“Dirty Disney resort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

You added Disney's Coronado Springs Resort to your Saves list
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1000 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #178 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Dirty Disney resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went for a trade show our room was to double beds requested a king, we called the front desk waited 30 minutes had to call the front desk again. Spoke with management they said they had no other rooms available so we told them to find us accommodations at another resort we weren't going to stay in a room that had cobwebs on the wall and that the bed was to short for my boyfriend. They switched us to a handicap king size room there were dead bugs in the light fixtures and the mattress was on the floor no boxpring. The ac didn't work well either. I spoke with other attendees their rooms were not that great either. The pepper market restaurant everything was ala cart so you had to go from food station to food station and get your card stamped so by the time you got back to the table the food was cold. The Mayan restaurant was delicious but was only open at night. The outside bar was nice but there was bird poo everywhere. Cast members were friendly. The set up of the resort is awkward and rooms are hard to find as well as the elevators. Parking stinks you have assigned parking and our space was no where near the room so we had to lug all out stuff there was no assistance or luggage carts to help. Very disappointing for a Disney property. Our shows are held at properties in Orlando every year this one I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,009)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A friend of mine had to attend a conference at this resort, and I was lucky enough to tag along. Overall, I found the resort to be a bit cheesy -- pink and turquoise everywhere. It almost made had a Miami Vice feel to it, although I know they are just trying to make it seem like Mexico. I did think the rooms were tastefully decorated, however, and especially LOVED the bed. I definitely slept great each night. The resort is a big large, but that is pretty standard for Disney, and I didn't find it too overwhelming. We didn't use the pool, although I heard several kids raving about the water slide. I found most of the resort to be extremely friendly, and overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here with our 1-year old daughter for the Disney marathon. This was my first runDisney event, and my first time at Disney in about 20 years. Staying at a Disney resort (like this one) for a runDisney event is a MUST! Getting around was a no-brainer, the shuttle buses went everywhere, and were very clearly marked.

The staff at the CS was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about EVERY SINGLE aspect of all things Disney. We requested a crib for our room, and were given one with no problem. We stayed in one of the Ranchos, and even if the room was a little snug, we were still very comfortable.

I recommend this resort. I would stay there again, no doubt. I found it to be a great value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate Disney hotel. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. Most rooms have 2 queen beds. The resort is huge and has a pool with a small water slide, beach volleyball and an arcade. The resort has a large convention hall so a significant portion of the guests are adults attending a convention. As oppose to other Disney hotels, there are not a lot of children running around the resort. We stayed at the Art of Animation on our last trip and I prefer Coronado Springs over Art of Animation. The rooms are much bigger, the beds are much more comfortable and the buses were not as crowded. If you are looking for a tranquil, comfortable hotel then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am a single parent since my children were toddlers. I worked 2 jobs to continue to live in our home, and pay the bills/taxes. . I rarely took time off work, and a vacation was out of the question. When my children were small, we were invited to my family's cottages up north for the day. That was a nice break for us. When my children became of age, I made sure they went on a vacation with their friends, and I tried to help out were I could.

A surprise get-a-way holiday was booked and paid for in advance by my daughters, who accompanied me. We stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort in Disneyworld, Florida. One word to describe my 2 week stay........Paradise ! It was gorgeous ! The Terra Cotta and turquoise/fushia colour scheme was absolutely beautiful. I was never treated so special before - I was quite touched. We had the Free Dinner Plan from Disney. There was so much food left over, we would store it in the small fridge in our room. The staff were most helpful for our daily schedule planning and they were very professional. The housekeeping department kept our rooms neat and tidy, and were always given extra towels, soaps, coffee, etc....so we did our beds for them ! LOL

The courtesy shuttle bus picked us up daily at our door to drive us to the Monorail for the different Theme Parks. We didn't have to wait long for the next pick up/drop off time.

Everything was SO WELL ORGANIZED !

I will return again.

p.s By the end of our holiday, our fridge was packed with tastey left-overs for us to eat during our off time. My advice......get the Free Dinner Plan.....it was well worth it ! YUM !

Room Tip: It didn't really matter....we were never in our room long enough to notice the outside.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oak Grove, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love staying here. We try to come yearly. This resort does cater more to convention travelers and business people, but the good thing about that is those people are busy during the day, which leaves the pool and grounds almost absent of people. We get to enjoy the pool with no crowds. We tried staying at other places but always come back to this one. Actually we had rooms at animal kingdom, but I thought it was dark and crowded and the room small, so we checked at and went Coronado Springs. We love how it is sprawled out over many acres, and you are not on top of each other. The resort is pretty inside and outside the landscaping is very lovely. We prefer the cabanas, and being close to the hammocks, which is a must do while there. We like the ranches but it is a long walk to the main area for restaurants, shops, and bar. We love that there is 3 quiet pools. We do not like the casitas area, as it is not as spread out. All parts are pretty though. And wherever you stay, walk around the whole property as it is all very nicely landscaped, and has great places to take pictures. Rooms are not huge but about the size of a regular hotel room. Microwave and fridge helps save money. Bathrooms are nice, and you can close off area with sink so you can dress in private, if needed. Always enjoy our time here. We always rent a car, but buses come there to take you to the parks. The staff is always friendly. Never had a bad experience here and we have been coming here since it opened. (Want to guess since 99 for this resort)

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice because you get more light in the room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
São Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was my second time in a Disney hotel. Coronado Springs is a good hotel, with nice staff.
But our room was not that clean. The carpet was very dirty.
Besides that, we had a small incident with our room. Someone at the resort left a package at our room and forgot the door completely opened...
But in the end it is a nice value for all it offers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort? Share your experiences!