If you're visiting Disney then it worth investing the extra dollars to stay at Disney's Grand Floridian hotel. We first visited in 1987 and have been back many times since and it never fails to deliver on all fronts.It is a beautiful hotel, very comfortable and nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff.
The rooms are traditionally furnished with very comfortable mattresses and pillows.
There are several dining options. The character breakfast in 1900 Park Fayre(which I booked well in advance) is a great thing for the kids and the buffet breakfast has absolutely everything on it you could wish for. In that respect it is worth the money they charge.The quality of the food in all their restaurants is consistantly excellent. Getting a table for dinner is more difficult. Their fine dining Italian called Citricos is nigh on impossible to book unless you book it when you book your holiday. The bar at Citricos does serve the restaurant food but it is not particularly comfortable to sit perched on a bar stool eating what is supposed to be fine dining and paying the same price as well..
There are a number of benefits staying at a Disney hotel. One is Disney's Magical Express which takes you from the airport to your hotel with minimum fuss. Another is that you get extra park hours so you can go to the theme parks before they are open to the general public and you get late hours after the parks officially close.. You also get monorail services going just to the hotels and the option of taking a boat across to the Magic Kingdom.
All in all it is not a cheap option but it is an experience you'll want to repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish bayside Resort hotel. Relax in the sumptuous lobby as the live orchestra plays ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Bask on the white-sand beach, indulge in a luxurious massage and watch the fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop to Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless Victorian-style marvel evokes Palm Beach's golden era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando