We recently stayed at Disney's Coronado Springs in September 2012. First, let me highly encourage visits in September. The weather was still very summer like (swimming etc were great!), but the crowd levels were amazingly low since most of the schools were back in session. It was a great time of year for couples/adults only trip to visit the mouse and his friends.
I have stayed at Disney World before at the Polynesian resort, and I understand that this was a moderate-grade hotel versus deluxe. Nevertheless there were a few things that I thought Disney could do better, regardless of this Moderate status.
First and foremost, the toilet paper was absolutely TERRIBLE. It was one ply paper-thin and rough, rough, rough. The toilet paper in the parks was better! Next time, I'm going to bring my own roll from home (if i stay at a moderate in the future).
Second, the linens on the bed were not very soft. I think they could use to upgrade the sheets just a step.
Third, the food at the Pepper Market was not good, especially at breakfast. Yes, it is a good value (Quick Serve credit for a buffet) but the food didn't seem hot and fresh like the other Disney buffets. I just felt that the Pepper Market did not live up to the Disney standard of excellence.
Fourth, the staff at the front desk weren't very friendly. I requested a room in building 1 or 3 (we paid for preferred location), and they put us in the furthest room in building 1 (basically in building 2) with a parking lot view. NO, they didn't do anything wrong, they gave me the building that I requested with the room type I reserved. However, I think, being September, that they could have accomodated me a little better since the resort wasn't full and I was paying for the top category (non-suite). Maybe
Now to the good parts of the hotel: Excellent Pool, Excellent Theming, Clean Room, Updated room, Comforters with duvets
If I had to choose between staying at the Polynesian once every five years or Coronado every other year, I'd probably stay at Coronado again. However, I'm really going to try to find a good discount on the deluxes (or if Disney isn't running a special, I'd try for the Swan/Dolphin). I just enjoyed the atmosphere at the Polynesian, I was a big skeptic after we stayed at the Poly (and were reserving our latest trip at Coronado). I thought that there was no way that the deluxes were worth that much more $$. I now believe that they are worth it, and you get what you pay for. But, the Coronado was very nice, so I'd definitely consider staying at a moderate again if the $$ wasn't available, etc. Just remember to bring yourself a roll of toilet paper from home, and demand a different room if they try to put you out in yonders-ville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a Southwest-themed Disney Moderate Resort hotel encircling Lago Dorado—a glimmering 22-acre lake—that evokes the spirit and romance of Spanish-colonial Mexico. Follow in the footsteps of explorer Don Francisco de Coronado as he searched for the legendary Seven Cities of Gold while you discover the beauty and fantasy of a unique Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Coronado Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Coronado Springs Hotel Orlando
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Resort
- Disneys Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney Coronado Springs Hotel
- Disneys Coronado Springs Hotel
- Coronado Hotel Orlando