“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Selkirk, Canada
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My 6years old daughter and myself decided to take a little trip to Disney! We wanted a cheap resort, considering we wouldn't spend much time in our room anyways. They welcome you like you are a star! Rooms are small, small bathroom but again, how much time do you spend in your room ?!....They also have a safe in the bathroom closet. Daily towel change if you need.Our room were right beside the pool.Food was good:) ,but coffee is awful! Angus burgers are sooo GOOD! Great service .The place is very clean and there is always someone there to help you! There is always lifeguards on duty .The pool is heated so its nice and warm for the evening swim! They also have daily activities, trivia games,even bingo! In the evening they have "under the stars " movie.They have a big blown up TV outside by the pool .Grab a blanket & a lawn chair and watch it with your children! That was fun:) I give it 5 star!

Room Tip: I request a standard 2 bed-room.lower floor closer to the bus stops.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We drove to Disney (me, hubby, and 2 year old) and had a 7 night reservation for the Polynesian, but arrived a night early. We decided to spend a night at a value resort to see what it was like as we had considered splitting the entire trip with a value level resort. I am SO happy we didn't do this.

Check-in was good - CM was very friendly and helpful with typical Disney attitude. Room was clean with 2 full size beds and a tiny table with 2 chairs. I must have forgotten how small a full size bed is because my husband (he is tall) and I ended up sleeping in different beds. Bathroom was small but clean and functional. They give you minimal toiletries (a soap and combo shampoo/conditioner), so remember to bring your own. Wall safe was VERY tiny and would not have fit my laptop.

We checked in on a Friday night the last week of January. At 11pm there were a zillion people out, and it was LOUD. As we pulled up to our building, we saw that the police were there for a noise complaint. We understood once we got in our room because we could hear everything in the rooms next to us and above us as well as outside. We also saw that many people were staying with 8 people in one tiny little room. I get that Disney is expensive, but that's sort of ridiculous.

I'm glad we stayed there for a night because now I will not consider staying at a Value resort again. It gives the benefits of staying on property (buses, EMH, etc), but for the price (rack rate) I could have stayed at the Nickelodeon suites or a regular hotel off property with a MUCH nicer room and atmosphere. This is just not my style of hotel, but if you plan to spend minimal time in the room, I could see the value of it at a discounted rate. FYI, I would not have felt safe as a woman if I had been traveling alone. The room was a good distance from the main lobby, and at night it was sort of dark walking along the outdoor motel-esque halls to get to our room.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I just stayed at the All Star Music Resort again and feel very strongly that Disney offers a very competitive product when compared to the outside resorts. I will write this review from that point of view. Several reviewers feel that the Disney Value resorts are not competitive. Well as in all things that can be debated.
1) The rooms was 250 square feet with two twin beds, a small bathroom that can be cordoned off by a curtain. The room was freshly painted and absolutely immaculate. It had a flat screen TV which had several Disney channels to keep you updated on all events in the kingdom. You do NOT get these updates staying off-property
2) If you purchased your vacation through Disney or your travel agent you got 30% off AND a dining plan. This plan included two quick service meals and two snacks per guest per day. We ate a majority of our meals at the food court. I had salmon, roast turkey, baked chicken, hamburgers etc. In short, the meals were well worth it. How about this? Dessert included a three scoop sundae with your choice of topping. Which budget hotel includes these meals as part of the package AND allows you to get these meals IN the parks.
3) Every day that you go to the Disney Hotels there is a staffed entry where someone checks your pass or you use your card key to operate the gate. Once again, which one of the budget hotels has this kind of security on the outside. NOBODY.
4) Disney provides shuttle buses from the hotel to all the theme parks and downtown Disney. Now you may get a shuttle bus from an outside hotel to Disney Property, BUT it does not take you to all the hotels, waterparks and the parks themselves
5) As part of the Dining Plans you get a FREE refillable mug for as many drinks as you want during your stay. Once again, which outside budget hotels offer you this service. NONE
6) Disney does comprehensive training and supervision of all the staff that it hires. Again, are you sure about the training programs that are offered outside the park?
7) I continue to read in reviews that people have found fault with rooms at Disney. The unfortunate part of this is that they do not tell anyone while they are staying there. If you have an issue, go to the front desk and ask someone to address it. Be polite, but firm and tell the cast member what you feel you should receive as compensation or service. In most cases, you will walk away satisfied.
8) Find a guidebook and PLAN your time BEFORE arriving at Disney. It is a huge place and you need a plan
9) The value hotels are just that, they are there to save you money. It is not fair to compare them to the moderates or deluxe hotels. I found that the Music more than safisfied me.
10) The All-Star Music was clean, safe and a great place to stay. Please consider all aspects of staying on Disney property when comparing the hotels with outside hotels. If you do your homework you will find the better value is on property.

Room Tip: I do not feel it is worth the extra money for a preferred room. If you have difficulty walking then...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Let me start off by saying - if you want a nice room or good service - look elsewhere. The rooms can best be compared to a Super 8 motel, with the benefit being that with the Disney brand on the line - the rooms are clean and safe - my 2 big requirements of any hotel.

Service at the property is about average for lower end hotels, and a lot lower than what one would expect from a Disney property. Service at the food court in the hotel is slow, and a lot of the staff didn't seem to speak english or understand my requests. Upon checking in and trying to set up the Disney's Magical Express service back to the airport after my stay, I was given a pick-up time of 3 hours prior to my flights departure time, and full well knowing I didn't need to arrive at the airport that early, I requested a later pickup time.

