“Nice experience.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando

Save Saved
You added Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando to your Saves list
Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5780 Major Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points & WiFi Included
Ranked #146 of 328 hotels in Orlando
“Nice experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at 928 room and was very clean and the maid was very nice and polite. Wes from the front desk give us an excellent welcome and service. And when I asked for some things to my room they send it right away and sent me other things that I actually forgot to tell them. Love my stay and I will recommended it.

• Stayed October 2013
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Lourdes A,

I was so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us. Thank for for taking the time to recognize Wes at the Desk and our housekeeping staff. I have shared this with them both. We all hope to see you the next time you are in Orlando.

Best Regards,

1,902 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very good location. You can walk to Universal and it is close to a 24 hour drugstore, TGIF, Gold Corral Buffet, Kobe Steakhouse, Burger King, etc. with on-site food service. Very pleasant room and I used the hot tub. There is a pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Susanne M,

I am so happy to hear you loved our location and our amenties. Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'm writing this review before my stay at the Doubletree Universal because after reading all the great reviews I was so excited about my stay next week (Nov. 7-9) as a surprise mother/daughter getaway for my daughter's 18th birthday. We are Hilton Honors members and made our reservation online but decided a few days later to see if I could add a few things to our reservation. I was transferred to the Front Desk clerk and asked her if we could upgrade our reservation to include breakfast at the hotel, the early arrival Harry Potter pass and Universal 2 day park passes. She told me we had to do that as soon as we made the reservation so it's too late now. I then asked if she could help me change the reservation so we could accommodate our requests and she repeated, very sternly, that once a reservation is made these items can't be added to it. I was transferred to the concierge who was very polite and told me I can buy Universal tickets when I get there but they do not provide the Harry Potter passes. I simply want to surprise my daughter with a trip she will remember forever and now I'm a little concerned that we have chosen the wrong hotel. There were so many options but the Doubletree's reviews were mostly rated high. My advice to others when making reservations is make sure you know everything you would like to include before confirming them. I plan to send another review after my visit as I appreciate the time everyone takes to write them so we can plan our trips the best way possible. Hopefully I will be able to rank my stay high as well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear eula b,

Thank you for speaking with me and allowing me to answer the questions you had on your upcoming stay. I am so happy you gave me the chance to help you before you arrived. I know you and your family will have a wonderful time with us. We look forward to serving you.

Blairsville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel itself is really nice...The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. But the hotel is too small for a convention of this size...The hallways are really tight and there were not enough rooms to accommodate the event. The elevators were way too slow. And the breakfast buffet is kind of on a level with a Motel Six rather than a Hilton Property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jefferson N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I really appreciate your kind words about the staff and hotel room cleanliness. I am sorry that you found the facilities smaller than you had thought. We are working with the promoter to enhance the experience next year. Thank you for letting us know how we did.

best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

was a good stay, parking could have been a bit better. The pool was great the front desk staff was great at check in they had all the answers I needed and the room was clean and nice and had a great view.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Linda Kay T,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us how we are doing. I am so happy to hear our staff was good at check in and were able to answer all your questions. I am sorry for the parking situation that weekend, we have plans in place to make sure it is smooth next year.

best regards,

Longwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were there for Spooky Empire's Ultimate Horror Weekend. We enjoyed out weekend because we were with lots of friends in a fun horror convention atmosphere. As far as the hotel... The bath tub in our room drained very slowly. We could only run the shower for about 3 minutes before the tub was about to overflow. No smoking rooms available - we like to smoke in our room. Parking was fine, actually better than many places. The elevators seemed to be very slow the whole weekend. All the ATM's onsite ran out of money. The service and speed of the Uno's Express eatery was terrible all weekend. Very unhappy people serving paying customers. We waited an hour for a bellhop to checkout and one ever showed up so I went downstairs to the lobby and got a cart myself, loaded it up and took it out to the parking lot to unload into my car. The ice machines on floors 10 and 11 weren't working during out entire stay. We had to use the ice machine on floor 12. The staff were all nice and relatively helpful, except at Uno's Express. We did enjoy our stay, but none of that joy came from the hotel itself. Unfortunately, nothing about the hotel was "excellent" or made the weekend any better. Nothing jumped out at us to make us say "what a great hotel, I'm glad Spooky Empire had the convention here." Overall, great weekend. But just an average-at-best experience regarding the hotel. The only way we would probably ever stay there again is when Spooky Empire is there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Todd S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me concerning your stay. Costumer service is our job and I appreciate you giving me the chance to make this right for you. There was no reason for your stay to be anything but perfect and Im sure the next time you are here you will have a wonderful time. We look forward to having you again.

Cumming, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Loved my stay there! Compfy rooms and the best breakfast ever! Ask Ms. Gladys to make you one of her special omletts. She ROCKS!!! Take a cab to Universal and save money on parking. The cabs are there and available at all hours of the day. Your walk will be shorter than if you drive and park at Universal. The cab ride is just $8.00!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Tina D,

We are so happy that you found us so GREAT!! I have shared you comments with Gladys, I agree , She does Rock!!! Thank you so much for your comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Louis

Been to Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando? Share your experiences!