My wife and I stayed here for a three night getaway and were very happy with the resort. I have a lot of good things to say about it.
Doing research...I read a lot of reviews saying that the walks to the rooms were horrible because the resort was soooo big. Yes...the resort is large. But what do you expect when there is a big, picturesque lake in the middle of it? I didn't find the walk bad at all. It's Disney, after all, and I expect to do a lot of walking when there. And if you want...they will give you a ride to or from your room. We called for a ride once...as my wife (who is pregnant) caught the flu bug and was so sick we thought it would be good to go to the hospital. The bellman came in a matter of minutes to give us a ride to the front of the complex.
The resort itself is very nice. There is a nice running or walking path around the lake. The pool is also very nice. There were a good amount of kids there...but it wasn't overwhelming. So if you're going there with only adults...you will be fine. The market restaurant in the lobby was great. It has a lot of different stations...so you can eat there every night and eat totally different meals each time. And the prices were very reasonable. One night I had a huge chef salad and it was like $10.
I can't speak highly enough about the people who work there. The lady who checked us in was nice and answered all questions...as did the concierge. There were two VERY sweet ladies in the market who gave me saltines and ginger ale when I was on a search to find something for my sick wife to stomach. The cleaning service ladies were also very nice when I asked for extra towels for my wife.
The bus transportation was also great. We stayed in a cabana room...and were a minute walk from bus stop #4. We never waited more than ten minutes to get the bus we were waiting for. One suggestion...if you're headed to the Boardwalk...take the bus to Disney Hollywood Studios. From there you can either walk along the river...or take a boat. It is much quicker and easier than taking a bus to Downtown Disney and then the Boardwalk (which we did!!). Also...the free Magical Express to and from the airport couldn't have gone smoother. My opinion...you have to factor the money in that you save by getting a free ride to/from the hotel when pricing out hotels.
The only bad thing about our stay (other than my wife getting sick)...were the beds. The bathroom was small and the rooms were a little dated. But really...we didn't plan to be in the room that much...just sleep and shower. You can have busy long days...so sleep is in important in Disney. But these beds were pretty bad. The pillows weren't much better.
This was a moderate resort...and also the first time that I have ever stayed on property at Disney. We walked around the Yacht and Beach Clubs and the Boardwalk Villas and they were awesome...with probably more comfortable beds. But the premium resorts like these simply weren't in our budget.
I will say that we will stay here again. Overall we were very happy with it. The grounds were very picturesque and the staff was very, very accommodating. I just wish they beds were a little more comfy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a Southwest-themed Disney Moderate Resort hotel encircling Lago Dorado—a glimmering 22-acre lake—that evokes the spirit and romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico. Follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado as he searched for the legendary Seven Cities of Gold while you discover the beauty and fantasy of a unique Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando