacon. what can i say my husband asked the head chef for the reciepe!
I also loved the fact and so did my son that you get a grape bag with every child meal, and he loved grilled cheeses too.
There was nothing in the hotel for my son to do as he was only 3 so when we returned from the parks it was our evening meal and then back to the room.
The shop was very over priced $14+TAX for a pack of 14 nappies, and the bottles of pop were alot over priced compared to elsewhere we had been.
Staff were very helpful and at one point i think we had 6 balloons from the staff in our room, the staff were all very cheerful, all the time :D
We would definatly return.

Room Tip: if you drive (we dont) chose a room further away from reception as its alot quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
TORONTO, ONTARIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Two years ago, I went to Universal Studios for the holidays, but stayed off site. remembered after walking for a ridiculously long time just to meet Universal's gates, then a strong feeling of envy as I saw guests emerge from resorts on-site at Universal. I learned from that experience, which is why this time around, I chose to stay on site at a Disney resort in Orlando. I discovered that Disney's idea of on-site means "close to", but still outside.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Kim who was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. I did not realize that our resort was a group of low-rise buildings with motel style rooms. Exiting the main building (front desk, cafeteria, gift shop, and bus stops), the pool was in the middle of the courtyard. Symmetrical buildings lines the left and right sides of the pool. The first section belonged to the Calypso buildings, but we were located at the next set; the Jazz buildings (building 9; opposite building 2). A bit of a walk, but it only seemed bad after walking around the parks all day long. There. Were more buildings past ours, but I was just glad that we weren't that far in.

The room was decent; clean and comfy, but not much space. We literally opened the door and was one step away from the first of 2 double beds. We had just wanted something clean to sleep and bathe in, and we got just that.

The food at the food court was terrible and over priced. Although we expected the prices, I expected a better quality of food. It was as generic and mass produced as it gets. Everything tastes either bland or over salted as though no other spices existed. If you really need to eat there, I would suggest the pizza (and that's just because it's the best of the worst). You'd be better off with the fresh fruit and veggies as you know exactly what you'll be getting.

We took shuttle buses to the parks which took approximately 15-25 minutes depending on the destination. The buses arrived at the resort approximately every 20 minutes. At times, the buses were quite full, but we always managed to get on and get a seat. The All-Star buses usually stop at all 3 All-Star resorts first (Movies, Music, Sports) THEN head over to the assigned park.

During our stay, we had 2 different house keepers. Martha was first and she was amazing! We requested that the bed sheets not be tucked in, and she responded to our note with "just leave this note out for every day". We were very happy as the beds were tidied, but sheets left loose, just how we like it. However, the house keeper changed after the 2nd night. The second keeper kept nothing but the tip! The first night, she didn't even make the beds, but the tip was definitely gone. I thought it may have been a misunderstanding due to our note. We replaced the note with "please tidy the beds but do not tuck in the sheets..Thanks." This note disappeared, the beds were left unmade, and the tip was gone. I was quite upset as I left a good tip knowing that we were making a request. It was upsetting considering how nice Martha had been two days prior.

In addition to this disappointment, my hand carry bag was tampered with. I know this for a fact as I ALWAYS keep a numerical lock on my hand carry bag. I set it daily to a different code when I leave the hotel (no matter where I'm travelling) so that I know if anyone has tried to go into the bag. Sure enough, the code was different when I returned that night. I called the front desk and reported the issues with the beds and my luggage. We demanded that the same house keeper not be sent to our room for the rest of our stay. (PS. I lock up my toothbrush and toiletries as you just never know what someone will do to them when you are not there...)

We left another tip, as we requested Martha take care of our room. We returned to a clean room, beds made (we gave up on our request for loose sheets), and the tip was still there! I feel bad that Martha or whomever would have to take care of the problem due to someone else, but t was nice that the tip was left behind as a means to make up for the issue.

