We arrived to the Orlando airport and saw that a cab ride was 60 dollars. We then decided to get the Magic Express Complimentary Bus Ride to the resort. We had our own luggage and it was loaded on the bus. If there were any announcements made on the bus regarding luggage, we could not understand or hear it. When we got off they bus, we waited to get our luggage. The bus driver told us not to worry, it would be delivered to our room. We hesitated to leave our luggage there, but went on in to check in. At check in, we were there for a conference and were given a very far away room. They also assured us our luggage would arrive in about 3 hours. We checked into our room after walking in the heat around a lake and searching for the room. We then found we had 2 double beds instead of a king size bed as requested. We were one of the first to check in for our conference. We were too hot and tired after a 4 hour flight, no luggage and inappropriate clothes or shoes for hiking to our room to then change our room. At 6pm, still no luggage so we called. No one seemed too concerned, they took info and said the would look for it. I then went to the baggage area (another tour back to the main lobby) and asked about my luggage in person. Again, no interest, so I asked for a manager. A cast member named Scott happened to walk up and was able to at least let me know he figured our bags went back to the airport. I was in near tears. We had a function to go to that night and I had no clothes or nothing to freshen up with. The manager offered us a toothbrush. I asked for a business card, he had none and went to go get one and came back and said our luggage was at the airport. (Mind you it had been at the resort at one time). He said we should have it by 7:30pm. By 8:30, no luggage. We went back to the baggage area and it was still at the airport. We finally got it delivered between 9-10pm. No apology. No meal voucher, no toothbrush, nothing. Nothing else about the resort made up for the bad start.
We were there for a conference. There were too few shuttles and often ran infrequently. You spent time getting ready for a function, then had to go out and either walk up a sweat or ride a cart in 100% humidity and feel awful for any function.
There is only one nice restuarant in the main hotel area and an expensive self serve buffet eating area. There is no seating in the lobby area, so you can never get away from your room without sitting in the heat.
On the night we tried to go to the Downtown area for a variety in eating, there was only 1 bus about every 45 minutes and they packed to standing room only left. There were many of the other buses and they were empty.
I'm trying to think of something nice.....the grounds were pretty.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Springs
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando
- Disney Coronado Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a Southwest-themed Disney Moderate Resort hotel encircling Lago Dorado—a glimmering 22-acre lake—that evokes the spirit and romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico. Follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado as he searched for the legendary Seven Cities of Gold while you discover the beauty and fantasy of a unique Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.