“Great Hotel & Pool in proximity to many major attractions!” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9840 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #114 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mpls, MN
“Great Hotel & Pool in proximity to many major attractions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

Super convention hotel and place I would even stay with the kids! The pool deck was great! The only one very minor detail -- the doors could be rigged to close a lot more slowly and quietly than the bang they let loose currently. Also, there could be "sweeps" on the bottom of the doors -- I could see plenty of hall light -- I don't know if it's a code thing in FL. Overall, it was a great stay !

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
SooooCal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

The only good thing to report was at check-in our request for a lower floor was met. We were placed in a handicapped accessible room, which wouldn't have been much of a problem except the shower tiles had mold that were never cleaned during our 4 night stay.

We were on a nonsmoking floor, but smoke inexplicably kept coming through our bathroom vents. We ended up with an ozone machine and a can of spray, but the management could never find the culprits. We survived by turning the bathroom fan on--permanently.

Walls are incredibly thin. The midnite curfew of the Florida Key Club was only a problem for anyone who actually was trying to sleep. Normal talking came through the walls at all hours.

Convenient to the convention center yes, but I've stayed in nicer Amerisuites for less than half the price.

If I have to attend another convention in Orlando, it will not be by staying at this property.

Stayed April 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

If you are going to a convention, this is the hotel you want to stay at! It's not only convenient to the Orlando convention center, it's a spacious hotel that can handle large crowds. They have several dining facilities, a large comfortable pool, and plenty of fast moving elevators. But the most important reason this hotel rates at the top for me is their reservations desk. They treat their guests the way you should be treated. They are friendly, polite, and helpful, which is something that is desperately lacking in a lot of the Orlando hotels these days. Although I have not stayed at the hotel for pleasure, I would still consider this hotel first. It is not focused on family activities, but when I'm in Orlando with my family I'm looking for those fun experiences elsewhere. My children loved the large pool. That was all they needed!

Stayed April 2006
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

I attended a conference at the Rosen Centre. It's a big hotel, built for conventions. If you are attending a convention at the North/South Convention Center complex, the location can't be beat. The decor was nice, and my room was a decent size. Nice firm mattress. The room lighting was terrible, especially in the small bathroom. The sink outside the bathroom was not a plus, either.

My real complaints were with housekeeping and maintenance. I called for them to fix my continually running toilet, which they promptly did. Then it began to run again the next day. The tub faucet dripped and the shower/tub lever was stuck halfway. My room was not vacuumed the entire time I was there, and there was stuff on the floor from the previous guest. The bathroom floor was also not mopped or even swept, and the bathtub walls didn't even get a basic wipe down. They took my ice bucket away one day and it didn't return. There was always a team of housekeepers in the hallway (they like to start cleaning bright and early), and it always seemed like different people, so I don't think the poor housekeeping was due to one person. It was systemic.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

This hotel is great for tourists. The pool / deck area is huge and unusually quiet. I think this is because many of the guests are business travellers.
We took our 2 young kids and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2005
Sterling, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2006

I recently stayed on the seventeenth floor at the Rosen Centre for a week-long business conference. My room was clean and nicely furnished. The hotel staff was very friendly. I especially liked the convenience and variety of food offerings of Red's Deli, located off of the lobby. As well, the meals served for my conference were better than your usual conference large group fare.

My only complaint would be about the old-fashioned air conditioner unit --- it was louder than the newer models; however, the unit was not so loud that it interfered with my sleep or relaxationm so this in only a minor complaint.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2006

I arrived at Rosen Centre on 12/31/05 at the stroke of midnight (was offically the first person to check in for 2006!) and was greeted by a friendly and festive staff. I found it to be a beautiful hotel inside and out, with decent rooms and a great pool. The staff for the most part was friendly and helpful.

If the weather is nice (above 70 degrees), be sure to check out the pool. This is a great place to relax in the sun with a cocktail and soak in the atmosphere!

The only issue I experienced was that I had requested a room with two beds, but when we arrived there were none available. My son and I ended up sharing a king bed the first night, then the hotel didn't get us checked in to our new room until after 4:00pm the next day. This ended up being somewhat of an inconvenience.

All in all, I would definitely go back. We got a special rate on our room, so it ran less than $100/night. For that kind of money, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Rosen Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!