For visiting the parks and getting the full 'magical' Disney experience, the hotel is excellent. Great location.The customer service is impressive (even by Disney standards), with the housekeeping staff going above and beyond to make the stay comfortable. The lobby is impressive; the nightly live band is really amazing. 24 hour cafe is great, especially as we were in town for race weekend and were able to get coffee and breakfast at 3am.
We booked the travel through a travel agency, and did not realize the extent of construction. I had thought it was simply the pool, but a huge new building is under construction with other smaller areas undergoing work as well; we had to walk through construction areas to get to our room. The construction crew did their best to keep the impact to a minimum, but it definitely was a disappointment.
Similar to the Polynesian, there is a central lobby building with separate buildings with guest rooms (in addition to the rooms in the main lobby). We were in a separate building, and I found it to be 'lonely' and a little depressing after walking through the main building/lobby.
The rooms are nice; the 'style' of the hotel is a little overwhelming by intention with a lot of patterns- wallpaper, carpeting, linens, etc.
The main disappointment was the 'refurbished' fitness center. It serves the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. Having been there several times in the past, it seems like some of the footprint has been decreased during the attached spa renovation. It is too small for the number of guests at both hotels. The equipment is good, but the free weights area accommodates one person comfortably, and two is a squeeze. But more problematic than the size of the gym is the complete lack of restroom facilities. If you need to use the restroom, you must go next door to the spa and ask to be escorted into the spa to use the restroom. The spa attendant waits outside the bathroom for you. I am not sure what one would do when the spa is closed as the spa/fitness center is a separate building between the two resorts. There are also no facilities to store belongings; I had to put my bag on the floor in a corner. There was also no means of cleaning the equipment after use. It is absolutely ridiculous and I was very disappointed. This is not what I would expect for the level of resort and the amount paid.
We have stayed at the Swan and Dolphin resorts in past (at half the cost of the Grand Floridian), each of which had large fitness centers with great facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is a Victorian-style Disney Deluxe Resort distinguished as the flagship hotel of Walt Disney World Resort and offering world-class dining, entertainment and luxurious accommodations in its 6 striking red-gabled buildings. This magnificent hotel sits along the white-sand shores of Seven Seas Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando