“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter

You added Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter to your Saves list
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2201 Orleans Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Port Orleans Resort)   |
Ranked #39 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was worried based on some of the negative reviews (and our last stay was at the Grand Floridian!) and found that our experience was better than expected! The room was clean, bright and quiet. We had a third floor, corner room which we requested. The furniture and bathroom fixtures were in tip-top shape. We left a tip for the maid each day and our room was sparkling when we returned from the parks each day. The grounds and buildings are beautiful, lush and looking very New Orleans-like.

The pool was terrific! Our six year old son had a great time on the dragon slide and was perfectly content to swim in this pool every single day. We never participated in the poolside games but the counselors and lifeguards are just top-notch, as everything is at Disney. I want to especially single out the lifeguards who are completely professional and take their jobs very seriously. While the bigger pool with the bigger slide at Riverside was available, we were a short walk from the pool and were very happy there.

The food court at French Quarter was the only thing that seemed at all "moderate." As we stayed at the Grand Floridian last year, the food court there was pretty similar. They are quick service restaurants where you sometimes have to wipe your own table. The only thing I didn't love about this hotel were the giant masks in the food court. My son asked what they were and I had a really hard time explaining giant masks. With so many maginificent restaurant options at Disney, I hate to relegate myself to the food court at the hotel. That said, the one at Riverside is much nicer, with the huge water wheel, and less fast food options.

Finally, the jazz singer plays in the bar but the stage is open so if you sit in the lobby you can hear him sing as well. He sings and plays Neil Diamond and other sing-along songs that were a lot of fun but also available if you didn't want to spend time in the bar. I like to visit all the hotels and I found Port Orleans - French Quarter an exceptional choice for a moderate hotel.

Room Tip: The top floor was nearly silent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (855)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Letterkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for our honeymoon. Had a corner room, a reasonable size, in a block close to all the amenities the hotel had to offer. Good shower in the room, although some would probably find the bathroom a little small. Service in all quarters was excellent. Food was available from a good-sized food court which served a reasonable selection at a good price - you will need to venture elsewhere if you are looking for a sit-down meal with service. Happily, the Port Orleans Riverside resort is only a 5-10 minute walk along the river - this resort is about 3 times the size of French Quarter, but you can use all the facilities within it, including a very nice restaurant.
A good swimming pool, well attended by life guards & a hot tub are available for use.
The max ride time ton the bus to any of the Disney resorts is about 15 minutes. Downtown Disney can be visited using the riverboat service, weather permitting.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if available - extra window to brighten the room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a vacation. Stayed here with 2 young kids. The resort is very clean. Great staff. Good food service. We loved the beignets, chicken quesadilla, shrimp po- boy. I was afraid about the food quality and coffee after reading some of the reviews, but I am glad those reviewed turned out to be wrong. I wish the pool was heated. The too was smallish but when u have to spend the day at the park, I don't think it really matters. Staff was very friendly except the airline checkout desk lady called Amanda. She was very rude. Although
I don't believe she was an airline employee, so can't blame Disney for that. All in all a great 10th anniversary trip. Kids lo Ed the resort. It's small , very easy to get around. The laundry service was great. With $2 each for wash and dry, it was good. They even had detergent and they weren't trying to rip you off with prices. Will definitely stay here again. The boat ride to downtown disney was beautiful. The gift shop was good, too. They have a good selection despite what any reviewer says. So of u want good service, clean intimate resort, good food stay at port orleans French quarter.

• Stayed March 2013
Tappahannock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I don't really buy into the whole New Orleans theme, or at least I did not before my visit to Port Orleans French Quarter. My wife and two daughters (14 and 11) signed up for a week at this Disney resort, which is considered one of Disney's moderate resorts. We don't spend much time in the room, so we don't want to spend as much as we would at one of the higher end resorts. When I signed up for a vacation at WDW, the French Quarter was one of the few rooms left because it was Spring Break week and the resort was quickly filling up. Anyhow, after I made the reservations, I was surprised to read such good reviews on tripadvisor and in the unofficial guide to WDW. I still was not sold though.

After the first couple of days, I found this place to be my new favorite moderate resort at Disney. The building colors are appealing, the layout of the place is appealing, it has very clean rooms, it has a very good casual dining area and the pool was good enough (best for small kids). You can walk to a pool at the adjoining resort if you want something geared towards older kids/adults.

I found the staff to be exemplary and really could not find much fault. There are small things that might be improved upon, but considering how many things are done well at this resort, I won't even mention them. Some reviewers fussed about the Jet-like toilets waking them up, and they are right about the noise. However, we always get up very early at WDW, so those noises never woke us up and I never really heard the noises during the day or evening either. We are early risers at WDW, so maybe we made noise in the morning. We were also on the third floor, which may have made a difference.

If we go back again, we will seek a room at Port Orleans French Quarter. Kudos to Management and staff alike!

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just got back from a week stay at this hotel. We were very pleased with our experience. The rooms were a bit small and the bathroom a bit cramped but all were clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I had one small complaint about the front desk staff as some seemed young and inexperienced. I received wrong info from one of the them about check out time and the showers at the pool. We were expecting mediocre food but were pleasantly surprised by the options, the quality, and taste of the food. You MUST have a beignet if you stay here!! It was nice to have a small and quiet hotel with all amenities within close distance. Our daughter loved the pool and it was often hard to get her out. Travelling back and forth to the parks was easy with the buses, though sometimes a bit crowded. All in all, we were happy with our stay, would recommend it to others, and would go back in the future.

Room Tip: Building three was in the middle of all of the amenities, equi-distant to the pool, boat rides, food...
bolton england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Just back from our 2nd magical visit to this fab hotel,I was injured before we travelled and on crutches ,so I requested a room on low floor and near bus stops,many thanks to hotel I was given ground floor and in block 4 which is nearest bus stops,all staff and disney cast members in all of disney was so v helpful .i got a rest card from customer relations at Epcot on day 1'which was a god send its a special assistance fast pass.for use in all of disney parks,could use all fast pass entrances at any time for 14days.we had quick dinning plan which was brill ,so much food n drinks and many places to choose from all hotels in disney all parks n downtown too.tip for drinks like beer n wine is hess gas station downtown across from pleasure island bus stop 15dollers for 18 cans Budweiser the best hol def go back hear in few yrs

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place is super romantic. Don't let the cute pool steer you away if you are going as a couple. I had some of the best room service EVER! The maid left us cute little animal towels every day we stayed.....soooo fun!! The grounds are lovely to wander, and it's fun to take the boat to Downtown Disney. I have stayed in every single Disney Property Resort and this one is one of my favorites!! Totally recommend this place!!!

Room Tip: Choose one close to the main building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!