“Service was horrible, staff was rude” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

You added Disney's Coronado Springs Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1000 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #180 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
misssaigon111
“Service was horrible, staff was rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

Although a very beautiful resort, it wasn't enough to comepensate for the awful service we had. The very first night we arrived my family and I had a lot of luggage and were told that we would have to walk about 15 minutes to our room. No transportation or bell hop was offerred and it was irritating having to carry our luggage through the resort (of course being florida it was extremely humid that night as well so we were drenched by the time we finally reached our room). The next day when we visited the pepper market for dinner we were told we could take food back to our rooms or outside. After waiting in line for a food for a good half hour the server told me that they ran out of the ingredients for pizza I ordered (here I was thinking it was being prepared already) and was very impolite about it. I gave her an alternative and it was made about 15 min later. (of course she still charged me for the original pizza which was more expensive...) When we ordered another item from the pasta line my friend and I both told the man that it was to go. After being very unhelpful and rude about the order when it was finally brought out, it was on a ceramic plate and was in no condition to go. When my friend said that she thought she asked for it to go, the man got very upset and said sarcastically, "You wanted it to go???" She apoligized for the incovnience and he shoved the plate into her hand and then preceded to say, "wow, you sure have a lot of food." it was awful service and I would not reccomend anyone to stay there, especially when there are a lot of nicer and friendlier resorts in and near disney.

• Liked — The scenery
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,007)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

I reaaly don't understand the bad reviews that Coronado Springs sometimes receives.
All that I can say is Coronado Springs was perfect! The grounds are absolutely beautiful. The staff was fantastic. The food at the restaurants was delicious.
We've stayed at every moderate and deluxe hotel at Disney World and this hotel is our favorite! We can't wait to go back in November.
Check-in was a breeze. I love being greeted with a smile!
The Dig Site pool was really beautiful and the drinks were very good.

• Liked — The friendliness and efficiency of the staff.
  • Disliked — loved it all
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Lexington, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

My husband and I celebrated our first year anniversary at the Coronado Springs July 11-16 and were not overly impressed. My AAA agent requested a casita section for us. They accommodated this nicely, along with getting us in our room at 8:17 a.m. on the first day! This was really nice. However, our AAA agent specifically stated "1st Anniversary" on our reservation and the hotel did NOTHING to acknowledge this. I even had to ask for the special Disney anniversary pins on my own when they should have offered these at check-in. =(

We ended up having two rooms during our stay which I will explain later. Both were spacious and clean every day. Only one room had some mold on the shower curtain, but we were only in this room for one night. I was not impressed AT ALL with our housekeeper. In each room they state that a towel over the shower bar means you will use it again. I love this, so when the towels I put over the bar disappeared each day and new ones were left out I was really disappointed!!! On the second day I even wrote her a note asking her to leave the towels for reuse and asking her to bring me an envelope (which I also left $3 for) I was VERY UPSET to see the towels gone, fresh ones out, money taken, and no envelope. Pretty tacky if you ask me.

I strongly advise anyone who values more than 5 hours of sleep (especially in Disney World where you get so worn out!) to stay AWAY for the Casitas near the so-called "quiet pool" - what a joke! The pool rules state that it is open 24 hours for guests who are...ahem... QUIET! Not so! Children and adults were screaming, laughing, and carrying on until at least 1 a.m. every night we were there, and every night I had to call the front desk, and they had to get security to "handle it" which took upwards of 30 minutes each time. I suggest they keep a security officer at the "quiet pool" if they are going to keep it open 24 hours. Finally, on the second to last night, knowing we'd have a long drive home we asked for a different room for our last night. We were given a different room around the corner less than 30 feet from another pool and directly beside a tour group with rowdy teenagers from another country. I have no beef with tour groups, but respect others when you come in at 2 a.m.!! We didn't sleep well before the long drive the next day.

A note of advice, stay away from the outside bar near the main lobby. A simple vodka and cranberry juice is not on the menu, and cost me $9. You should also get to the bus stop with PLENTY of time to spare if you are going to or coming from Epcot. All busses to Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom took less than 10 minutes to arrive. We waited for 50 minutes for a bus to Epcot before another guest called the transportation service to find out where it was and we barely made our dinner reservation at Coral Reef. The next day at Epcot THREE busses pulled up to the Coronado Springs stop and dropped off guests but wouldn't pick any up and take them back to the hotel. This time we waited about 35 minutes. Not sure what the problem was...

On a happier note, the grounds are beautiful and well-kept. The fitness center is great - a nice variety of equipment! And I was happy they allowed us to check in so early the day we arrived, but have learned my lesson with the moderate resorts.

• Liked — early check-in
  • Disliked — Housekeeping! The NOT-quiet pool at night! Lack of enthusiasm by staff!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Our family of four (two kids under 9 yrs. old) recently stayed at Coronado Springs Resort and the experience can only be described as magical. While the room we stayed in wasn't elaborate, it was very clean and had everything we needed. To be honest, we were rarely there because the main pool with a water slide was so fabulous we couldn't get the kids away! The food was delicous and there were plenty of healthy options. We did the dining plan that Disney offers so we didn't have to concern ourselves too much with the cost since it was included--I highly recommend this option. The grounds of the resort are large and the walk to the pool, bus stops, and dining areas can be lengthy; however, the landscaping and ambience is wonderful. The staff was top notch Disney: friendly, informative, and fun. When we go back to Disney World next year, our kids practically insist that we stay there again. We're all homesick for Disney World and Coronado Springs Resort.

• Liked — Our family loved the awesome pool with water slide and life guards.
  • Disliked — The walk from our room to the pool and bus stop.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

My partner and I stayed in the Coronado in June and we loved it! Although the property is big it didn't bother us as it was nice to walk around the grounds. Staff were friendly and our rooms were cleaned everyday. Its a brilliant base for the Disney parks as they provide free transport and you get extra magic hours (this is only for people staying in Disney hotels). All in all I would recommend to anyone of any age.

I would recommend getting a pepper market cup. This allows free refills on soft drinks and coffee. Well worth it, saved us a small fortune!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — I can't honestly think of anything!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Slidell Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

July 8, 2008
We just got back from the Coronado Springs Resort Today and what a wonderful experience!!!!! We arrived on July 1, 2008 at around noon and our room was ready!! They let us check in and then we spent the rest of the day at downtown Disney. We were in Ranchos which was close to both of the pools. The big dig pool was awesome,waterslide was fun. Both my kids and husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Disney bus transportation was wonderful. You can take any bus from any stop and it will bring you to the hotel lobby. Food was great in both the Peppermarket and Maya. We especially enjoyed the Rix which had pasteries, sandwiches and drinks. Great place to use your snack and quick service entitlements if you are on the dining plan.
We loved every bit of the hotel. The grounds are well kept and service from everyone was superb. Our room was always cleaned early, towels refreshed and beds comfortable. Not noisy at all, even though the hotel was fiiled to capacity for July 4th.
I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Will I stay here again?
You bet ya' !!!!
MGR

• Liked — the big dig pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

My husband and I have stayed at a budget hotel at Disney World several years prior and the rooms at Coronado Springs were just the same. The complex was nicer but the rooms were no different! This year we are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I hope the rooms are bigger and nicer for the money!!!

• Liked — The hotel facilities were nice!!
  • Disliked — The size and the atmosphere of the room was no different than the budget hotels at Disney offer!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!