I was told, in no uncertain terms that this was not possible, and that if we didn't want to leave so early, we could rent a car or take a cab for ~$70 back to the airport. $70 for something that's supposed to be included in the room rate? I don't think so! They were completely unwilling to work with us, and not at all friendly during the exchange. Upon picking up our bus confirmation letter (required to board) the next day, we were also told that if we missed the bus, our only option would be to pay $70 for a cab to the airport, as they would not reschedule us on a later bus.

Now, even with such poor service - the hotel isn't all that bad. If you're like me, going to Disney World, you'll be spending almost no time at all in the hotel room. Considering the hotel meets my minimum standards of being clean and safe, I would still stay here again. The free airport transfers via the Magical Express service are a great value, even if slightly inconvenient for the return trip to the airport, and the Disney bus system for getting around the parks and to/from the hotel are also a great value. If you want a hotel room you can relax in and enjoy in-hotel dining (other than fast food), look elsewhere. If you just need a clean, safe room to crash in at night, then this is a good place to do it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Graysville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at All Star Music Resort with our 5 year-old grandson from Feb. 23-29, 2012. We booked our trip through AAA, after I did much of my own research on the Disney website. We opted for a family suite just for the extra space--it was great. We were in the jazz building, it was very quiet, relatively conveniently located and absolutely no complaints about our room--it was clean, comfortable and serviced each day. I am an avid walker, so I didn't mind the trek to the main building for food, beverage refills, etc. The food court was chaotic at times, but nothing out of control or unbearable. We had the Disney dining plan and felt it was a great idea--no complaints about food anywhere actually--very good and plenty of it! We did character meals at the Crystal Palace, Chip & Dale @ Epcot, Tusker House and Disney Jr. Dine and Play @ Hollywood and Vine--they were all wonderful because all the characters come to your table and you have plenty of time to snap a few pictures; in addition, the food at all these meals was really good and service was exceptional at each dining venue. Using the Disney Express to/from airport and resort check-in was A-OK! The Disney transportation to/from resort to parks was fine--sometimes a bit crowded, but no problems to report. There was no need whatsoever for a rental car. To sum it up, we spent about 10 hours per day out of the room, so why spend the extra $ for a deluxe or even moderate resort. We did spend the extra $ for the family suite, but that was our choice. Our grandson used the pool on 3 occasions (weather wasn't appropriate some days) and loved it and he really enjoyed the arcade. The gift shop/store was very nice and everybody was helpful and kind. We definitely enjoyed our Disney vacation and look forward to another trip in the not too distant future.

Bowling Green, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I should start by saying that I visit WDW once or twice each year, always staying in a resort hotel. I have stayed at every resort hotel but two (never stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge nor Contemporary Resort). For me, All-Star Music is my favorite of the lower-priced resorts and that's mostly because of the pool area. So, let me talk about that first.

There are two spacious pools in the resort and both are fun. Keeping with the theme of the resort, the larger pool is shaped like a large guitar. It was pretty crowded in the resort when I was there, but the pool didn't feel that crowded and there were lots of lounge chairs available. Much of the time there is live entertainment (varioius games and competitions in the pool area) that kept both kids and adults entertained.

The room is typical for a Disney value resort. Two full-sized beds were comfortable. The room with the toilet and the tub/shower is small, but there is an outer area with a long counter and two sinks. This area has a curtain that can be closed for privacy from the bedroom area.

The food court in the main building has plenty of choices and, frankly, I generally like the food there. Of course, it goes without saying that everyone working in the resort is especially friendly.

For this trip, we took a little girl with us who had never been to WDW before. We spent four nights in this resort and four nights at Caribbean Beach Resort. To my surprise, she preferred the Music Resort (as did my wife). They both thought it was more "fun", despite the fact that we enjoyed paddle boats and bike rides at Caribbean Beach (see my other review).

This is my second or third time to stay at All-Star Music, and I'm sure I will return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Let me start by saying I am a HUGE Disney fan! We take at least one vacation a year there and spend at least 5+ days. This visit was one night only for a Cheer Competition. The All Star Resorts ARE a good value for your Disney on-site dollar, however they are the lowest/value motel accomodation available. The rooms while clean, were quite small - I would say 3 max comfortably unless you do not mind the close quarters.
The walls are extremely thin - we heard each and every toilet flush on both sides and kids running up and down our "hallway" until well past 11pm. There is no ceiling fan to keep cool at night and no coffee maker in the room to wake you up in the morning! If you need a jolt of caffine to get you started you'll need to make the long trek to the food court each morning. I never know there were still properties that did not have free coffee in room!
The food court had multiple choices but was really like controlled chaos even at 9pm - I cannot imagine how it would be during regular breakfast hours! They do have good pool theming and nice activities throughout the day for the kiddos.
But do not stay at this property without children - you may have total culture shock! Unfortunately I have to say being a giant Disney geek and all, if this is the level of accomodation you can afford to make a great vacation to Disney - your dollars will go farther and into a quieter/nicer property with a little better amenities if you choose to stay off-property in one of the Downtown Disney or LBV hotels.

Room Tip: A top level room may be a little quieter without kids running up and down above you!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's All-Star Music Resort? Share your experiences!