“No Complaints Here - Fantastic!” 4 of 5 stars

Rosen Centre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9840 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #103 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Tamworth, UK
“No Complaints Here - Fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We've stayed in a few hotels in Florida over the years, and this has to be the best. The Service from the staff is efficient and friendly: given a warm welcome no matter the time of night. The Rooms are very clean and just what is needed after a long day of walking around the parks or shopping. The pizza from the deli is georgous! And all the food is reasonably priced. Only two small points: the hotel is a little bit out the way (practically the end of International Drive) which may be a hassel for a family staying there if they had no car and having to rely on Orlando's excellent, although very busy, public transport! Secondly, the bathrooms are a little dated, but still very clean! Overall, this is a fantastic hotel and we would recommend it to every one!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Carmel, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

This hotel is mediocre at best. I am traveling with my husband, who is here on business, and the only plus is the proximity to the convention center. It is very costly, the staff is not very friendly, and the rooms are comparable to a $99/night hotel (not even close the $209/night that we are paying).

You have to pay to use the fitness center, which is pretty common for a 5-star hotel, but this is not 5-star by any means...and the fitness center is about what you would expect from an apartment complex. Their "state-of-the-art cardio" equipment consisted of one bike, one elliptical, and four old treadmills. It was terrible. The brochure says that they have two ellipticals, so maybe one was broken and removed? All I know is that I never got to use it because someone was always on the ONE they had available. I also wanted to purchase a water while I was there, but was told that they couldn't find the key to the fridge, so I should go next door to the gift shop to buy one. It was pitiful. And I have to pay $10/day for this???

I didn't use the spa, but had no regrets there. It seemed about as classy as the fitness center.

Save your money and stay at another hotel near the convention center. We have several friends/colleagues here for the same convention, and NONE of them are paying what we are paying and are all very close to the convention.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Everything about this property screams that is was designed and implemented by a corporate accountant. No consideration was given to guest comfort. The dollar/value proposition for this property is completely lopsided. I would expect this level of comfort, service and amenities from a property with rack rates of $75-$100 per night. Our bill was $220 per night.

From the plastic shower enclosures to the Sam’s Club lighting, furnishings, and bedding no one could find comfort here. They claim to be Green; this is because there is so little water pressure coming out of the low flow shower head that you can't rinse the soap out of your hair in less than 5 minutes.

Forget a newspaper in the morning or any other standard courtesy. Find someplace else to spend your time, get a good night’s sleep and take a shower. This area has MANY other choices.

Helena, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

The convention facilities of the hotel are quite nice. Clean and in good condition, very roomy common areas in the ballroom areas and main lobby. However, the lack of modern internet service is maddening. In-room internet is a one-time fee for the duration of the stay. Wireless internet access in the main lobby (essentially anywere with marble floors) is a seperate daily fee, and in order to get wireless internet in the meeting rooms is yet ANOTHER fee for the meeting organizers. The facility seems pretty nice and is absurdly convienient to the Orange County Convention Center, major roads, and convient to the airport. Having said that, I'm sorry, but when every Hampton Inn and other mid-level motel has free Wi-Fi, the petty fees leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Mpls, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I would have guessed at a Hampton Inn room. this isn't even close to a high rating hotel. You get charged for everything though. Parking, Internet, Workout room, Breakfast....... next time to cheap out with Hotwire and book a place you know.

southwest FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

I booked this room on Hotwire. Hotwires rating was 3.5 stars and I got the room for $49. However, when I got there at 2:30 pm, I was told (like many others) that my room was not available. The front desk staff was not rude, but looked like they were tired and didn't want to be there. I chatted it up with the guy and on his own, he offered me to stay at the Shingle Creek Resort for the same price since rooms were available then. We took him up on the offer. I used to live in Orlando and try to avoid I Drive at all costs. Like others have said, if you are going to the convention center, it is prime location.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

I have visited Orlando on many occassions and have always admired the scale of this hotel so when I found it on Travel Supermarket at less than £40 per night I jumped at the opportunity.
We were given a room on the 4th floor, I was initially dissappointed as I had hoped for a high floor to appreciate the view however the size and quality of the room more than made up for this!
The staff were very friendly, from the porters and check-in to the bar staff and housekeeping, always polite and acknowledging, which in such a large hotel is a pleasure.
From reading the reviews on this site I expected that we had to pay to park our car however this is not the case and apparently for guests this is included in the room cost.
We never sampled any of the restuarants however did use the Deli and I can confirm that although it is pricey compared to outside, you would expect this in a hotel, the quality of the food on offer is excellent and makes a change from burgers & fries.
As this is mainly a business / conference hotel the pool area is very quiet, plenty of sun loungers and free pool towels to be had. The hot tubs are hot and in the hot Florida sun feel more like being in a steam room or sauna! There are also excellent changing facilities poolside which we took advantage of on our last day - this meant that we did not have to keep our room on and could lie by the pool then use the showers and facilities before travelling to the airport! A bit cheeky ;-)
The location of the hotel is a about a 15 min walk from the Pointe however this is the I-Trolley that stops just outside the hotel and can take you down towards Seaworld and Aquatica. We paid $11 for a taxi to Universal Studios which we felt was good value.
I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to stay again ona future visit.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosen Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!