My Mom, friend, cousin and I stayed for 9 nights at the POFQ from 8/30-9/8/08. We arrived by Magical Express. No glitches there. We had a minimal wait to do a pre-check-in around 9am. We were told to call a number on a card to verify our rooms were ready after 3pm. We had connecting rooms in Building 5 on the bottom floor. We were very happy to have the bottom floor by the end of the trip! We loved the pool area and the slide! I loved watching all the adults on the slide with us! We never had any trouble getting a chair. Great place to go mid-day to relax.
We had a great time at the parks. The buses ran pretty smoothly. We usually had to wait the longest at Magic Kingdom..but the longest wait we ever had was 20 min after fireworks. We even had a bus to ourselves one night and the bus driver gave us trivia and fun facts on our way home! That was neat!
We also decided to partake in the Bippity Boppity Boutique one night before the "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party". Be sure if you go to this to dress up! Makes it more fun! :)
We liked that the food court was open late every night. The food was ok enough. Nothing spectacular. We did eat at Riverside's sit-down dining room one night. Very delicious. The best meal we had though was at Cinderella's Royal Table. Hands down the best dessert we had in WDW. We did make use of the riverboat 2x. Once from DTD to our hotel and the 2nd time from Riverside to the FQ.
The one thing that really grated on us for the resort was the awful wait times for the front desk. We experienced on several ocassions where we had to wait over 20 min or so to be helped. We were the 2nd or next in line even. We did have great maid service. The gal servicing our rooms was very pleasant and accommodating. She left us several towel animals which she told us we were welcome to take any/all of them home with us!
The AC in the room worked beyond super well...and the ceiling fan kept us super chilly! We loved how comfy the beds were! We also loved having two sinks and the curtain to make a little dressing area.
We used a grocery delivery company to deliver water and other things the day we arrived so that we could eat bagels/bananas in our rooms in the morning along w/ taking cold water with us every morning.
We also noticed that due to Fall Advantage starting in the parks there were new cast members all over the place that couldn't help us with our questions etc. We didn't even get any that would go the extra mile and tell us where to go for help for someone else. We also noticed there were a lot of rude and impolite service employees and cast members in FL compared to what we were used to in CA-Disneyland.
We took two tours while we were there as well. If you get the chance be sure to try both the Segway Around the World at Epcot and the Keys to the Magic Kingdom at MK. Both fun and interesting.
If there are any birthdays or 1st timers in your group be sure to get a button. We had 2 birthdays in our group and both of the girls got an extra dessert and even a Fast Pass once just b/c it was their birthday! One random guest even stopped my cousin to give her a Mickey Dollar b/c it was her birthday!
We had a great time at the POFQ. The size and location worked out well for all of us. If we decide to go to WDW again we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is inspired by the romance and pageantry of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans, and where every day is a celebration. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring world of delicious Cajun food, jazz music and dazzling parades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel