Our family stayed at Coronado Springs for 6 days/5 nights with the Disney My Way Pkg. It was a great rate, too good to pass up. As a Moderate Disney Hotel this resort had everything I expected. The resort is very big, but I didn't feel as though it was overly spread out. The lake in which is surrounds is gorgeous and peaceful. The grounds were well kept and clean. The staff were friendly and attentive at check-in. Check-in was a breeze (as was check-out). The Convenient Store on-site has tons of stuff- souveniers, Milk, soda, beer, snacks, and OTC meds- it was great to be able to walk in and grab whatever we needed (especially when our son woke up with a runny nose!). We never ate at the Pepper Market, but did order Room Service for breakfast one morning. We also used the front desk to call a taxi for us, and they connected us with a taxi company right away. Very good customer service.
We were in Casitas Buliding 5. This building is a 3 minute walk to the Bus Stop #2 for the Disney Buses. TIP- this is the first stop for the pick-ups to the park and the first stop for the drop off. BOTH are pluses. The buses (just as advertised) ran every 15-20 minutes. We never waited long. Also not far from our building was a quiet pool (we have an almost 3 year old so didn't get to enjoy that), the "dig site" - a play ground type area for kids which our son loved, and the big pool.
The room was nice, clean, fairly recently updated (within last 10 years). We had a nice flat screen and two queen beds. The sheets and beds were very comfortable and the lighting was good. We didn't have a nice view- it was of the parking lot, but weren't concerned with that detail on a trip like this. The nice feature in these rooms- there's door that slide out to seperate the bedroom area from the bathroom/vanity area. This was great with the kid. A coffee maker (with Pods) was in the room as well. My husband said the coffee was decent. One day we were in the room napping during maids service and neede to grab more coffee. We called the front desk to notify them and had extra coffee delivered within 5 minutes!! Very impressive. As far as the TV goes, you won't be watching much of it, but they have a channel that just runs Disney Classic Shorts. My son LOVED this channel, it's all we watched...though my husband did browse several sports events that were on as well- good channel selection. The mini-fridge in the room was key. We used it for beer, soda, water, and milk. That is such a nice feature to have when bringing kids!! The convenient store sold half gallons of milk- which was perfect!! The only downside to the room was that it was an adjoining room. So at times, we could hear the children next door, who came in a lot later at night than we did. That could have been the door, or the kids, so hard to knock off points for that - especially at a Disney resort.
Overall, the resort was great. We had little to no complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a Southwest-themed Disney Moderate Resort hotel encircling Lago Dorado—a glimmering 22-acre lake—that evokes the spirit and romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico. Follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado as he searched for the legendary Seven Cities of Gold while you discover the beauty and fantasy of a unique Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando