“Mexican style” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #181 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Mexican style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a great hotel to stay at for one reason it is Mexican and Spain style this is nice :) and their food is very AWSOME!! It tastes amazing and their rooms smell good and feel spashes I think this hotel is a 5 star hotel it has good views and at night el control lights up over the water I think that is amazing I RELLY like this Mexican themed hotel

Room Tip: Have a room that lookes over el centrol
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (807)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our group of 9 stayed at Coronado Springs from May 29 to June 2, 2014. We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms, (we were in Cabana Building 8A,) while slightly small by current standards, were very nice and well appointed, very clean and quite comfortable. Really, is a fancy room necessary? For our trip, the only time we were in the room was to sleep or shower or change clothes. You don't go to Disney World to stay in a room. You go for the parks and the outdoor activities. Most every day, we started early, (8:30-9) and returned late (9 PM to 1:00 AM). The one day we got in early, (7ish,) we went to the big pool and swam till late. So, paying for a posh room would have been a waste for us. My belief on WDW is you go to run the parks till close. You don't go for a fancy room to only spend a few hours a day. My only complainant on the room, was it didn't have a nice sitting easy chair. Because of my back, I don't like sitting on a bed propped up. I would have liked a chair. But that isn't enough to downgrade the review. I will say, we really liked the beds. They were very comfortable. Someone we talked to, told us Coronado Springs had the best beds at WDW. I have no way to confirm that, but we found them very comfortable. We slept great.

The rooms were very very clean. The resort cleaned the rooms every day with new linens and bath towels etc. They worked hard to keep the place clean. And the grounds of the resort are just beautiful. They too are very clean. Walt Disney's rule of trash cans being about 30 steps from a person at any given time are pretty much carried over to the resorts and as such, they are very clean with beautiful grounds, lawns, ponds and other water features and blooming plants. It was like being in a garden.

The main builds are very nice and hold a great store, two sit-down restaurants, a cafeteria type restaurant and a snack shop/bakery. We used all of them and the food was quite good. The eateries and shop are a few minute walk from the rooms, but as someone else said...I averaged walking about 4.5 miles a day at each park (per my Jawbone UP fitness band) so walking 5 minutes to dinner and snacks isn't that outrageous. The grounds are so beautiful, I enjoyed the walk. The weather was great, with nice breezes, so I enjoyed the stroll. And, in each cabana building, there was a pop machine and an ice machine, so if I didn't feel like taking the walk, I could go there, and did. There are 4 bus stops at Coronado Springs where you catch a bus to each park, or the water parks, or Downtown Disney. And you could, if you want, ride the bus over to the building housing the restaurants if you wanted. Our room was only a couple hundred yards from the bus stop so that was very convenient.

I have done a WDW vacation staying off resort at a non-Disney condo and now have done WDW staying on their property, and I will never do WDW again without staying on premises. That makes the trip so much easier. Before, we had to rent a car to get from the airport to the accommodations, and then to drive to the parks. We had to drive ourselves to breakfast and/or dinner. And then back to the airport, turn in the car and make all our arrangements. By staying on property, we checked our bags here at our local airport. WDW sent us baggage tags that we affixed at home. Once we checked our bags at the local airport, we didn't have to fuss with them again. And when we got to our room, our bags were there waiting for us, in our room. When we left, we checked our bags at the Coronado Springs departure office there in the main building, and they handled the rest. The bags were waiting for us at the luggage carousel at our local airport when we got home. WDW picked us up at the airport, and took us to the resort. And they transported us from the resort to the airport. Additionally, we could catch a bus from our Cabana to each park, water park and Downtown Disney. It was just great. Never had to worry about driving or parking. That saves so much time an hassle. I loved this aspect. The main reason to stay on property. I will always stay on property.

We had a great time, and we loved Coronado Springs. It was a great, fun time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed here for vacation and it was an amazing resort. The cast members were friendly and the resort was very clean. They were able to help us with some issues that we had, in a fast and positive way (they didn't make it feel like we were bothering them). The outside of the resort is landscaped and looks very nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

this is great hotel for everything,good sevice,friendly,clean,im fell happy from here,we have free time here togerther,staff from hotel very friend,we will be back here with to many friend,we can shopping to manything near here,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
higginsville , mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were here May 30th to June 6th 2014. The rooms may be small to some but for wife, me and child it was fine. Some people will say it needs updates. It is not like brand new but still a ok room. The room was cleaned every day and they kept it clean as they could with all our stuff thrown around. They know that if its left laying out by us to leave it laying out. We stayed in Cabana 9A room 9104. It had a pool in front of out room that was a good size. There is also a large pool that in the middle of the resort that has a slide that is very large. We would stay again. We bought the meal plan that had one table service, one quick meal and one snack a day. We found out the best way for us to use this plan is as follows. Plan your day at what park you are going to and make a reservation for sit down lunch that has characters at it. Most of these are all you can eat buffets. Or the portions are very big. That will be billed to your plan as a table service. You will have to tip but that do not bother me when your going to have to do it at a non character dinner. Then go the resort and eat at the resort with a quick service. The food that comes on a quick service is very generous. You can order a large pizza for only two quick services and will feed three easy. For snacks we used them in the morning at the resort or parks. Used them for muffins or rolls for breakfast. We had more than enough to eat but we had a 10 year old so she did not need a large breakfast. I was always still full from lunch because we tried to eat lunch late 1:30 to 2:30. We felt that we got our moneys worth out of our meal plan.

Room Tip: Get cabana 9A there is a pool just for that cabana. It is close to the main part for restaurant so y...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We visited here in April for our fourth family holiday to Walt Disney world. We have never stayed at this resort before have always stayed at Caribbean beach or French quarter, however we were happily surprised with the fantastic views of the lake and cleanliness of the rooms and resort! I have seen a few people moaning about the size of the resort... It's a maximum 10 minutes walk from one size to the other... If you ask me... It's just lazy if you can't be bothered walking for 10 minutes from your room to the food court / reception area. You are in Disney... The size of the theme parks are massive... You will easily walk miles everyday so a 10 minute walk is nothing! There are three smaller pools and one larger pool area. Free towel hire around the pool. Maid service everyday. Fresh towels everyday. New shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion left daily. Beds changed every 2-3 days. Alarm clock, TV, table and chairs, ironing board and iron, hair dryer etc in room. Overall staff were fantastic! Can't fault anything - thank you for an amazing and magical holiday!

Stayed April 2014
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort April 27-May 3, 2014. I went with my two young children (2 and 7), sister, nephew and parents. Resort was quite large, but was very nicely landscaped. We loves the pool area withy the slides, enjoyed the little beach/sand area with hammocks and enjoyed walking around the eating area/reception/stores areas.

The room was probably a little smaller then we wanted, but overall it was nicely decorated and had all the amenities that we needed. My only complain would be the bathroom area, very tight between the toilet, door and shower ... being 6'5 made it that much more difficult to move around.

Would I go back to this resort, maybe in 10-15 years but I always like to try different resorts. We stayed at Port Orleans-French Quarter two years earlier. Disney is always amazing. Our family had so much fun going on the rides, eating the great meals and seeing the awesome shows. I will come back to Disney in a couple of years!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!