“Ummm, real good treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Leeds
“Ummm, real good treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed for two weeks as a base to visit the parks, beautiful hotel in an excellent location. Requested a king room on a high floor and that's what we were given on check-in. Pool was brilliant and rarely busy day or night. Only had breakfast in the hotel so can't really comment on the restaurants.

Came back from the parks one day to find a large fruit basket with crackers and cheese waiting for us, a very nice touch.

All in all, could not fault the hotel, all the staff we came across were very pleasant and courteous, when we do return to Orlando, I would not hesitate to stay at the Rosen Centre again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent one night at the Rosen Centre after leaving a timeshare that would not let us stay for an additional night. Had a bad experience at the timeshare and was in need of resuscitating our vacation. We checked out of the horrible place at 10, got some breakfast and I told my daughter it was too early to check in to the Rosen Centre but maybe they will let us use the pool until our room is ready. So we went over. Went up to the lobby, the front desk lady was extremely pleasant, big smile on her face as she greeted me. I told her I had a reservation, gave her my ID. She asked me if I would like a high floor or a low floor. There were 24 floors so I said high, maybe I'd have a view of Orlando. She said, "you're all set and handed me my key". I was so happy and shocked. It was 11:30. No, 'well you're room isn't ready yet, or check in isn't until 4'. We got up to our room, it was beautiful and spotless. We didn't have to use one wifi device at a time like in the timeshare. There wasn't a 60-step process to figure out how to use it. It was seemless and quick without any glitches. The view of seaworld was awesome. The high floors have their own elevators so it goes to floors 1 and 2 and then skips to 16 so we didn't stop on every floor. We self parked because I have my daughter's wheelchair and the hotel is massive. It does also have valet parking. It had a conference for over 2500 blind people and every staff person was ready, willing and able to assist in whatever capacity they could. There was an onsite deli and several restaurants to eat at so we didn't have to leave. There was a huge pool not too far from the elevators so it was not a long walk and there was amble space in the pool for kids to play and adults to swim without getting splashed or hit in the head by kids toys. There is a trolley right out front so we could leave if we wanted to. It goes up and down International drive so we could go to one of the hundreds of other family friendly restaurants or souvenir stores. I wish we spent the entire week there because it was that incredible. Thank you Rosen Centre for making at least one of our vacation days a pleasant one for me and my daughter.

Room Tip: Go for the high rooms, they have good views and its own elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here for an international conference in June. I was very pleased and didn't expect the great "everything" we received.

The staff worked really well with the conference folks. The accommodations were excellent. If I had to gripe, I would say the food on the property was expensive. But being next to I-Drive, we were able to drive to almost any other types if food nearby.

I would absolutely recommend this place for either staying on I-Drive or especially for a conference.

• Stayed June 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotwired and wound up with this place for a last minute family fun weekend. We have stayed at the Rosen Shingle creek across the street and loved it. We just had the worst experience at the Rosen Centre from the moment we arrived. I waited in the car with our two young children while my spouse went to check in to our room.The front desk would not allow my spouse to check in with my reservation and was not pleasant. We travel often and this is the first that we have experienced this inconvenience. We checked in and gave the desk our credit card for incidentals. When we ordered a snack and a drink from the bar, we were told that our card was "x'd out" and that we would need to go back to the front desk. We were told the same thing when we tried to order room service. The room service person said she could not take any payment except cash from us so we would need to go to the front desk. I called the front desk and they told me that they could not take our card over the phone. I have given them my credit card in person with my drivers license. Is it a security risk to take my card over the phone that they apparently skipped putting on my room when I checked in? So inconvenient. We wound up walking next door to Denny's instead of dealing with the rude front desk people. They were nicer to us at Denny's than anyone was to us at this hotel. We were asked to get out of the pool and hot tub because it was sprinkling. No thunder or lightning. Two hours later it was not raining and they put up a rope around the pool on a Saturday at a pool in Orlando. There is absolutely nothing else to do at this boring hotel. They also did not offer any normal extras like board games dvds at the front desk or robes in the rooms. There was also no spa menu in our room and no option to call the spa on the phone. Do I need to find the spa to find out about the options in person? The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were very uncomfortable. The representative that checked us in to the hotel told us that they were going to give us a room with a great view of the fireworks from Disney and Universal. We did see fireworks at the other end of the building. My little boys were disappointed. After a day of no pool,no arcade,no kids movies and then no fireworks. Sunday the pool was open but not the snack bar or the bar at noon. It was not open the entire day before either. We were looking forward to enjoying lunch by the pool from the tikibar that they advertised on their website. There were plenty of guests at the pool that looked like they would have enjoyed a drink,some lunch or even some water to drink by the pool. Disappointing place all around.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Rosen Centre Hotel is in a great location near International Drive, Universal Studios, Florida Mall, and many other great touristy locations. The hotel has amazing views, friendly staff, and is well kept and maintained. Would gladly visit again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. The bellhops that took care of our things, all were so nice, polite, very helpful and informative. Great and quick service from housekeeping and the bellhops. The pool and jacuzzi area were clean and very nice as well. Since the hotel is right on International Drive, all the parks were near by. Our stay at the Rosen Centre, was a pleasurable one. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a weekend getaway.

northern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed for four days at the end of June on holiday to visit some of the parks. Booked through travel agent in bigger holiday package, not sure of cost. Easy to get to from the airport, which was great after a 6 hour delay on flights. Also easy to access parks, we did disney, universal and also sea world. We could see the rides at sea world from our room in the 21st floor! The lobby is huge, it is a good walk to the car park, but it didn't bother us. Parking was free, pleasant staff at the security point at entrance. There are huge spaces in the hotel where meetings and weddings are taking place. Lots of places to eat in the lobby, a couple of bars, sushi, tapas, coffee shop, deli/shop. We had breakfast included in our rate at cafe gaugin. It's a big spacious restaurant with buffet service. Also a chef there cooking fresh omelettes. Food was fine, great selection, hot, well stocked up. Only complaint about the whole hotel, would be the staff in this restaurant. They just stood around talking to each other, when you did get there attention, they usually brought the wrong drinks, and spilled them! Thankfully you only need them for your drinks if you're using the buffet. I expect it cause we were pre payed that they didn't rush to help us- no tips!
The pool area was nice and there were plenty of loungers. Room was very clean, good shower, separate sink outside toilet. Fridge in the room and safe, hair dryer etc. air con was really noisy, but we were so exhausted each evening it didn't keep us awake. We had noisy neighbours too, screaming kids, but we were up early and away to the parks each day, so we managed. Housekeeping staff attended every morning, room well cleaned and stocked up. Staff at check in and guest services very helpful too.
All in all, enjoyed this hotel. Nice atmosphere for such a huge place. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid noise, loads of lifts which a really fast so no issue with how high you go.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rosen Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!