“They went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

You added Disney's Coronado Springs Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1000 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #179 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Middletown, Connecticut
“They went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We got off to a rocky start at check-in, as our 2 year old was sick and our room was not ready. We were traveling with a large group; however the rest of the crew was arriving several hours after us. We were told that none of the rooms were ready and we would be notified via text as soon as a room was available. We waited 2-3 hours and the rest of the crew arrived and were checked into their rooms immediately. What!? We had waited hours and were told no rooms were ready. We complained, as our daughter had been vomiting and needed a bath and a bed. Two cast members in particular, Al and Maggie took it upon themselves to make the rest of our stay magical. They got us into our room and sent our daughter a get well basket, which really made her day. They also checked in to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The rooms were clean and spacious. The food at the pepper market was very good and had a nice variety of options. The rest of our stay was great and all the staff seem to really enjoy their jobs and go out of their way to make guests feel welcome. I would definitely recommend Coronado Springs Resort.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

In October my wife and I had the pleasure of spending three days and nights at the Coronado Springs Resorts in Disney World. We're a Disney family, so spending time in the parks is something that we really enjoy. But getting to and from the parks can sometimes be tiring, even when staying inside the property.

The bus service from Coronado Springs was great. Whether we were going to Animal Kingdom or to Downtown Disney, the service was quick and efficient. For that reason along, folks should consider staying inside the park, especially the Coronado.

The hotel has a couple of places to eat. We passed on the pricier Maya Grill, but we heard good things about the food and the service. That said, Maya isn't that expensive compared to many of the places to eat in Downtown Disney.

We kept things simple eating at the hotel's Pepper Market for breakfast twice and dinner once. The meals were fine, but nothing special. The pancakes at breakfast tasted fine, while the bacon was probably cooked too much for most people. I enjoyed the crunch.

A hearty breakfast in the morning is best preceded by a good night's sleep and here the Coronado did a solid job. Although we were there when the Children's Miracle Network held its 30th anniversary gala, the music from the parties outside didn't make it though the walls of our room.

And since we weren't invited to the CMN's parties, the property's pools were a soothing way to relax after a tough day dodging fellow Disney-park enthusiasts.

Overall, I think that the Coronado is a great hotel to spend some time before and after a trip to Disney World.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is only a few steps from the lagoon. Wake up, grab a coffee and enjoy the morning...
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip in Block 3 area near the convention center on location. The room was nothing special but was very clean and up to Disney expectations. The one disappointing thing was that there was only one nice restaurant which was Mexican food, and then the cafeteria style restaurant serving made to order items like burgers, fries, salads, soups, sandwiches etc. There is one large main pool area with a waterslide and large hot tub. My room was near the smaller pool area. Overall it was a great resort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was at the Coronado Springs Resort this past week in Disney. The resort is very themed, aand shows a Mexican flair throughout. I was at the resort for a conference, and accompanied by my friend, who has arthritus, and some mobility issues.
We found the resort itself to be very relaxing.The lake has a lovely jogging path. Night time looked beautiful with lots of lights, etc. The pools were cool as well.
A couple of things to keep in mind...
1. The resort is HUGE which made Accessibllity Issues a bit more challenging.
2. The rooms may need an upgrade. They seemed a bit "tired" though that may not matter to most people due to the fact that most people don't spend much time in the rooms. This is Disney you know.
3. This is also a CONVENTION CENTER hotel, which means more adults than other Disney World Hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Williamstown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We booked this hotel because at the time of booking it was the only moderate resort available. We were traveling with 2 children, 2 & 6 in a preferred room and requested ground floor. We ended up in building 3 which was NOT close the bus stop or the food court so the extra money for the preferred room was a waste of money. The bus system was so slow that if you are traveling with children I would highly suggest renting a car. There are 4 stops within the resort which makes the traveling time even longer. The food court (Pepper Market) is a joke. They seat you and the waitress/waiter will get your drinks while you wait in long lines to get your food and when your done eating you have to wait AGAIN to check out. Then you are expected to tip, which I wouldn't mind if sitting at a restaurant. The refillable mugs are also limited. There is only 2 stations. 1 at the RIX which is open all the time and the other at the pool which is only open during pool hours and you have WAIT IN LINE to get refills. Long story short if you have little ones traveling with you do not book this hotel. You will be waiting too long for the buses, food and the walk to everything is too far. My best suggestion would be the POR FQ due to the size and food court. Like many other reviews this hotel does not feel like a Disney Resort and it sure doesn't provide the service like Disney.

