We have stayed at the budget disney resorts previously but had to stay at a moderate resort this time in order to receive the free disney dining plan. Wow how glad we did!!! The resort is far nicer than the budget range and has little extras which make it that much better!! The dining plan is a must as this saved us a fortune we did not use our full allocation on meals or snacks. Beautiful rooms, staff very friendly and provision on site good.
Only negative was the bus back from downtown disney this bus is shared between both port orleans sites and this stopped at 4 different places on riverside part of new orleans adding 15-20 mins to your journey also if you are returning from typhoon lagoon you may be wet and cold so this is not ideal! I would recommend getting the boat back from downtown disney(last one 11pm-but be prepared for midgies!) Resort also had fab pool and slide and a hidden gem of 8-10 people spa pool but this was very very hot!!! I used to go in this after hard day at parks!
Getting to international drive and universal studios are a pain if taking the local buses however at 2 dollars each are much cheaper than the 40-50 dollar taxi fee. You take the lynx bus number 50 from magic kingdom transport centre to seaworld(ask for transfer when you get on to universal so you dont pay 2 dollars again) then from here get lynx 8 using existing ticket tell driver you want to go to universal then when he tells you to get off take the lynx 37. Only issue here is getting home if you leave after 8pm you may miss last bis as they finish early so make find you have to get a taxi back to disney!
Other than that a fab experience and resort I would defo stay again hopefully soon!!
- Also Known As:
- Disney Port Orleans
- Disney Port Orleans Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Orlando
- Disney Port Orleans French Quarter
- Port Orleans Hotel
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort
- Disney Port Orleans Hotel
- Port Orleans
- Disneys Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter is inspired by the romance and pageantry of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans, and where every day is a celebration. Step through a wrought-iron portal into an alluring world of delicious Cajun food, jazz music and dazzling parades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.