“Great Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter

Save Saved
You added Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter to your Saves list
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2201 Orleans Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Port Orleans Resort)   |
Ranked #41 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Panama City, Florida
“Great Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed at POFQ for four nights - excellent customer service. Enjoyed amenities - including, tram service to parks. Will stay there again. Smaller than other properties, which is enjoyable. Good choices in food court for our tastes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

3,126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
High Ridge, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We just returned from Disney where we stayed 6 nights at POFQ. I absolutely love this resort! It is the perfect location for traveling to other Disney properties and parks. Because it is a small resort the transportation lines are always short. We never had to wait for a second bus to arrive. The property and rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, the food court had a nice variety, and the pool was the perfect size to keep an eye on your children. I don't think I will stay at another Disney property after having such a great stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
INDIANA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Port Orleans French Quarter is one of, if not the smallest resorts on Disney property. This is it's appeal. It's small and quaint with the feel of New Orleans. The rooms are a bit small but you're not in them much anyways. It has one food court with pretty decent options including fresh fruits, baked goodies and numerous full meals and salads. There's a nice pool area and outdoor pool bar where we watched an IU basketball game. Staff are very friendly. Only one bus stop which is just a few minutes walk from your rooms which is wonderful. There's a small gift shop that has gifts and drinks and snacks. If you buy in the park have them send your stuff to your gift shop so you don't have to carry around all day:) I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have just arrived back from my fourth stay at POFQ, the location is wonderful and so is the atmosphere, which are the main reasons I return.
However a couple of negatives.
I travel alone, so why do they always allocate me a room as far as possible from everything? I'm out until very late and don't want to be walking alone to the far reaches even though Disney is a safe place to stay. I always have to ask for a room closer to the transportation and main building and shock horror, they always find me one. This year I even requested a room via the online check in close to transportation and still didn't get one. BTW, if you have a room facing the parking lot in the area of my room 4125, then be prepared to be woken throughout the night by lorries reversing in making deliveries or whatever they are doing (4.15am every morning guaranteed and at other times on top) Disney need to soundproof this section for the comfort of their guests.
The Mousekeeping is poor, my room hadn't been dusted properly at all and there was a thick layer on top of a shelf in my room, the bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned either before my arrival. Getting the coffee replenished was a hit or miss thing, there was no regularity on how much was left. The room was not vacuumed once during my entire visit, and I don't think it was dusted either after I had wiped a lot of dust away unacceptable over two weeks.
The food court seems to have gone downhill, I ate there a couple of times in the evening and the food was far too overseasoned, too salty to the point of inedible and the pancakes at breakfast were overcooked and waffles left hanging around too long under lights.
The staff, however,on the whole were lovely and because of it's location to the parks and the general atmosphere I will return, but, will call ahead of time about my room location, building 3 has always been good. I will also bring a duster and anti bacterial wipes instead of leaving a tip for the mousekeeper.
I did use Garden Grocer this trip and will be using them again to save on the cost of breakfast, snacks and drinks next time.

Room Tip: The rooms on the same section as 4125 are noisy from overnight traffic and deliveries, avoid at all...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have stayed at a number of Disney properties, but Port Orleans French Quarter now ties with Animal Kingdom Lodge for being our favorite. Clean, comfortable rooms, large pool for adults and kids, running/walking paths along the river, perfect location (The boat to Downtown Disney is fun and all the parks are a quick bus ride away) and the price can't be beat, but the BEST experience comes from the staff. Front desk efficient and friendly, concierge service outstanding (all the best to Al!!), restaurant staff are helpful (the beignet maker had a great sense of humor) and the maintenance/grounds crew were super friendly to everyone (e.g. "How is your stay so far?" "Where are you visiting from?"). Love the door man too :D
There is no question that this will be our go-to property (unless we want to splurge at Animal Kingdom).

Room Tip: October is a perfect time to be at Disney - the weather is nice, attendance at the parks are minimal...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The vacation trip that we waited a long time to take as a family was made enjoyable by staying at the POFQ. Our 2 children are teens, so kid friendly features did not apply to us. The bus service was fast 95% of the time. No complaints. In fact, when we got to the park and discovered that my son's wallet was missing, the driver radioed back to the hotel transportation agent, who met us back at the stop. Turns out the wallet fell out of his pocket at the stop, turned into the hotel by one of the guests. Grateful for the honesty, and all the help from all of the hotel staff.

Concierge got us a cab real fast when we discovered that we miscalculated our dinner reservation at Chef Mickey's. Guest services also helped with this. Basically, these staffs see hundreds of people every day, and still give full effort for any glitch that comes up. It is after all, a vacation, But stuff happens anyway, and the extra help and service is what makes a difference.

As for the room, very nice, maid service kept it well tended. TV channel choices limited, but after one day, didn't bother using it at all, which really was better, made the stay a vacation,not a family room experience. Pool was usable basically all hours, the hot tub was a great way to relax sore feet when coming back after late night at park.

Restaurant quality was fine, little short on choices, my 16 yr old daughter loves mac and cheese, on kiddie menu only, but they had no trouble selling it to her anyway. Portion size was big enough for her.Can be really crowded in morning, so eat early or in the room. We had cereal, milk (bought at gift shop...don't look at price unless you want to cry) in the room. Got us out faster in the AM that way.

My tip for those staying a week like us is to pack 4 days of clothes, use the washers by the pool mid week to get a fresh set of clothes. We packed 4 carry-ons for 4 people, and had plenty of space to bring snacks down, and Disney stuff back. No airline baggage fees, or baggage claim waits that way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
West Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We just returned from a 10 night trip where we stayed at the French Quarter. This is our second time at this resort. There is so much to love about this property. Beautiful landscaping, a wonderful pool, an easy 15 minute relaxing boat ride to Downtown Disney, and a small layout. This is the smallest of all of the Moderate Resorts, and if you have a car parking is easy and convenient. We have stayed at Pop Century before and disliked the vastness of the resort and the great distance of rooms from central areas and parking.
The food court is okay. Nothing spectacular, but it's not bad either. The pool area is wonderful for younger kids. The slide is gentle and not scary at all. The pool is large and mostly uncrowded. Older children and teens might find the slide to be too babyish, but my kids 10 and younger loved it.
The rooms are a good size and my husband and I as well as our two older boys and two year old son were comfortable enough. Our room was always clean and the grounds were well kept as well.
Transportation was pretty good. There's only one stop for buses at this resort which is a real perk. We sometimes had to wait 30 minutes for a bus to the Magic Kingdom and bus lines seemed unreasonably long some mornings, but it was still manageable. At a busier time of year it might be a problem.
Our family is outgrowing this resort (once my youngest turns 3 we will no longer fit in a single room), but we would definitely return again.

Room Tip: We like rooms on the third floor in buildings 1, 3 or 7 because it's a very quiet location.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!