Room Tip: Only book standard rooms-Preferred rooms are NOT worth the cost and still far from the bus and food...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hamden, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I honestly don't know what the rave is about this place other than the grounds which are actually very nice.

I booked the Coronado early in the year as I knew quite a few people who had stayed there and liked it a lot. I booked a preferred room with a king size bed for my honeymoon.

My husband and I arrived early in the day so that we could have the whole day to enjoy the parks. We were given a crummy room with 2 double beds on a first floor corner, right next to the pool. Not to mention, when I booked the reservation over the phone, it was noted in the reservation that we we would be celebrating our honeymoon. We didn't get a single congratulations during check-in.

When we went back to the check-in counter we waited about half an hour to speak to someone, who although was very nice and apologetic, could not do anything for us.

We found a manager to speak to separately, and after explaining we were on our honeymoon and not happy with the room, (still no congratulations, by the way), he was very unhelpful and said there was nothing they could do, and maybe we should stay at another resort.

After some time, he "magically" found another room for us. He was less than helpful to say the least, and clearly doesn't know anything about customer service.

Our new room was not ready for quite a few hours later and before we knew it we had wasted an entire day trying to sort out thesituation.

The room was old, poorly decorated, and not well-lit. There were no bed-side lamps, and the air conditioner did not seem to work properly. I've paid way less to stay in other hotels that were much nicer. For $230 a night, I expected a half decent room, and a congratulations on our marriage.

After many phone calls and an email to guest relations, I spoke to a manager who arranged balloons be put in our room, and "VIP" seating at Epcot's fireworks, which really is just an area roped off for a few select people, but nothing special.

I'm extremely disappointed in the Coronado and its complete lack of service. I cannot recommend that anyone stay here, especially if you are celebrating an occasion.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

There is four things you need to know before you book this resort:

1) This is a resort, a land with many buildings... You will have to walk, sometimes 5-7 minutes to get to the pool or the lobby. If you need your car to get to the convenience store at the corner of your street, this resort is not for you.

2) The room doors open ... To the outside of the building, Motel style. I am not a big fan since I hate bugs so I settled the problem by not allowing housekeeping during my stay (I was careful everytime I opened the door).

3) Theming is toned down but that doesn't mean there are no signs you're in Disney. There are mickey shapes on the bedding and around the mirror. There is also animal towels.

4) The bathroom need refurbishment but are still very clean.

Everything else is perfect. The room was perfectly clean when we got in. It was also bigger than expected. The beds were comfortable. The fridge was bigger than expected and worked perfectly. We had more more than enough space for our stuff. Wi-Fi was the best we had in all WDW.

The grounds are beautiful and so clean. The buildings are freshly painted. The landcape in each parts (casitas, ranchos, cabanas) is original and pretty. It's my fourth Disney Resort and I think Coronado has the best pool, so far. Also, funny thing, we used to think that the water was cold in every other resort, but not this one. The water was warm andwe could have stayed in the pool the whole day.

Staff was very nice and polite. The bus service was efficient except for that one day when it took 20 minutes to get a bus for Downtown Disney in the morning. Every other bus, we never waited more than 5 minutes.

Pepper Market does not charge gratuity (I guess it changed) anymore and although we preferred Café Rix for breakfast, we had a good experience for lunch.

Sorry, I don't understand the bad reviews about this resort at all! With the exception of the room doors (outside) motel style, everything else made me feel like I was in a Deluxe...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!