Overall, it was just OK. Nothing special and nothing terrible...with the exception of the lousy house keeper...but lousy house keepers can be anywhere.

Final verdict? I should have just gone to Universal Studios again!

• Stayed December 2012
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend booked a super Disney vacation and opted for the All Star music resort. We had a family suite since we were traveling with 2 boys age 15 and 16. We were in the calypso building and it was great since it was right next to the food court and the transportation to Disney parks. The room is nice and for the 4 of us it was the right size. I had brought a inflating mattress just in case, because on reviews, people were telling that they were not comfy...ok, not that great, but the boys did not use the mattress. The two bathrooms were great and the shower was really good. There is a lot of humidity so the odor was there.
On the first day, we took a taxi and went to Target for grocery. The fridge is a nice size and the kitchenette had what we needed. I would of liked to have real glasses in stead of plastic cups, but for the rest , the disposable dishes is very efficient.
The bus transportation is wonderful and we never waited more than 10-15 minutes. but it seemed we were always lucky cause it would always be there a few minutes after we were at the bus stop. :-). In the morning we would use the extra magic hours. and around 2-3 come back for a little nap. and go back at night in the same park or an other one since we had hopper tickets. This is a great way to discover the parks and to spend a little time at the resort and relax or take a nap. this way, we were always full of energy and stayed away from the big big crowd of the afternoon. at the food court, we could always find something to suit our taste. The coffee is awful so is the one in the room, so if you are a coffee amateur... that's not a good point. but I would find my energy in the magic of disney hey hey!!!
We had a great time and for family with a budget it is perfect. The family suite is a little bit expensive, but it was the biggest time of the year. and a little privacy with the closed room is great for parents. It puts some magic in bed also lol

Room Tip: A family suite in the calypso building next to everything
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

As we where only visiting Disney World for 7 days, the hotel was only ever going to be a base as we intended to be in the Parks for all the available opening hours. So this hotel was exactly what we needed. The reception was very clean with quick and attentive staff. The hotel grounds where well kept with two pools, both more excellent for children with on duty lifeguards till 11pm. The room was very clean with two double beds, a large tv, clean and spacious bathroom and free wifi (although we found the wifi quite slow compared to the free guest wifi you got in the hotel grounds and at every Disney Site). The maid/room service was also very good with the room being cleaned, beds made and fresh towels every day. The only dining room was self service offering pizza, pasta, burger or salad dishes (we found this to be pretty much the staple diet in all Disney Resorts) all reasonably priced and plentyful portions, the hotel also offered pizza delivery to your room. As we where on the Disney dining plan we also recieved drink cups which we could refill 24/7 for the whole of our holiday. All in all for a single parent with 3 kids this hotel offered everything you needed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for convenience to the parks. This resort is older...nothing fancy, but our room was clean. Checkin was a nightmare...very unorganized as their system was down. No one was explaining why such a long wait...even for those who had checked in online. It was confusing finding room at night. The shuttles were great! Food is just ok.

• Stayed December 2012
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had 3 adults and one teenager in a standard room in the "Country Fair" building. Yes, the rooms are old. Yes, the carpeting is worn is some spots. Yes, the property is huge and it's a LONG walk to your room (and after walking around the parks all day the walk seems even longer.)
With that said, the rooms are clean. The mini-fridge comes in handy for cold drinks or for those desserts that you can't quite finish at the restaurant. The location was quiet.
My family didn't spend much time here. We got up early, showered, dressed and headed to the parks. We returned late a night (sometimes after midnight), fell into bed, slept, got up and started the process all over again. We decided on a value hotel because we preferred to spend out money at the parks and not on the hotel. This hotel certainly met our needs.
If you're looking for a hotel with lots of amenities and plan to spend more time at the hotel, this hotel might not be for you. Very little in the way of amenities. I've stayed at some of the high-end hotels (Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs) and they have spas, lounges, etc. All-Stars have none of this. Very basic. So know your needs before you select this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!