Our room had many upscale features, but the one we appreciated the most was the huge bathroom large enough to function as a dressing room. Staying as a family often presents privacy issues for daughters and the large dressing room was helpful. The mini-fridge and Keurig coffee maker were also helpful amenities. The ticket sales area opens very early and the employee arrived extra early and helped me before "official" open hours at 6:30 am. (Thank you!) That being said, since the shuttle boat operates to Universal starting at 6 am, it would be nice for official ticket desk hours to also start at 6 am. The view was nothing special, but we were not in the room that much anyway. The water slide at the pool was closed for repairs, which greatly disappointed the children. The hotel offered that we could use the pool at the Hard Rock, but the transportation to the alternate location would have eaten up too much of our swim time. The lobby staff was good, but there needed to be more people available. The 1 desk clerk seemed to be handling someone's early check-in baggage while there were 2 guests waiting in line. The peach bellini drink container in the lobby ( a nice afternoon touch) was empty but for the one drink I was able to eke out by tipping the container. We ate at the deli and the ice cream shop which both were delicious and very reasonably priced with kind, helpful employees. In fact, our patio dining experiences were some of the most fun times we had. The parking is expensive, but I suppose it keeps non- residents from trying to sneak in to park. I think the overall value is difficult to rate. On the one hand, for this price hotel, you expect the details to be right. On the other hand, the main priority where the hotel really delivers is convenience to Universal in a nice atmosphere. For that reason, balanced with a few minuses, this is a Very Good, but not Excellent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate la dolce vita — the sweet life — at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando®. Located at Universal Orlando® Resort, this luxurious hotel re-creates the charm and romance of the famed seaside village of Portofino, Italy, right down to the cobblestone streets and outdoor cafes. Hotel guests enjoy spacious guest rooms featuring authentic Italian furnishings, impeccable and attentive service, an opulent spa, three themed swimming pools and exceptional dining. Hotel guests also enjoy an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including: * Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required)* Universal Express ride access* to skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day (valid theme park admission required)* Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses to make getting around the resort fast and easy so you can make the most of your time * And more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Portofino Bay Resort
- Portofino Orlando
- Portofino Bay Hotel Orlando