We just got back from another stay at the WDW Resort in Florida - staying at Disney's Port Orleans, French Quarter Resort. It was FANTASTIC. We had a party of 13 and although we had different check-in days, the front desk did everything they could to keep us close together (within the same building/floor/etc).
The resort had been refurbished since our last stay two years ago and what an improvement! Now there are two queen beds (vs the previous two double beds) and the bathroom has been upgraded to include pedestal sinks with much more storage room for toiletries. We thoroughly enjoyed the space and additional shelf space!
The resort is just beautiful, kept remarkably clean and landscaping is just lovely.
The pool area is perfect for kids (and adult-kids, too!) and they have pool-side activities daily - so there's something for just about everyone. The lifeguards came up to my family and told us that we could "rent" lifejackets for our little daughters so that they could enjoy the pool more during our stay, which was awesome.
Our Mousekeepers were fairly good - some days better than others. (they didn't replace our soap or tissue boxes so we had to take care of that ourselves which was the only bad part - and that's a very minor issue)
The location to the parks is ideal at PO - only a couple minutes to each park, especially EPCOT and MK - the farthest park is AK, and even that is only 5 more minutes away.
I would highly recommend this resort to any family looking for a wonderful, on-property stay (with out breaking the bank!).
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Port Orleans
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is inspired by the romance and pageantry of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans, and where every day is a celebration. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring world of delicious Cajun food, jazz music and dazzling parades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Priceline, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.