This is a great convention hotel and a wonderful resort to simply relax. I could have researched a bit more to get a better room location. Instead of blaming the resort, I take full responsibility. Shame on me for not upgrading to a preferred room! I think I would have enjoyed our stay even more. My kids did love the resort, but our walk to the main pool was very long (or maybe my feet were just shot). We stayed in Casitas 2. I believe if we stayed in Ranchos or even Casitas 5, my experience would have been a bit better. I loved the dark wood appointments to our room.
I did take my lack of research into consideration when creating this review. I loved our room location, except for the distance to the main pool. We were on the first floor facing the parking lot. What made this wonderful was the beautiful garden just outside our room. There are plenty of benches for relaxing and lush plants. I can't begin to explain how peaceful it was to just sit on the bench with my eyes closed and zone out for a few minutes. I had just survived a very rough spot at work, so this weekend trip with my children was exactly what I needed.
Keep in mind that prices for food are going to be a bit higher than normal Disney prices at this resort since many visitors are on per diem's with their companies. I have had nothing but wonderful experiences at the Pepper Market. It is a combination counter/table service restaurant. Select your food from one of the stations and then you are seated at a table. It was really nice not needing to get up from our seat to get a soda refill after a long day in the park. I believe that the Pepper Market provides a great value and there are plenty of choices for your family.
The main pool area is very scenic. We enjoyed watching the water on the replica Mayan pyramid. It made for some great pictures.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely!
Fast forward a bit to the recent Princess Half Marathon for a review on the convention facilities:
During past PHM's the expo has been held at the Wide World of Sports. I can't stand WWoS. I'm sure it is great for some events, but I thought it was kinda ridiculous to hold an expo so far away from, well, everything. I think the Coronado's convention facilities are fabulous for events like the expo. While at Disney for the race, we stayed at Old Key West. All car traffic to CSR was prohibited unless you were staying at CSR. At first, we thought this would be a problem, but it wasn't at all. Extra buses were set up for transportation to the convention center. I have to commend Disney - they are amazing with moving people and traffic. They did a wonderful job getting the traffic in and out of the resort. I was concerned on the size of the convention center compared to the 25,000+ participants. Packet pickup was simply magical. I literally waited for about 5 minutes and had my packet. I normally can't stand the expo at all, but this was quite tolerable. It was also nice that we could walk down a corridor and have a bite to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a Southwest-themed Disney Moderate Resort hotel encircling Lago Dorado—a glimmering 22-acre lake—that evokes the spirit and romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico. Follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado as he searched for the legendary Seven Cities of Gold while you discover the beauty and fantasy of a unique Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando