“Nice, but my bed sucked” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando

You added Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando to your Saves list
Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5780 Major Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points & WiFi Included
Ranked #179 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice, but my bed sucked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Overall I would have rated this hotel excellent, but I was not satisfied with the comfort of my bed. Something just seemed off from the start, it felt like it was lopsided and very hard. The linens also did not fit on the bed properly. Elevators seemed to take forever to arrive. Great location, felt more upscale than most Orlando hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear JosephOIndianapolis,

Thank you so much for your comments. I truly apologize that there was an issue with the comfrot of your bed and the quality of the linens. We have recently ordered all new linens for the hotel and I belive there will be no more issues with the fit. The next time you are coming to Orlando, let me know and I will have our Housekeeping manager make sure the room is perfect.

Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We travelled to Orlando and wanted to do Universal so stayed at the Doubletree for 2 nights. Great location. I think apart from the Universal hotels, this must be the closest to the park. The room itself was great. Clean. And the view was amazing coz we could see the park from our window. Highly recommended. Wonderful place

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear FrankZ6,

I am so happy that our location added to your overall enjoyment of your vacation. Beiung across from Universal studios is a great plus!! Thank you so much for your review, I have shared it with our staff.

Best Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic! Although we rarely used the room as universal studios is entertainment enough.

Firstly the beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms spacious and clean! I was greatly impressed with the staff and the hotel in general!

I am sad that I didn't get this cookie that everyone raves about :(!

This hotel is moments away (15 min walk) from Universal's Citywalk and 2 theme parks. Wet and Wild is around a 30/40 minute walk away!

TGI Fridays is literally next door to the hotel and we dined there twice during our visit!

Just some points that made me uneasy:
1) unauthorized persons have access to the hotel and placed pizza menus under our door, this places guests and rooms at risk and clearly this is an issue as signs are posted in the hotel to ignore these menus!
2) We stored our bags and were uncomfortable to see that they were not locked away but instead stored in a roped off area of the lobby!

Other than these minor issues I would absolutely stay with this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear rollo_100 ,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Doubletree Universal so much that you booked another night!! Thank you so much for your response. I guarentee you the next time you visit my hotel I will have an entire tin of warm cookies waiting for you. Please let me know when you are coming!!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is comfortable and has great amenities for the family or even singles! Pool open till 11:00 is a plus, service at front desk is helpful and very friendly! I believe Wes was the name of the guy we dealt with and he was great after a bad weekend and long drive in and made us feel worthy as a guest!

Rooms are good, clean and comfy, they are not extravagant but they are just right. Our room is over looking Universal on 15'Th floor and are conjoined due to us having 2 rooms and six people. We didn't even have to ask for this as it was suggested and done! Walk to Universal in 10-15 minutes top is another plus. Lots of restaurants on property and in area. Safe and secure. If you are coming to Orlando with the kids you are at the right place. When we come back I will not go anywhere else..

Thank you Doubletree!

• Stayed July 2013
Louis E, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear wctraveler21,

I am so glad that you were "very pleased" to stay with us at our Doubletree at Universal. Thank you very much for pointing out what a great help Wes was. he is an excellent employee and I have shared this with him. We hope you will come back and see us again the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed @ the double tree hilton at the entrance to universal studios in orlando florida June 25,-30th 2013. Hotel was clean, front desk staff was AMAZING Louis, catherine, nigel, and evening shift (ex-brooklyner) Linda you guys were the BEST! great place to eat Carrabba's, just a 5 minute walk from your hotel. every night we would walk to Universal "CITY WALK" its a 15 minute walk crossing 3 major streets. the walk is very lovely (not sure if young children would enjoy and keep up with this 15 minute walk one way) if you drive to city walk you will pay $15.00 to park ( trust me walking better) lots of shops, restaurants, candy stores, ect.. City Walk is FREE , you are just outside the gates of universal studio. you will have your backpacks, purses, strollers, check by security before entering "CITY WALK" orlando it rains EVERYDAY, sometimes like a Hurricane then 20 minutes later it stops and the sun comes out again. I would bring a plastic poncho if you plan on going to Universal Studios or Disney. it will be a lot cheaper. IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jamie L,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. Louis, catherine Nigel Linda and the entire staff are so glad you had such a wonderful time. Please let uis know the next time you will be coming so we can block your room for you.

Best Regards,

Ham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have the experience of working in hotel in Ireland dublin and London , the Doubletree hotel was a frist class hotel . The check - was first class after flying from England about Nine hours the cookies are the best cookies we have had. The room was very large and beds fit for a queen . The fridge was great for complimentary water .The hotel was very quite , and you sleep like sheep , the parking was really easy because it was right out front. The front of house staff where always helpful,and friendly . The courtyard was relaxing . The pool everyone delight . You can take a delightful walk to universal , only about ten minutes from the hotel . Where harry potters and friends a wait your company . I guess I would say that coming from England but its like your in the movie yourself , and your country or county does not make a difference , you can fly on that broom stick if you believe , and I was up up up and away . The stay a the doubletree was magic , and made all are dreams . A great big thank you from the Minte family from Hampshire

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hampshireukminte,

We here at the Doubletree Universal are so happy that you had such a first class experience at our hotel. Thank you so much for your review. We promise to make your next stay with us just as magical. please let us know when you are coming back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week for our vacation very 1st time in orlando customer service was great even got uogradded to a higher floor at no extra charge. The area was very convenient to highways, food, and drug store even tho we didnt go to universal they offer scheduled shuttles and if u didnt want to take the shuttle cab ride is a $5 flate rate ride the only issue I had was the tub ahad a very slow drain we had to wait almost a half hr after every shower each (there were 3 of us) before we were able to get in the showr. Overall experience was great and look forward to staying there again

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando? Share your experiences!