“my favorite disney resort !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1000 W Buena Vista Dr, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #191 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hightstown, New Jersey
“my favorite disney resort !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Coronado Springs is the best Disney Resort. That resort is very nice and clean. I stayed there 2 times and loved it more each time. But one thing that u have to do is make sure that u request a close room ( buildings 1 or 3 ) The first time I stayed there I was in building 8. That was a 10 mins. walk to the main lobby. The second time I remembered and requested for building 1. And that building was much closer to everything. If u stay in building 1 u can get off at bus stop 2 and it drops off right in front of the building. The only thing that is kind of bad is that its kind of far away from everything. But only 5mins to Animal Kingdom. The only services they offer to/from parks is by busses. I LOVED coronado Springs and I cant wait to go back this summer.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
Anytown, U.S.A.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I arrived at the Coronodo after midnight. There were no bell staff to meet the bus or help with luggage. At the check-in desk I was given a key and a map and sent on my way. After 20 minutes of wandering through dark paths I finally located my room on the opposite side of the lake from the lobby. The buildings are not clearly marked and there is no security evident and no offer was made to provide an escort to my room. When I got to my room it was not clean and the toilet was used and not flushed. Two colleagues I spoke to had rooms that had wet carpets when they checked in. They were told that "the carpets had just been shampooed," but not before they checked in and discovered that they were in a wet room. I requested and received another room the following day. I had also signed up for the "Magic Bus" check in service. My boarding pass was never delivered to my room. The food at the hotel is not good. Rolls and bread were dry, and I ordered a latte that seemed to have no coffee taste. I could not get the high speed internet to work in my room although the desk said it was available behind the night stand. The hotel offered no complimentary wifi even in the common areas. TV's are not high definition and the room seem very dated. Some hotel staff were helpful, but many were not. For example, one of my colleages was trying to print a boarding pass, and the internet in the business center was slow so I told him I thought the concierge would to it. The woman at the business center desk told said, "They don't do that." (In fact, they had printed mine). They also charge $1 to print a boarding pass in the business center, a service that is free in most hotels.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

This resort was definitely the best resort that I've been to by far. The rooms were terrific and the views and activities were just wonderful! The service was great and the dining was simply excellent. I keep trying to book this resort for my family and I, but it always seems to be booked. Mostly likely because it is such a great spot! Aroung the resort there are carts that can bring you to and from your room which is such a great advantage especially when its incredibly hot outside, and your kids just don't want to walk! That can be an issue. But with Coronado Springs they are just there to fit your needs no matter what. I definitely recommend this to any age travelers. It makes Walt Disney World all the more enjoyable, and of course...absolutely magnificent!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

I spent four nights at the Coronado Springs Resort recently and found it pleasant. I was there for a professional conference that was held in the Convention Center. My one big complaint involved the distance from the section in which I was staying to the main activity center. It was MUCH too long for any reasonably convenient back and forth. It is possible to take buses, but this is not conducive to quick trips back to the room for a rest, or to pick up or drop off anything. I was in the Ranchos. The setting is that of a dry arroyo. I found the closer in areas, especially the Casitas, much more pleasant.

My room was adequate. One day it was not made up when I returned at 2:30 PM. I later called Housekeeping and it was taken care of.

The grounds are beautiful with lakes, bridges, lawns and palm trees. There are several swimming pools besides the main one, which is known as the Big Dig. The main activity area is nicely laid out. The Pepper Grill is the only restaurant for anything remotely reasonable. I was disappointed that the Marina, where boats and bicycles are available for rent, was closed for the season. I wasn't aware that there was any definable season at Disney.

The staff is pleasant and helpful. We used the concierge services on two occasions and found them very knowledgeable and helpful.

Disney bills the Coronado Springs as one of their moderate resorts. It fits the description well and I would recommend it to anyone who wants the convenience of staying in Disney.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

We stayed at csr during our spring break. End of Feb. beginning of March. Asked to be in Cabanas Close to the main building. That request was granted. We had a great time , the resort is beautiful. The weather wasn't that great though only got to go to the pool on the 2nd day and the last day. Our 2 kids loved it . Boy 11yrs and girl 6yrs. We were on the dining plan because I heard if you stay here the food is expensive. Yes sir it was but the portions were huge so we just split everything with the kids like we always do. Plenty to eat everytime we went there. Took our own small cooler to the pool with beer nobody seemed to care. I didn't see anyone taking drink or food orders at the pool if thats important to you. I had a massage one day at the (spa) I say that very loosely (I work in a spa) Not the most relaxing place,it.s just hooked on to their (gym). But if you have aches and pains it's fine. Overall its a great place, love the queen beds.

Dorset, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

We stayed here for 10 days - my husband and I, our younger son & his wife, and our oldest son. On check in, the Disney dining plan had not been added to our room, so we had to wait ages for that to be done. Our room was a long way from the main lobby and eating areas, which was a pain. Our bathroom was dirty upon arrival - filthy bath, with hairs in it, and also on the tiled surround - ugh! Our younger son & wife's room stank of smoke, despite it being a non-smoking resort (room 7542 - don't use that one unless you are a smoker!!). We complained about the dirty bathroom, and it was eventually cleaned. The smokey room was supposedly "cured" by housekeeping putting a machine in there (which they demanded back at 1 am in the morning when my son & daughter-in-law were asleep). Infact it did not cure it at all. The resort was very pretty and the lakes and surrounding areas were lovely. Also the pepper market food court was excellent, as was the Maya grill. Unfortunately, I would not return here, and neither would my family, because our experience with the rooms was so bad. We paid extra for a water view , and got a ground floor room near one of the quiet pools!!! We had assumed we would get a nice lake view. Not to be. The rooms we had were very tired looking, and there was no in room safe, although there was a fridge. The manager did make an effort to make amends (with an hour to go before we left), and ordered us a van to take us to the airport, which was fine, except that we already had the magical express (free) transfer, and we ended up tipping the van driver, so it actually cost us more money!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

We have stayed at this resort several times and it is really nice. It has a beautiful pool area resembling a Mayan Ruin with a water slide great for kids of all ages and a "dig site" the kids are sure to enjoy! The walk around the lake at dusk is gorgeous!
The main food court is the "Pepper Market". They have a variety of foods including lots of Mexican dishes, but also have pizza, chicken fingers, pasta etc. It is a bit on the expensive side especially for a family so be prepared! They also have a nice restaurant..the Maya Grill...and a revamped bar are that is great.
The hotel is very spread out so if you happen to get a room in one of the buildings farther away from the lobby it is a good walk. They do have bus stops around the buildings so that is quite convenient.
We love this resort!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!