I stayed at the Portofino the first month that it opened and loved it. Since that time I've stayed here at least five times but the last time was about four years ago. We booked last minute for the weekend before Christmas and got an amazing deal so I wondered if the low price meant that it may have turned.
Luckily, it is still great. Service was excellent. Our room was clean and in perfect condition. The property is still very well maintained and our bay view from the third floor guest room was gorgeous.
The hotel is a bargain if you are going to the parks because you get a "fast pass" which allows you to enter the park an hour before it opens ( a great idea for the Harry Potter attractions) and you don't have to wait in line for most rides. Before I booked, I went online to see how much the falst pass would cost if we stayed in a different hotel and the cost of the pass (without the park admission) was $99 for both parks !! Therefore it was thrifty to just stay at the portofino.
We ate a Sal's one night which was price $80 for pizza for a family of four and the Valet Parking cost of $27 a night plus tax ($20 to self park) always ticks me off but otherwise, the hotel is a pure delight. The free internet makes the parking a little more easy to swallow. I'd stay here again even if I was not heading to Citywalk or Universal! It is that lovely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate la dolce vita — the sweet life — at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando®. Located at Universal Orlando® Resort, this luxurious hotel re-creates the charm and romance of the famed seaside village of Portofino, Italy, right down to the cobblestone streets and outdoor cafes. Hotel guests enjoy spacious guest rooms featuring authentic Italian furnishings, impeccable and attentive service, an opulent spa, three themed swimming pools and exceptional dining. Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including: * Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required)* Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time * And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Portofino Bay Resort
- Portofino Orlando
- Portofino Bay Hotel Orlando