“Nice, quiet hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter

Save Saved
You added Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter to your Saves list
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2201 Orleans Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Port Orleans Resort)   |
Ranked #43 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice, quiet hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The hotel overall was very nice. The grounds were beautiful with large oak trees and pretty flowerbeds. I especially liked the New Orleans style buildings!

We stayed in building 6 room 248 which was small, but adequate for 4 adults. There was a mini refrigerator and a coffee maker which was nice to have.

The toiletries were not replaced after the last guest and I would have liked the bathroom have been cleaner. We called housekeeping and they were very accommodating.

We didn't hear any outside noise while in our room and the beds were comfortable.

The lobby and gift shop were both nice and the staff was friendly. The Mardi Gras theme and christmas decorations were great!

We had beignets in the cafe which were quite tasty! We also had coffee a few times each day and it was always fresh & hot. It was very good!

I would definitely stay here again.

NOTE... If you are traveling with small kids request a ground floor room as the buildings are three stories with no elevators. Also, if you want to be close to the lobby, food court and gift shop request buildings 1- 4 it was a bit of a walk from the other buildings. We didn't mind the walk, but some might.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indiana, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our family couldn't have asked for a better time. We loved it so much last year, we made it our second stay this year. We had an early flight and arrived at the resort around eleven am. and our online check in packet and room were ready. WOW. Let the magic begin. The holiday decorations were lovely as always. The staff was great as well. The reason we stay here during the winter is that everything within the resort is condensed and you don't spend more time walking alot after walking all day at the parks. Also you can utilize not only the bus line but the water taxi to downtown disney which is very nice. The pool is a hit with the kids and they have fun activities for them to participate in and win little prizes. This was a very nice and relaxing resort to stay at. And quiet I may add. The jazz themed christmas music playing was a nice touch to the holiday season. Our magical express information was left on our door prior to leaving and we were able to check our luggage and have our boarding passes for Southwest printed at the front desk. Very convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is our “new” home while we are at Disney World. We have always stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in the past and have loved it dearly. With $$$ being very tight we decided to give POFQ a try. What a great idea!
Pros:
Close location to all the Disney parks.
Wonderful boat ride to Downtown Disney
It is the smallest Resort at Disney. It gives you a very comfy feeling.
Customer service is outstanding
Gift shop has everything you need.
Rooms are very clean and beds are QUEEN size! That’s a major plus for us!
Pool has lifeguards on duty and they are wonderful!

Cons:
Sorry I can not think of any!
We travel to Disney at least once a year. I do lots of planning and research. This is by far my first choice. There are lots to do and see at the Port Orleans French Quarter. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have only stayed at the Value Resorts on Disney property before, but I can honestly say that I think POFQ is a hidden gem. It is small and well groomed, with very friendly staff and a great hot tub and pool with a slide. My boyfriend and I walked around one night and saw horse-drawn carraige rides, a fire with smores, and took a boatride to Downtown Disney.

The rooms were clean and comfortable (I actually got ill during my trip and spent quite a bit of time in them). Housekeeping was very good, and the buses seem to always stop at POFQ first if picking up any other resort guests, so there was always a seat. After taking a bus ride to Magic Kingdom one day and having to stop at at least 4 stops for Riverside, it made me very thankful I had chosen the much smaller resort!!

My only complaint is that my BF and I are both vegetarians, and had NO options besides pizza at our resort. This wouldn't have been an issue except I got sick and was stuck in the room for a day and a half with nothing to eat.

Room Tip: Building 4 is the best!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was our first trip out to Disney World. Great staying in the resort area. Hotel was not bad, area was pretty nice, limited on what was there on the grounds. Dining area had 4 small different areas of food to choose from. To cold to swim while we were there. Short walk to a near by resort and a short boat ride to downtown Disney where there was plenty to do. Great staff, nice place.

Room Tip: We had a corner room so there was no issue of neighbors (just on one side)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We debated whether to stay in Disney world and pay a bit extra or stay out. We are so glad we chose to stay at a Disney hotel the buses were so convenient and saved a lot on rental. Loved this hotel while not 5 star fancy it had a lot of character. The thing that made it stand out for us was the high quality of curtains and sound proofing. We are a family of 4 and we liked to stay out till the parks closed and sleep in. Some mornings we didn't wake till 9.30 which has never happened anywhere else due to noise,light etc. Pool was nice to come back to. The resort didn't seem crazy busy even though we were there in June. Food court had limited variety particularly for healthy options.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

When choosing an Hotel, I really like TA advice because I have an idea of what to expect from a hotel, five star reviews doesn´t mean luxury, just an idea of what would you expect to receive.

So in other visits I stayed at Windsor Hills, Vistana Resorts among others but this time we decided to stay by first time (my 12 visit to Orlando) in a Disney Hotel mainly because we I was traveling only with my wife and son.

Pros:
1) Its incredible how you breathe the Disney Atmosphere in their hotels no way to be compared with other accommodations.
2) Disney Transport: it's great, no worries for the luggage at the car or the parking at Disney hotels.
3) Extended hours: a great benefit
4) Disney Dinning Plan: great if it’s free, I ate in some restaurants that probably I never would go like T-Rex restaurant at Downtoown Disner ($30 for an hamburger!!!)
5) Hotel: unlike from a house you forget about making the bed or cleaning your house.
6) FQ Hotel was great, stayed in building 7 but was a short walk to any place in the hotel, also the boat to downtown it’s nice.

Cons
Not really bad things, maybe some things to have in mind when you make your decision
1) I really like that in a house when traveling with parents that don't live with me, we share time in a house rental, not the same in an hotel.
2) Probably if not taking the dinning plan for free you'll pay a lot more than staying in a house.
3) You have only a room, in a house you have a big kitchen, your private pool, living room.

Probably for a week I’ll choose again a Disney property room, for 2 weeks: one at Disney and the other in a house.

Hope helps!!!

Thanks

Room Tip: Any building in FQ seems to be a great .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter? Share your experiences!