“Bed Bugs” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

You added Disney's Coronado Springs Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1000 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #178 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Montreal, QC
“Bed Bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Need I say more? Imagine having your very first experience with bed bugs at a Disney Resort!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Our experience at Coronado Springs in mid-April 2010 was fantastic. Pool view from the first floor in building 4. Bus stop steps away, and even the walk to the lobby/food was just a few minutes, despite the size of the resort. The rooms were sharp--queen size beds (which is greate when you've got kids in the beds with you), and the large sliding doors to the bathroom were both decorative and functional. This is a Moderate Resort..it's not a JW Marriott...but for $150 or so a night at Disney, you can't beat it. The decor of these re-furbished rooms was quite upscale, and we never heard our neighbors. The only downside I see to the resort is that the food is a a bit pricier than other Disney resorts, presumably because it's a convention hotel, and Disney knows they can get a few extra bucks out of the visitors on expense accounts. Otherwise, it's outstanding.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I have traveled to the Coronado for three years now, and have found the hotel staff, rooms, and grounds to be in great condition. Security is at front gate, so they limit public access to the grounds.
I typically traveled here in a group of 3,000 customers and clients, so the hotel is very adept at handling large crowds.
Bus transportation is available on site to all Disney Parks. Restaurants on site are adequate. Rooms have been modernized, in room internet service.
My only complaint about my stay was a server 'padded' her tip at the inside bar, I did not find out until after the fact when I got my credit card bill two weeks later.
If going to Disney, I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Airdrie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

had an excelent two weeks. found bus service to parks very good. had the quick service dining plan. returning this year but trying port orleans riversideand upgrading dining plan.found rooms clean and service very good.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Tulare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I'm really surprised ratings aren't higher!

Stayed at CSR January 20-28, 2010 and LOVED it! A lot (if not all) rooms were recently refurbished and WAY nicer than the older rooms!

The new rooms have lovely colors of blues, browns, and whites.

Pros:
- Large, too comfortable King sized bed! Bedding was clean and soft!
- There was a lot of space for us to move around throughout the room itself.
- The bathroom and room can be "separated" by using the big sliding doors to allow some privacy for those using the restroom
- Flat screen T.V...getting with the times unlike other places...
- Resort was so big, we never ran into other guests! It felt like we were the only ones at CSR
- Fitness room was way better than expected! I was pleasantly surprised at how big it was! I thought I was the only psycho to work out on vacation...a vacation to WDW no less!
- The Laundry room we used was never busy, and was always kept clean with great running machines
- Great location for easy access to parks!

Cons:
- The resort is HUGE! Make sure the amenities you want (pool use, close to lobby, close to bus stop, etc) are near the building you would like to stay in and put a request in for that particular area (Cabanas, Casitas, etc).
- Was used to the huge Pop Century food court...this was more like a small, convenience store and one expensive (but good) restaurant
- We always felt like we were constantly waiting for a bus! Maybe it's because we went in the off season, or maybe we were just never lucky...
- Check to see if there are any conventions going on...there was a convention going on at the time, and it really didn't bother me, but I know some people may not like the feeling of "extra people" at their resort

