“a great option for adults and couples” 4 of 5 stars

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1000 W Buena Vista Dr, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #180 of 327 hotels in Orlando
New York
“a great option for adults and couples”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed at Coronado Spring Resort for a Convention, I have stayed at other Disney properties and was a little overwhelmed by Crowds in the Pool and dining areas. It was not the case at the Coronado , from the decor to the areas ,grounds and spaces the whole property invites to a SIESTA!! The staff was professional and friendly. My husband and I loved it . and it was also convenient for my work time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

3,313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (789)
Seymour CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

i have stayed at many hotels and many in Disney Resorts and this by far was the worst ever. i have never seen such a terrible lay out of a property. You have to walk miles for what ever you wish. Once we checked in we had to walk over a mile to our room and with luggage this was a tough task.the rooms are very small and not updated at all. The rooms need a good deep cleaning and the carpets need to be changed. the maids were very rude as well not even a hello when you see them. the people at the front desk could care less of any problems you have as well. they could use customer service classes There are plenty of outlets in the room but only one worked. in there food court area that is also very small has a very small selection and very rude employees. not a thank you was said. the list could go on and on. I do have positive the pool was fantastic the children really enjoyed it. the activiteis were a nice touch. This hotel needs a of work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rush, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We opted for the Coronado Springs because it was a convention hotel and I assumed that it was going to be classy and get us away from the Disney theme for a little bit. The grounds of this resort were beautiful, the pool was also excellent. The room however was very disappointing and not worth the price. The bed was very uncomfortable, the mattress must have been very old. The pillows were not standard size they were very small. Above the beds were nice light fixtures which had dead bugs in them the entire stay. The same hair that was on the door inside the bathroom upon our arrival was still there when we left. The carpets seem in need of cleaning, the inside of the dresser drawers were also dirty. Our room was located in a perfect spot (building 8) close to the pools, close to the bus stop and a short walk to the main lobby, the walking didn't bother us, my poor rating is bases mainly on the cleanliness of the room.

Stevensville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

It had been over 10 years since we had been to a Disney Resort and may I say a lot has change. I have always praised the outstanding service that Disney had and was famous for. On this trip we were greeted to rude maids who wanted to clean the room while we were still dressing and then became upset when we asked her to come back later. There were also some quality control issues that were surprising like very slick walkways from the soap mixture they had used, no warning signs that the area was wet, and some dangerous pot holes in the walkways to the bus stop. For the price that a Disney vacation cost I excepted better.

collierville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I exercise every morning and walk or elliptical every day, so don't picture a wheezing fatty who objects to some exercise.

First, the two stars is solely because the staff was great. Everyone was nice. Everyone lived up to the Disney standards. So much so that I almost hate to write the rest of this.

After a day of tromping around the parks and getting blisters, then the twenty minute standing room only bus ride to get back to Coronado, you can look forward to a possible half-mile hike back to your room. And if you want a snack or something? Yeah, same thing.

And no, none of the golf-cart guys are going to pick you up. If they ever did, they don't anymore.

The Pepper Market and Rix food is gross kiddie-food. Cheap in quality but not in price. Is it too much to ask that if you're paying to stay at a nearly $200 a night resort we can't have some quality food? Something besides pizza and soft-serve or greasy fried/grilled stuff. Go eat the breakfast at the Dolphins Fresh Mediterranean place to see what I mean. That place has fresh juicing (green and/or fruit!) omelets to order, coffee pot set on your table, Oatmeal bar!, and more.

Maya Grill is just a shame. What they could have if they brought in a real Mexico City chef who cared about quality ingredients, banned sour cream.... But no, It's the same icky faux-mexican food you'd avoid back home, complete with that culinary cop-out known as "spanish rice", except you're eating it in a beautiful place. The contrast is stunning. Save your money.

Don't plan on the quiet pool actually being quiet. People will bring their children there and allow them to scream and get in your space just like everywhere else at WDW.

For your own sake, don't ignore the "...and Convention Center" part of the title. At 2 a.m. and on I was awakened by screaming, laughing people outside my room as they streamed out of some dance to their cars. And I was on the other side of the lake from the convention center.

This is a value resort that LOOKS like a moderate. The grounds are beautiful. The room wasn't awful, though the mattress was curved into a bowl on one side from use.

Either save the money and just stay at a resort that's actually labeled "Value", or pony up and do a Deluxe. Avoid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New Carlisle, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Coronado Springs was a fun, family environment. 2 different pools - one for kids and one for adults. Lots of poolside activities for kids during the day. Beautiful lagoon in the middle. Make sure to wait at bus station 2 when loading to go to the parks. It is the first one to load and unload so you'll always have a sit! The first stop is overly crowded and you may have to wait 30+ min for a bus. The breakfast buffet is a must! As well as the travel mugs. Free refills during your entire stay!

• Stayed May 2012
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We recently had the chance to stay at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort while attending Florida Hospital's Golden Gala, a fundraiser benefiting the Florida Hospital Foundation. This was our second stay at the hotel, the prior being about 3 years ago, for a conference.

I wish I could say I was impressed; but, honestly I don't understand the whole Disney mistique. Disney's Imagineers are very good at designing venues that get people through a queue as quickly as possible; and, separating those same people from their hard-earned money. But, beyond that, there isn't much "magical" happening as far as I can see.

For example, at check-in, I parked the car under the porte cochere as you would at any other hotel. I proceeded the football-field distance to the check-in, waiting in the queue; and, was promptly and quickly checked-in. I was provided a mountain of informational papers; and, sent on my way. When I came out, my wife told me that the valet suggested she move the car, or he would have to move it for her (if I wasn't back in 5 minutes.) Where was I supposed to park? Oh, over where it clarly states 30-minute parking... how could I have missed that?

Then, we proceed to our "premium" room, which was located in Cabana 1, right next to the event -- SUPER! Well, since all the employees working the gala had already filled up the parking spaces for Cabanas 1, 2, 3, and 4; I had to park at Cabana 5 after dropping my family off in front of Cabana 1. Hikiing back more than 1/4 mile to my room (NIke app on the iPhone), I was less than impressed. The woman in the Range Rover screaming at the parking attendendant about the parking fiasco didn't help either.

Now, don't let the name throw you, the cabana isn't a small hut at all. In fact, it is a large tenement (a large residential building) with dozens of rooms on multiple floors. And, the cabanas are spread out over a vast complex encircling the lake. My sole memory of our last stay is how sore my legs and feet were walking back-and-forth to the convention center. I relived that memory on this occassion.

As for the rooms, they are quite small by today's standards; and, the bathrooms are especially small... our's was equipped with a handicap access door; and, it barely cleared the commode and the bath! The one good thing about the bath is the generous bench for showering and toiletries. Climate control was very nice, despite the control button being broken. However, we were able to "MacGyver" it with a ball point pen! Despite the small size, we were quite comfortable, as the rooms were very clean; and, very well-maintained. The mattresses were just right; and, despite heavy foot traffic outside, the rooms were very quiet.

The staff was friendly, with a fond greeting from every "cast member." However, as you would expect, the food is outrageously priced --- $3 for a soda in the vending machine; amost $4 for a "large" coffee that I don't think measures 16 ounces; nearly $5 for a croissant; and, nearly $7 for a "personal" pizza that is barely a hand's-breadth in size.

The best advce I can offer is for any visitor to enjoy the theme parks as much as they can. But, stay at the less-expensive properties available to "guests" as you won't be in the room that much.

Room Tip: Bring your running shoes, as getting around Disney's Coronado Springs Resort requires a lot of w...