My partner and I investigated several Disney Hotels before selecting the Port Orleans French Quarter.
Our room was in building2 on the top floor with a view of the pool. The room itself was very spacious although had two King Sized beds rather than one superking, but they only have a few of these rooms and they were occupied. The double sinks were great and the condition and cleanliness was very good. The room offers a coffee maker (essential for us) and a fridge which we found to be extremely handy.
The maid service was very good and our room was cleaned fully daily and we were left with a couple of towel decorations a bear and a wedding cake! They were very cleverly done and a nice touch.
The location of the room was great to all the facilities including, boat pickup, bus pickup, resturant, swimming pool and shop. Our travel agent made an error with our room, however the reception staff were exteremly helpful and tried to rectify the issue as best as possible. If we had any questions over our two week stay all the staff were great.
The downsides that we found were that in fact the French Quarter isn’t as close to downtown Disney (short walk) as we initially thought. It’s not really worth paying extra for a River View room as the boats are extremely noisey and tend to beep none stop when travelling.
Overall a good choice and we would return to this hotel and certainly recommend it to friends.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Port Orleans
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is inspired by the romance and pageantry of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans, and where every day is a celebration. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring world of delicious Cajun food, jazz music and dazzling parades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Amex, Olotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.