I was worried based on some of the negative reviews (and our last stay was at the Grand Floridian!) and found that our experience was better than expected! The room was clean, bright and quiet. We had a third floor, corner room which we requested. The furniture and bathroom fixtures were in tip-top shape. We left a tip for the maid each day and our room was sparkling when we returned from the parks each day. The grounds and buildings are beautiful, lush and looking very New Orleans-like.
The pool was terrific! Our six year old son had a great time on the dragon slide and was perfectly content to swim in this pool every single day. We never participated in the poolside games but the counselors and lifeguards are just top-notch, as everything is at Disney. I want to especially single out the lifeguards who are completely professional and take their jobs very seriously. While the bigger pool with the bigger slide at Riverside was available, we were a short walk from the pool and were very happy there.
The food court at French Quarter was the only thing that seemed at all "moderate." As we stayed at the Grand Floridian last year, the food court there was pretty similar. They are quick service restaurants where you sometimes have to wipe your own table. The only thing I didn't love about this hotel were the giant masks in the food court. My son asked what they were and I had a really hard time explaining giant masks. With so many maginificent restaurant options at Disney, I hate to relegate myself to the food court at the hotel. That said, the one at Riverside is much nicer, with the huge water wheel, and less fast food options.
Finally, the jazz singer plays in the bar but the stage is open so if you sit in the lobby you can hear him sing as well. He sings and plays Neil Diamond and other sing-along songs that were a lot of fun but also available if you didn't want to spend time in the bar. I like to visit all the hotels and I found Port Orleans - French Quarter an exceptional choice for a moderate hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is inspired by the romance and pageantry of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans, and where every day is a celebration. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring world of delicious Cajun food, jazz music and dazzling parades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Port Orleans Disney
- Disneys Port Orleans Hotel