“Double Tree Entrance at Hilton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando

You added Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando to your Saves list
Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5780 Major Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points & WiFi Included
Ranked #178 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
New York, United States
“Double Tree Entrance at Hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great stay, rooms could use a slight makeover. Otherwise excellent. Hotel staff was friendly and very accommodating. I was provided with 2 cookies as I entered and they were also able to accommodate my early check in. I would definitely stay here once again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Nicholas H,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad we were able to grant your request for an early check in. Thank you for staying with us and for your comments on our staff, I have shared this with all of them. Please come back and see us soon. We will have the cookies waiting for you.

best regards,

Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Turkish first
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Let me first off saying the room was great, clean, comfortable beds/pillows, and free Wi-Fi. I just hate being nickeled and dimed. Chose this hotel after a good prior experience in San Antonio. Room rate was $99 on amoma.com. Hotel is right across from Universal City. The hotel and room was clean. Many amenities in the Hotel (bar, starbucks, ice cream/pizza parlor, little convenient store, full service restaurant) but you pay for it, but Its probably like that all over Orlando, as its a tourist area. You have to pay for parking. Drinks at bar were overpriced, $9 for mixed and $10 for draft beer. Did have a pizza at the little shop on site, was very good and made to order. They sell Universal tickets on site and have shuttle services but that can fill up quickly. There are restaurants close by and within walking distance.

Room Tip: any location front or back will have view of the highways
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear darlynnski,

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for staying with us during your trip. I am so glad you enjoyed our room and location. I have forwarded your comments on to our entire staff. We truly appreciate you letting us know how we are doing. We all hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Appleby-in-Westmorland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have been here twice and yes it was a little while ago but I felt I had to put a review. We stopped in 2006 and got engaged here and we felt it meant a lot to us here so we came back in 2010 and we got married over here but at Cypress Grove Lakeside Plantation which was beautiful. The hotel is really nice the rooms are big, clean and spacious with great views. The grounds are lovely with a fountain in back with seating where my husband proposed to me! and there is a nice restaurant and they do a nice breakfast, there is a little café bit with food and drinks and they have a pizza hut here too and a shop. You get lovely doubletree cookies here fresh and warm. Its a perfect location for Universal which myself and my husband love and TGI Fridays is only across the road. There are other restaurants and shops and supermarket just up the street which is handy and the I trolley stops outside the hotel as well which is perfect. Disney is not too far away about 30 mins drive. The staff were very helpful and very friendly and did everything they could to help us with our requests and for information.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear mrsmclean10 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this review. It was so nice to have you back with us. I am so happy that our hotel works so well for you. We love that this was where you were engaged. It means a lot to us that you would share that with our hotel family. Please let us know when you are coming back for your anniversary so we can have a wonderful room waiting for you.

Riegelsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great stay, Hotel was perfect great service & food Prices were a little high but you have to look at the area where you are staying. The business side of the hotel was very good as well. All the food and conference rooms wer set up and done with care and attention. Great Pool and hot tub outside. You are only a decant walk from the theme parks of Universal & Adventure Island. Great shuttle service is availible from the hotel for free as well. Plenty of resturants in the area with in walking distance if you don,t want to eat at the hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Ray M,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing this wonderful review. I'm so glad to hear we were the "best of the best trip" and our service and rooms were so perfect. I have shared this with our entire staff. On behalf of us all, Thank you again and we all hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We are regulars at this location, we have season passes to Universal, and this is a stones throw from the entrance. We love the warm cookies at check in. The rooms and bedding are fantastic. We have stayed in both towers but I think I like the north tower better, very quiet and the elevators are quick. This visit we ended up on the Hilton Honors floor, as we are collecting points and are members.....truthfully though I am not sure what the difference is. We were on the 15th floor, the 18th didn't seem any different.
Love this hotel. Nice bar in the lobby with 2 for 1 specials, a starbucks for your morning cup of Joe, good restaurant on property, we have only had breakfast there, which is not cheap but handy.

Room Tip: We like the north tower.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear britgirl1266,

Thank you so much for being such loyal customers!! We really appreciate having you come stay with us. I am so glad that you love our location, rooms, amenities and service. We all look forward to your next stay with us. We of course will have the cookies waiting for you. Please let us know you are coming.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I woke up because I felt something on my leg, and I turn on the light and there was 4 huge welts on my legs !!! I cannot stop itching and after researching about what I thought it was...Two words...bed bugs !!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear lindseyana614,

We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. Our first priority is the health and safety of our guests and we ask that you contact us directly so that we can speak with you about this situation.

Kind regards,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel offered everything it had promised from their website. We did indeed get the delicious signature Doubletree cookie upon arrival. We were upgraded to a large room on one of the top floors. The hot tub was large and empty (lucky us). Our room was clean and the shuttle service to Universal was on time. We also took advantage of the ticket desk in the lobby, which saved us some time at the park entrance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Mrs_loves_2,

I am so happy to hear that your experience was exactly what you expected. Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am glad to hear you had such a good time and were able to take advantage of our location and amenities. please come back and see us again soon.

best regards,

Louis

Been to Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando? Share your experiences!