Honestly, the pros definitely out weight the small cons. If we needed to stay at a Moderate resort again, I would probably choose CSR again, because of the refurbished rooms and the proximity of this resort to the parks!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I have to say after reading a lot of the reviews on here I was a little skeptical about booking our stay here, but I'm glad that I decided to go ahead and do it anyway.
First and foremost.... staying on property is definitely the way to go. Using the Magical Express made things so much easier - they check you luggage for you and even check you into your flight when you leave (as long as you use a participating airline - we flew Delta).
First I will start with the bad stuff (which wasn't much) The lady at the Registration desk had less than a personality - however she did recognize that it was our Anniversary and took the time to go find more anniversary pins for us and also gave us a "Happy Anniversary" card from the Resort that included a Champagne Toast at the Laguna Bar....which was very nice. She didn't have the most upbeat and positive personality, but she was nice.
The second bad thing was that there were a couple of black hairs on the bathroom floor (It appeared to be hair from a man's head or back maybe, and there were only a couple - I just picked them up with some tissue and threw them away - no big deal - it's not like I was planning on eating lunch off the bathroom floor, and that is what the floor towel is for). Other than that though, the room was immaculate and cleaned thoroughly each and every day.
Not a big deal but a little disappointing - we never got any towel animals of any of that fun stuff that I had read about on here. Our "mousekeeper" Veda did organize some stuffed animals that we had bought and won on the bed on our last day though. I guess maybe if we had kids with us it would have been different.
The last negative is the walking. I'm not complaining for us at all... You go to Disney World knowing that there is a lot of walking involved and we lucked out (Casita's Building # 4 which was STEPS away from Bus stop #2 which happened to be the first stop) but I can see where people would be frustrated with the distance from some of the amenities, but other than the Main pool (we had our own quiet pool so it didn't matter) we weren't too far from the Pepper Market and Registration in the Main Building. Personally I didn't think the walking was that bad. On 2 separate days, my husband and I just walked around the grounds taking pictures and relaxing or sitting at the Laguna bar having drinks.
Now for the good stuff...
Our room was nicely decorated and clean. Everyday our room was cleaned and neat. We did leave the Mousekeeping $5 a day.
We ate at the Pepper Market twice and I didn't think the food was bad at all. One night we went at about 9:30 p.m. and just got Chicken sandwiches and the chicken wasn't dry or anything...and they only charge you for the food you get so if it sounds expensive, notice that you were NOT charged for your drinks, no matter how many coffees, sodas, teas etc. that you may have ordered. The other time we went was in the early afternoon on the day we left and my husband got the Chicken again and I got a Philly Cheese steak, which was very good - no complaints here. Also the service was pretty good there too. Very nice wait staff and we never had to wait for a refill on drinks. Note that it says a 10% gratuity is included on the tab...but it doesn't hurt to leave a couple extra dollars.
The hotel grounds were clean and well maintained. The Landscaping was beautiful and made for excellent pictures.
There is a small tiki bar, called the Laguna Bar, outside the Pepper Market and Main building. It's right on the water and there are plenty of tables and chairs with umbrellas. It is very relaxing with some beautiful views. If you are lucky the Gator will swim by looking for someone to throw him a snack. I don't know if you are supposed to feed him, but I bought a croissant from the little deli and threw pieces to him, the fish and the turtle that were swimming around. The drinks at the bar are a little pricey if you are used to your local dive... but I'm from Vegas and $6.00 for a Blue Moon is just fine with me. I had ordered a Patron Margarita on the rocks the first night and I think it was $11... but that's why it's called Vacation...if you are looking for a bargain, you are in the wrong place.
All in all we loved staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. We would definitely stay there again. I have stayed at the The Contemporary, The Wilderness Lodge, and The Caribbean Beach Resort and out of the 4, I'd say that the Coronado ranks second in that list.
I'd have to say after reading the other reviews for this hotel (and other Disney hotels), I think that some people are just not easy to please. You have to realize that coming to a big tourist place, you are going to have to spend some $$. Disney World isn't just some theme park - they are known for being "The Happiest Place on Earth" If you are going to let prices, or lines, or long walks, or a little dirt ruin your vacation then maybe you should just stay home.
Oh and if you ask the front desk when you arrive or hit the luggage button on your room phone when you leave - someone will assist you with you luggage or take you to your room in the little golf cart thingy. Both times that my husband and I were walking around the grounds we were passed various times by these multi-seated golf carts.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Coronado Resort. The setting was very beautiful and the service was wonderful. We stayed in section 6A, but the walk to the lobby was about 5 minutes. I notice that some people complained about walking. If you are coming to Disney World, then you will do nothing but a lot of walking in the theme parks. If you do not like walking, then Disney World is not the vacation for you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!