“Great Resort!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #188 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Great Resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We just stayed here three nights while attending a conference. We found the resort to be beautiful and accommodating. Our room was in Casitas #4 near the pool. We would not stay near the pool again as we found it to be loud and noisy late into the night. After experiencing a loud first night the second night it started to occur again and we contacted the desk who had security dispatched and the issue was resolved very quickly. The walk around the lake is quite nice and beautiful. I am not sure about the normal price point but for the conference was quite reasonable. For families coming from out of the area wanting to stay on property I would recommend the resort as there are many swimming pools, and other things fir the kids to do.......not to mention the wonderful transportation system that will deliver you to any of the parks and many other locations on property. Give it a try I think you will find it quite pleasurable. The Disney Magic never ceases to amaze me.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (924)
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am here until tomorrow, and I can tell you that it isn't soon enough!
I got into my room, and no one had cleaned it. The bed had been laid on and the garbage was not taken out. I called the desk at 9 p.m., and being tired from my flight, I asked for them to come to clean the next morning.
I left the room and came back at midnight. I went to bed, and housekeeping staff woke me up twice during the night to change my bed and take out my garbage. I received a modest credit of 75 dollars for the trouble of being woken up twice in the middle of the night. I asked that the disruptions stop and that they ensure that all will be well.
The next night is uninterrupted. The third night is another story.....
At 4:45 am, I am awoken by a large bang on the wall. 2 people are arguing and swearing at each other. I turn on my lights in the hopes they move, but the arguing and swearing continues. I call the desk but initially no one answers. After my second call, someone answers and I ask for security. The fighting stops for a while and ends with a very loud scream. Then nothing.
As a single traveller on a conference, not feel very safe in this resort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our family stayed at Coronado Springs for 6 days/5 nights with the Disney My Way Pkg. It was a great rate, too good to pass up. As a Moderate Disney Hotel this resort had everything I expected. The resort is very big, but I didn't feel as though it was overly spread out. The lake in which is surrounds is gorgeous and peaceful. The grounds were well kept and clean. The staff were friendly and attentive at check-in. Check-in was a breeze (as was check-out). The Convenient Store on-site has tons of stuff- souveniers, Milk, soda, beer, snacks, and OTC meds- it was great to be able to walk in and grab whatever we needed (especially when our son woke up with a runny nose!). We never ate at the Pepper Market, but did order Room Service for breakfast one morning. We also used the front desk to call a taxi for us, and they connected us with a taxi company right away. Very good customer service.

We were in Casitas Buliding 5. This building is a 3 minute walk to the Bus Stop #2 for the Disney Buses. TIP- this is the first stop for the pick-ups to the park and the first stop for the drop off. BOTH are pluses. The buses (just as advertised) ran every 15-20 minutes. We never waited long. Also not far from our building was a quiet pool (we have an almost 3 year old so didn't get to enjoy that), the "dig site" - a play ground type area for kids which our son loved, and the big pool.

The room was nice, clean, fairly recently updated (within last 10 years). We had a nice flat screen and two queen beds. The sheets and beds were very comfortable and the lighting was good. We didn't have a nice view- it was of the parking lot, but weren't concerned with that detail on a trip like this. The nice feature in these rooms- there's door that slide out to seperate the bedroom area from the bathroom/vanity area. This was great with the kid. A coffee maker (with Pods) was in the room as well. My husband said the coffee was decent. One day we were in the room napping during maids service and neede to grab more coffee. We called the front desk to notify them and had extra coffee delivered within 5 minutes!! Very impressive. As far as the TV goes, you won't be watching much of it, but they have a channel that just runs Disney Classic Shorts. My son LOVED this channel, it's all we watched...though my husband did browse several sports events that were on as well- good channel selection. The mini-fridge in the room was key. We used it for beer, soda, water, and milk. That is such a nice feature to have when bringing kids!! The convenient store sold half gallons of milk- which was perfect!! The only downside to the room was that it was an adjoining room. So at times, we could hear the children next door, who came in a lot later at night than we did. That could have been the door, or the kids, so hard to knock off points for that - especially at a Disney resort.

Overall, the resort was great. We had little to no complaints.

Room Tip: Looking to be close to transportation? Stay In Casitas Buildings 4 or 5. VERY close to Bus Stop #2 w...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I've been to disney almost every year since it opened in the 70's- and have watched it change over the years. My family now (older kids) have stayed in many different resorts on property- this was our least favorite. We paid about $185 a night during the 30% spring sale- Herr are my complaints- the rooms are all exterior corridors and have windows facing the walkway so u can never open the curtains to let light in. The woman at check in barely spoke English & didn't link our magic bands to our account, plus did not grant express check out. No late check outs. The resort is huge- must drive everywhere. The room had a weird odor. Not very magical in any way.

There are a few good things- the pool is beautiful, the rooms have sliding pocket doors to separate the bathroom area from the beds, the beds and linens are comfy.

Would I stay here again? Nope. Honestly for the cost there are much better vacation options. Disney has lost that magical touch :(

Stayed April 2014
Neptune, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The service was excellent, restaurant was great. We spent so much time at the parks, we pretty much didn't spend much free time here at all. When we did, the service was excellent though as is all of Disney, always aiming to make your stay magical.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 8 nights and loved every minute. From the second we stepped off the magical express we were greeted with help with our bags and showed to check in which was fast. Our room was in Ranchos and we were brought to our room by a very nice bellman. There was a bus stop and quiet pool close to our room that was never crowded. The resort is absolutely beautiful and everyone went out of their way to make our stay magical, always giving our daughter balloons, stickers, pictures ect, at checkout another pleasant bellman was happy to bring us to the magical express stop. If we are fortunate enough to return to Disney we will definitely stay at Coronado Springs!

• Stayed April 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is one of the midrange hotels that disney offers on their property. The grounds are well kept and is very pleasurable to just walk around. The rooms are nothing special but it doesnt really matter since we didnt spend much time in them. The food on the resort is very mediocre. I had an egg croisant from the buffet and it was displeasing. The best part about the hotel is the bus transportation to alll the parks. Though we may try another disney resort the transportation is worth staying any of disney's hotels.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!