“Loved Grand Floridian” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

You added Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4401 Floridian Way, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830   |
Ranked #33 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
St. Louis, MO
“Loved Grand Floridian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2004

My family loved the Grand Floridian! We stayed on a concierge level room in the main building. The concierge's treats were great! We loved the monorail access and our favorite restaurants right there at the Grand Floridian! Our two favorites were Citricos and Victoria and Albert's. Even though they might be overpriced, we loved them! Grand Floridian is kid and adult friendly and I don't see any bad things about it. I'm actually going there today -I'm still home!- and I can't wait! When you first arrive, it's like a diamond in a field of grass! It's charm amazes me and it's absolutely great! Next time you go to Walt Disney World, stay at the Grand Floridian! You won't be disappointed!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2004

i loved the grand floridian. we stayed there for 3 nitghs and i didnt want to leave. it was easy to get to the parks, and easy to find food. our building, the sugar loaf, always had food in the lobby. the staff was extremely nice and helpful, and there was so many shops and dining areas. i charged all my purchases to my room key, adding to the convience. the resort itself was beautiful. there was so many birds and plants, evrything was clean. i loved the pools and the veiw. the rooms were very pretty, and the room servace even folded up blankets we brought along!! it was a magical vacation, and i cannot wait for another chance to stay there. it was a wonderful trip.

Pearl City, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2004

My wife and I travel extensively. Comparitively, the Grand Floridian is overpriced. The grounds are immaculate & staff are courteous. Room is average though housekeepers are meticulous. I was disappointed that I was charged an additional fee to use the exercise equipment; most hotels have this as a free amenity. I wondered what happened to the coffee pot that I read was "supposed" to be in each room, only to learn that one could be provided upon request (I did not learn of this until the day I checked out). It stormed while we were there; our room was detached from the main building so getting soaked is not an option unless you buy an raincoat. The hotel should consider having umbrellas at the door of each building for guests to use. The staff use "golf carts" to transport between buildings. They "drove" us to our building the day of check-in but thereafter, they never stopped their carts to offer guests shelter from the rain. The pools were OK, felt discouraged when ducks flew in to join me in a swim & decided to do 'their business' in it; jacuzzi was lukewarm, not hot enough. Cost of food is expensive, with a 100%-200% markup (although this applies to all of WDW). After staying at the Floridian for 4 nights we continued our remaining Orlando stay at another hotel in the Lake Buena Vista area for a third of what I paid and it was most satisfying. Overall, for the price, we expected more than a beautiful looking resort.

• Stayed May 2004, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2004

I had dreamed of staying at this resort for many years, having bypassed it while on the monorail and staying at various Disney resort properties with much success.
We chose to stay at the Grand Floridian to celebrate our tenth anniversary.
As a side note, we had been staying at Universal Studios Portofino Resort on previous
visits, so we were expecting at least comparable quality and luxury, if not more.
On the positive side, the grounds were quite beautiful.
Now to the negatives.
Our room was located in the boca chica building, overlooking the lagoon, and the side of Cinderella's Castle which was glimpsed through towering pines.
The bathroom was miniscule, so much in fact that one could not close the door without scraping the edge of the toilet seat. The mattresses were uncomfortable, the shower head was broken, and the faucet handle was difficult to turn. Also, room service dinner was lukewarm, and nothing special.
Overall, the conclusion we drew was that you pay for the name, and to say "I stayed at the Grand Floridian". We switched to the Contemporary, which though not as ornate, fits the bill: good food, monorail, better view from tower room, and less expense.
This is just an opinion, perhaps we received a room that had not been refurbished, and
we simply feel we've spent our money better elsewhere. After staying at the Portofino, nothing else quite compares.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2004

As many times as I have ridden the monarail, I always dreamed as it stopped at the Grand Floriandian, That someday I will stay there. My dream did come true, and we spend four unbelieveable days. The weather was perfect, the service way beyond my wildess expect- tion. The hotel is beyond description, as far as beauty, service, the attention paid to guests etc. My only to sum up of how pleased I was is: I'LL BE BACK, WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!! NEXT BEST THING TO HAWAII

Been to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Address: 4401 Floridian Way, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Top resorts Hotel in Orlando
#10 Spa Hotel in Orlando
#12 Luxury Hotel in Orlando
#21 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#34 Family Hotel in Orlando
#38 Business Hotel in Orlando
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa 4.5*
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is a Victorian-style Disney Deluxe Resort distinguished as the flagship hotel of Walt Disney World Resort and offering world-class dining, entertainment and luxurious accommodations in its 6 striking red-gabled buildings. This magnificent hotel sits along the white-sand shores of Seven Seas Lagoon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Disney Grand Floridian Resort
Grand Floridian Resort
Grand Floridian Disney
Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
Grand Floridian Orlando
Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando

If you own or manage Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.