“Nice hotel, but staff left something to be desired” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

You added Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4401 Floridian Way, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #33 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Nice hotel, but staff left something to be desired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

This is a fantastic property. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and it was fantastic for 6 people. The property has nice features and the ease of access to Disney is unparalleled. However, the club level staff wasn't near what I would expect for such a grand hotel. When staying at the club level at a Ritz Carlton, the staff is open and friendly. Here, never once did we receive as much as a hello or how is your stay. This sounds rather expectant, but simple pleasantries are expressed at every hotel. Some things it would have been nice to know during our stay (I found these through other tripadvisor reviews and disney blogs so I can't confirm it's actually possible): 1) if you have club access outside the main building, you can still access the main club lounge; 2) club employees can set you up with one extra fast pass. Of course this didn't diminish our vacation, but would have certainly made certain things much easier. If true, I see no reason why this information wouldn't be shared since it is a direct benefit of staying in their club lounge rooms.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed at this resort twice in one year if that tells you how great this resort is! Once for Christmas 2013 and recently in October 2014, and I absolutely love it! Not only are the grounds stunningly gorgeous, the rooms are beautiful and offer two sinks which is great for families. The lobby is lines with little shops and boutiques. You have the option of dining at one of their four restaurants or their food court! They also have a magnificent spa and wedding pavilion. The Grand is one of the monorail hotels which means you can board a monorail at the hotel lobby and go right to the Magic Kingdom or the Ticket and Transportation Center and transfer to EPCOT. I highly recommend this hotel and trust me, you won't want to stay anywhere else after a stay here!

Room Tip: All the rooms have recently been renovated so you any room you get will be great. The standard view...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I absolutely love this hotel and had to fight back tears when it came time to check out because I didn't want to leave!

This hotel is magnificent and beautiful. The grounds are impeccably kept. The only other hotel I stayed in that even came close to it was the Hilton Hawaiian Village and that was many years ago! The landscaping, flowers, grounds, lagoon, our room were all beautiful. The rooms were nicely appointed and the hotel is very clean. We had a small balcony overlooking the pool to the side. It was nice to have a fridge and double sinks and a very large closet stocked with many hangers. It did lack a microwave. The beds, bedding and pillows were all very comfy.You would not expect less from this luxurious hotel. This hotel spoiled me from staying anywhere else in Orlando. We had excellent service from a very friendly accommodating staff. We did check out the other hotels on Disney property and none came close of this hotel. The Christmas decorations were also lovely; we were there a week before Christmas.. The gingerbread house had had some great chocolates. Upon entering the lobby you were greated with chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

The temperatures dropped to the high 40's/low 50's a couple of nights with days only in the 60's. The water in the pool was kept very warm and heated that people were swimming in it. (Not this Floridian, LOL!)

We ate in two restaurants on property Victoria and Albert and the Cafe. Both were excellent, although a bit pricey, but well worth it. I absolutely loved my Lobster Eggs Benedict at the Cafe.

Had a fantastic facial in the hotel. It was sooo relaxing and my skin looked great afterwards.

After checking out, we were taken to our car with our luggage by a tram. This is the only negative I did experience. I only had one leg in the tram and the driver started to move. He stopped almost immediately but it did leave me feeling very sore for several days. I felt he was not trained properly. Surely he should have been taught to make sure his passengers are all seated before moving. This is my dilemma for giving this hotel a 5 or 4 star rating. OK, I am feeling generous this morning and will go with 5 stars. I would absolutely love to stay in this hotel again!

If you are looking for a lovely place to stay and some luxury, you must stay in this hotel!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Grand Floridian!! Beautiful Disney Hotel, On the monorail to Disney. Cant beat the location. Service was very good. Christmas Eve was filled with decorations, music, and lots of children and families enjoying themselves. (Not recommended for a romantic get away-lol) Our view from the 4th floor was of Magic Kingdom and the lagoon. A bit noisy as would be expected with so many children running around, but otherwise-Perfect. A visit from Cinderella and her evil step mom and step sisters in the Hotel Restaurant-1900 Park Fare- was the hit of the night for most of the children eating there. They were happy and almost insisted on taking photos with everyone as they went table to table. Our room was perfect. A welcoming message from Mickey on our phone was awesome! I need to compare the other two "on premise" hotels to get a good feel of ranking this hotel 1 thru 3. But it certainly was the most beautiful of the three.

Room Tip: Top floors overlooking magic kingdom are best.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My mom, two younger sons ages 11 and 9 spent a week her in early November- after Veterans day and before the Thanksgiving break. we bought a package deal which had free dining- first time in the 20 plus times we have stayed at a disney resort. Because it was a normally quieter time of the year, the resort was uncrowded and spacious. Our room was excellent- upgraded upon checkin to pool view. we stayed in the Boca Cheeca Bldg. The hotel staff was excellent, room service impeccable, constantly upgrading ad repairing items. (we had no idea we were missing a crystal from one of the lamps until the repair guy showed up) We felt pampered and welcomed. We rented a cabana one day- excellent option and choice- great service. The quick service restaurants on site were good with many different options. They were beginning the christmas decorating process and we were in anticipation every day to see what would be going up next. Towels, beddings, and amenities were exceptional- my boys loved the fluffy towels. It seemed everywhere we went on the hotel grounds - someone went out of their way to help us. The MK fireworks and the lagoon light show were easily ( and often ) viewed. The monorail is right outside your door with the first stop being the Magic Kingdom- great when dragging home tired little bugs. We sat in the lobby waiting for the park fair buffet and watched a guy tend to each of the live floral arrangements with great detail. We have stayed at the Polynesian, the Dolphin / Swan, the Contemporary, and the Boardwalk. We will be back to the GF! Expensive yes- but with the free meal plan- well worth the cost.

Room Tip: unlike some of the other disney properties which can be a hike to the food and drinks area and entra...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed in the new villas (2 bedroom) and our standard view offered a view od the fountains, pool, beach, fireworks and monorail, we had a great spot. The room was beautiful, showers were simply amazing, and everything about the resort said come and stay! Beautiful common areas with. Wonderful touches throughout. Have stayed here before and will again. This is a wonderful location to celebrate something special, or to create something special.,

Room Tip: Simply ask ahead of time for what you would prefer, near or far from elevator, high or low. We had...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just returned from our family vacation in Disney World and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Grand Floridian. We are Florida residents so we did get a break on purchasing our passes. We were on the meal plan and even though there is nothing cheap about Disney the meal plan does offer a lot of food selections and plenty of it. My husband and I could have almost shared some of the meals but I think you have to have everyone in the room on the meal plan. The hotel is deluxe and it comes at a premium. We hoped to get a good Florida resident rate but it was still very pricey. If you're going to stay at a deluxe hotel, you might as well throw caution to the wind and be prepared to break the bank. It definitely is a beautiful hotel and especially lovely at this time of year. Our room was large and clean. We had a refrigerator which was convenient. The bathroom door leading to the toilet and shower was a little tight and awkward but no big deal. We had turn down service at night and enjoyed the extra touch of a chocolate on your pillow. I requested to stay in the Big Pine Key building because it was closest to the main building. My request wasn't granted and we were in Boca Chica. I was disappointed at first until I realized we could see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our balcony! Gasparilla Island Grill is a great restaurant on property that offers a variety on its menu. The hotel is on the monorail and it makes transportation to the parks very convenient. Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom still require a bus. My favorite monorail hotel is the Contemporary but we couldn't get a decent room rate for Florida residents. Regardless, I am very happy with our experience at the Grand Floridian and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!