I just returned from a 6 day stay at the Grand Floridian. I had two adjoining rooms in the Sago Cay building. Let me begin by saying that I have stayed at the Grand Floridian in the past and had a wonderful experience. In fact, I was adamant that our family stayed again at the GF.
I was aware that the resort was under construction and had called ahead of time to ask questions about the resort during this period. I will say that the information I got was not accurate and I do believe people should avoid the GF during this time.(and I am a GF fan) It is a major inconvenience if you would like to use the quick service dining options (pool or Misner's). The service and selections are very minimal at both locations. It is similar to airport food. The only pool that is open is very crowded, overlooked by a construction site, and dirty due to overusage by quick service dining.
The resort loses its appeal when you feel like you are walking around in a construction site. I still think the GF is the best property on the monorail but only when the renovations are completed. It is very inconvenient in its current state. Convenience is the main reason I think most pay the rates charged at this hotel because even in normal operations a hotel of this caliber wouldn't be able to charge these rates for its level of accomodations if it wasn't so convenient to the Magic Kingdom. If you already feel like you are splurging or spending more than you really want too, be prepared to be disappointed when you arrive because you will feel like you really overpaid. If you just want a place to stay that is convenient for children's naps, etc. then you will probably be ok.
I think everyone should consider the other options are just prepare yourself that you will not get the true GF experience. The hotel seems below average in its current state. The Contemporary or Polynesian are better options right now.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Floridian
- Grand Floridian Hotel
- Disney Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Grand Floridian Disney
- Disneys Grand Floridian Hotel
- Grand Floridian Orlando
- Disney Grand Floridian Hotel
- Disney Grand Floridian
- Grand Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is a Victorian-style Disney Deluxe Resort distinguished as the flagship hotel of Walt Disney World Resort and offering world-class dining, entertainment and luxurious accommodations in its 6 striking red-gabled buildings. This magnificent hotel sits along the white-sand shores of Seven Seas Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Venere, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.